Champions League

Sterlingfan2000

Its easy in Camp Nou to avoid Physicallity.

The Pitch is so big that u can outpass everyone but in normal grounds its not possible. Thats why we are so good in Home and so bad away from home.

Tall Physicall player who is good in the air should be the priority, so we dont crumble on away games.

Centauri B

I see the premfaces are back in full force. :lol:

And now, for the first time in 10 years, they are is a heavy element of truth in what they say (lots of rubbish as well) This was bound to happen of course, money always wins out in the end, only surprise is that it took so long.

ebc_99

Top European clubs like Bayern, Barca and Real will be stronger next year, the biggest problems these 3 clubs had was the coach. Swap Klopp with Kovac, Pep with Valverde and Solari with Poch and it would be completely different. Barca, Bayern and Real have to be much smarter when selecting the manager, why are the best German and Spanish coaches manageing in England and not in their home countries, Barca had Pep and let him go, Bayern could have got Klopp but let him slip away. The manager is the most important part we need to fix right now, same with Bayern, Real and Juve too.

Andrew M

In the long-run results reflect money spent. Ridiculous to claim otherwise.

Edit: Of the 4 semi-finalists, Barca (number 2 on the money list) Liverpool (number 7, slightly behind PSG & City) Spurs (number 10, above Dortmund, Atleti or Juventus) Only Ajax doesn't fit the bill, and that's why there was so much talk of a fairy-tale run in their case.

Of course being able to pay high wages means you can have the best players; i'm particularly addressing the moronic argument that Madrid, Barca, Bayern, PSG, Juve failed because of Premier League wealth. It's a lazy, superficial case to make. Perhaps at the moment they are just putting together better teams, or the athletic nature of the league is winning out at the moment? Or they are making smarter buys than other teams who have senior pros on high wages and are too scared to move on? Juve, Bayern, Barca have lots of old players....

Being a rich club is one thing, but making a great team is another. In 2006 we were the 6 richest club in the world in terms of revenue, and now we are the 2nd. Which Barca would you rather watch, 2006 or 2019?

How come Atletico have more fiscal resources now than ever, pay more than ever, yet their best team was in 2014 when they were the 20th richest team? Man Utd have been a wealthy club for years yet struggle to put a great team together. Man City and PSG are backed financially by states and cannot get past the 1/4 finals of CL yet Spurs who have a pretty small wage bill have made the final?

Last edited:

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
as i said most big clubs have declined that is why we are having this kind of Champions League. Next year there won't be surprises. PL fans will hype everything from now on about their league and teams. Next year spanish clubs will beat the shit out of everyone once again.

Sterlingfan2000

as i said most big clubs have declined that is why we are having this kind of Champions League. Next year there won't be surprises. PL fans will hype everything from now on about their league and teams. Next year spanish clubs will beat the shit out of everyone once again.

I dont think so. Ronaldo isnt in Madrid anymore and Atletico lost Hernandez and possibly Griezmann and Costa

Centauri B

Maybe the next couple years will be dominated by Premier League, but it won't be because they have more money than Real and Barca.

It's not about this year or the previous or the next one. Having money allows you to have and maintain a squad of very good and world class players. Without lots of money, this is impossible. Even the richest teams go through cycles, or make poor deals in the market. But the prevailing trend, is for rich clubs to dominate poorer ones. Ajax made the semis this year, but due to lack of money, I can predict that next year they will probably fail to make it out of the GS. Whereas, PSG/Real Madrid/Juventus/City/Barca/Liverpool/Bayern will all almost certainly be there (CL KO stages) as well as the year after and the year after that. We can confidently predict this because of one thing. We know these teams have more money than say Ajax, or Valencia, or West Ham, or Porto, or Dynamo Kiev, or Anderlecht, or Dukla Prague.

I am not saying that CL results will always perfectly reflect money spent, they won't, but the longer the time period we examine, the more results will tend to converge (never fully, just converge) to this fundamental determining factor.

Centauri B

I dont think so. Ronaldo isnt in Madrid anymore and Atletico lost Hernandez and possibly Griezmann and Costa

Real Madrid will be spending some serious money this summer, surely they will improve. How much remains to be seen. Atletico have their work cut out. We will have to wait and see if they can renew their team.

Sterlingfan2000

It's not about this year or the previous or the next one. Having money allows you to have and maintain a squad of very good and world class players. Without lots of money, this is impossible. Even the richest teams go through cycles, or make poor deals in the market. But the prevailing trend, is for rich clubs to dominate poorer ones. Ajax made the semis this year, but due to lack of money, I can predict that next year they will probably fail to make it out of the GS. Whereas, PSG/Real Madrid/Juventus/City/Barca/Liverpool/Bayern will all almost certainly be there (CL KO stages) as well as the year after and the year after that. We can confidently predict this because of one thing. We know these teams have more money than say Ajax, or Valencia, or West Ham, or Porto, or Dynamo Kiev, or Anderlecht, or Dukla Prague.

I am not saying that CL results will always perfectly reflect money spent, they won't, but the longer the time period we examine, the more results will tend to converge (never fully, just converge) to this fundamental determining factor.

Lol West ham in this list. Westham has 130 Million Pound warchest. It's close to Bayerns. Even fullham who got relegated had spent 100million.

Tv money makes this things happens

Its easy in Camp Nou to avoid Physicallity.

The Pitch is so big that u can outpass everyone but in normal grounds its not possible. Thats why we are so good in Home and so bad away from home.

Tall Physicall player who is good in the air should be the priority, so we dont crumble on away games.

I have been thinking about this lately.
The reason we got away with beating Liverpool 3- 0 at home is b.c they couldn't suffocate us and press us as much as they could in their small stadium.
The camp Nou also makes players tired themselves quicker whereas in anfield they could entraps us more easily since they do t have to run as much.
Barca should really consider a small field like the bearnabeu just so we get used to playing in those stadiums where there isn't as much space .

raskolnikov

The reason we got away with beating Liverpool 3- 0 at home is b.c they couldn't suffocate us and press us as much as they could in their small stadium.
The camp Nou also makes players tired themselves quicker whereas in anfield they could entraps us more easily since they do t have to run as much.
Barca should really consider a small field like the bearnabeu just so we get used to playing in those stadiums where there isn't as much space .
We need to be able to play both types. Atleast enough to not bottle 3-0 leads. That is inexcuseable, small pitch or not.

malvolio

Again with this bullshit about pitch size and stadium atmosphere? Guys, we won because we converted chances and they didn't. The same happened in Liverpool, but in reverse.

Score 1 or 2 of the chances we had in the first half in the return leg and Liverpool crumbles. They didn't tyre out because the pitch is huge(this is a myth BTW). They didn't know what hit them because we were dominating psihologically after scoring 3 goals while they couldn't convert shit.

We play well at the Bernabeu because it is familiar to us, we know them, we know what to expect. Real plays football, like us. They don't park the bus, they don't rely on suffocating press to win them matches. We might not face Liverpool in the next 10 years, by that time they might play possession based football. It's normal to have to adapt, but it's different to playing them 3-4 times every season.

Last edited:

kollegah

I'm still buzzled how we can embarass every team in the world at camp nou, but away from home we are looking like an scared amateur side.

Home of Barca Fans