Champions League

Sterlingfan2000

This was an absolutely exemplary display of English football :lol: :lol:

Typical Liverpool - can have the best season ever and they'll leave fans around the world with the memory of the worst possible CL final. Big Dick Origi to the rescue :lol: Utterly tragic.

Spurs were even worse. Pochettino made a huge blunder letting Kane play. Not because of fitness, but because the dude legit made his team play worse football this season. Llorente was crucial to both of their comeback wins as the only man on their team that has ever witnessed Champions League knockouts. And Poch leaves him out.. Useless.
They're going to have to work very very hard to avoid a mass exodus now. The helplessness on the pitch was overwhelming and many of the players who do have the ambition to win (Alderweireld, Rose, Alli) were left massively disappointed. Again.

Noone will remember how the Final was played. 2012 Was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse. 2010 Was also Incredible boring, LVG Hoof possesion football. 2013 was also boring

Yet the people only remember the Winners Chelsea and Inter and Bayern

El Gato

Villarato!
I agree, great goalkeeping and defending, our traditional strengths. :cheers: :hooray:

O mate, quality watch wasn't it? To put it in perspective, people in the pub here, and most of them are Englishmen, have made the most collective noise when the naked woman ran out onto the pitch.

Noone will remember how the Final was played. 2012 Was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse. 2010 Was also Incredible boring, LVG Hoof possesion football. 2013 was also boring

Don't be silly. People remember the moments that these matches had. And this final compared to these two is at the bottom of the list. Zero drama anywhere. Match was set from the 1st minute. Spurs got exposed so hard.

Last edited:

Givenchy

one of the worst finals in any competition i've ever seen. i'm not sure if it was down to that 3 week break + the heat on top of it or what but that was not a good show from English football.

for all the talk about the mighty PL, if THAT is the best they have to offer in a Champions league final.. i hope the rest of Europe get their shit together or football will become very boring

congrats to any Liverpool fans and commiserations to Spurs!

also [MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION] i agree, the streaker was the highlight of the match

Last edited:

West Saxon

O mate, quality watch wasn't it? To put it in perspective, people in the pub here, and most of them are Englishmen, have made the most collective noise when the naked woman ran out onto the pitch.
Wasn't the most exciting match in the world, no, but finals rarely are. I still enjoyed Liverpool's performance (I support a Championship team so didn't care who won, was just happy two English teams have won both European competitions) as I love watching good defending. I'm a goalkeeper myself and Alisson in particular is amazing, truly amazing.

serghei

I agree with Wolfe. One of the great CL seasons filled with drama all over had one of the weakest finals. It's ironic.

Andrew M

I disagree with you. Both 2012 and 2013 were competitive. Easily better games than this year.

2010 was shit i agree.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
disaster for a final, liverpool refused to play. on a good day barca would have beaten the shit out of this liverpool

Barcilliant

Lmao. An epl team wins cl and suddenly the stupid English press go on about a dynasty and how Liverpool can dominate for years to come.

vlad

Absolute disaster, from how did barca fucked up 3:0 lead, how there was pretty easy opponent in final, madrid hosted that final, after watching real winning it 3 in a row, winning cl in madrid would look slightly better, but thanks to manager and pussy mentality among players, liverpool surpassed barca in cl trophies, couldnt be worse if you ask me, first madrid 3 times then this

FC B

Liverpool played differently against us because the situation of the game was different. Once they had scored the 4-0 goal, they played the same tactics as in the final.

The quality of Klopp is that he is indeed a flexible manager, not a one trick pony like Valverde or at times Simeone. Can press and attack, but also can sit back and soak up pressure.

Valverde for example is crap when he has to chase a game. Klopp is not because his positional game ain't worth a dime. Valverde is also terrible at defending leads in high pressure games. Klopp is not.

Valverde probably dreams at night he is someone like Klopp. Because that's exactly what he is aiming at style wise. But he simply doesn't have the goods.

It's almost a blasphemy to put Klopp and Valverde in the same sentence.

Demog

It was a poor final but look at it from Liverpool's point of view. They lost the final last year. Klopp had lost 6 finals in a row. Liverpool had an incredible league season, winning 97 points (!) and STILL couldn't win the league. After the league season they had, the final loss last year and Klopp's 6 defeats in a row, they could not afford to screw this up. If Liverpool lost to Spurs it would have been one of the worst calamities in the club's history considering all that has happened this season. They could not afford to lose this, they could not afford to end a spectacular season without a major trophy. So after taking the lead, they just managed the game to ensure victory without any drama, no frills, just get the win. They have done so and have capped a fine season with a great trophy.

MagIX

Congrats to Liverpool, well done.
But especially congrats to Klopp, he's the one, the architect, behind this victory

Home of Barca Fans