Champions League

blueandclaret

Liverpool just had a lucky year really. No other top team performed in the Champs League. We also fucked a 3-0 up, which should never happen. Heck, Liverpool and Spurs both finished 2nd in their group. I think Liverpool only performed well against Bayern away, Barcelona at home and Porto away. They were shit for the other games.

We literally blew it big time. I honestly don't get how Valverde is still in the job after throwing away 2 3 goal advantages 2 years in a row and losing to Valencia in the final.
Just goes to show us all that a trophyless season next year is necessary for change within this club. Winning La Liga again would just keep Valverde here beyond 2020.

mc_lovin

Liverpool just had a lucky year really. No other top team performed in the Champs League. We also fucked a 3-0 up, which should never happen. Heck, Liverpool and Spurs both finished 2nd in their group. I think Liverpool only performed well against Bayern away, Barcelona at home and Porto away. They were shit for the other games.

We literally blew it big time. I honestly don't get how Valverde is still in the job after throwing away 2 3 goal advantages 2 years in a row and losing to Valencia in the final.

Will be interesting to see if Liverpool is in for big trophies next season. Really dont think you can maintain success with a midfield like theirs. Congratz to Klopp though - he knows how to make certain player types work.

serghei

Liverpool played differently against us because the situation of the game was different. Once they had scored the 4-0 goal, they played the same tactics as in the final.

The quality of Klopp is that he is indeed a flexible manager, not a one trick pony like Valverde or at times Simeone. Can press and attack, but also can sit back and soak up pressure.

Valverde for example is crap when he has to chase a game. Klopp is not because his positional game ain't worth a dime. Valverde is also terrible at defending leads in high pressure games. Klopp is not.

Valverde probably dreams at night he is someone like Klopp. Because that's exactly what he is aiming at style wise. But he simply doesn't have the goods.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm doing alright. The last few months I've been busy with family stuff. Thanks for asking :)

Glad to hear that. :p

I am actually torn right now between deciding whether I should go to Vienna or Granada/Seville for a three-day weekend in September after renewing my commitment card in Barcelona. How is the weather in Vienna in September? Would three days be enough?

clemente

In the final we would play different, we choked because we were scared to lose a 3-0 lead, but if we made it to the final, even under this pathetic manager we would STOMP on this spurs team, and win against lfc by at least 2 goals, this might be the most pathetic final I've ever seen, 0 yellow cards, everyone is scared, fucking hate this team for another disgraceful cl exit.

BerkeleyBernie

GOD SAVE THE-

Gawd save us from ever having to watch another "exciting" "end-to-end" all-England final.

Ajax was sorely missed.

Credit due to Origi for excellent placement on his poacher goal.

But, my gawd...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

BarcaGirl

Glad to hear that. :p

I am actually torn right now between deciding whether I should go to Vienna or Granada/Seville for a three-day weekend in September after renewing my commitment card in Barcelona. How is the weather in Vienna in September? Would three days be enough?

September can sometimes be hot, usually it's mild to warm. I think 3 days are more than enough :)

El Gato

Villarato!
This was an absolutely exemplary display of English football :lol: :lol:

Typical Liverpool - can have the best season ever and they'll leave fans around the world with the memory of the worst possible CL final. Big Dick Origi to the rescue :lol: Utterly tragic.

Spurs were even worse. Pochettino made a huge blunder letting Kane play. Not because of fitness, but because the dude legit made his team play worse football this season. Llorente was crucial to both of their comeback wins as the only man on their team that has ever witnessed Champions League knockouts. And Poch leaves him out.. Useless.
They're going to have to work very very hard to avoid a mass exodus now. The helplessness on the pitch was overwhelming and many of the players who do have the ambition to win (Alderweireld, Rose, Alli) were left massively disappointed. Again.

blueandclaret

they were better than us for 75% of the tie. they deserved the final
We couldn’t get a better result than 4-0 at Anfield. West Ham, Red Star Belgrade, Newcastle, Arsenal, Watford, and Huddersfield Town are the only teams that couldn’t do better than 4-0 at Anfield this year.

Home of Barca Fans