Champions League

Leo_Messi

Insane game yesterday night. Tough on Man City but Pep's cowardice in the first game costed them. Not overly sad as Man City would be a far harder opponent in a potential final for us than Tottenham would be and I did not want them to win the quadruple either as that could rival or even eclipse our sextete. Happy that Spurs progressed due to wanting Ajax Amsterdam to reach the final as they have played the most brilliant football this season against all odds and despite not being an economic powerhouse unlike all their rivals (RM and Juve) in the knockout stages.

Wonderful to see Ajax, in particular their current insanely talented and wonderful generation, kick out the trash that is Juve. Wonderful week in the CL.

Barcilliant

Lol, if we would go out the same way people would put all the blame in the world on Valverde.

But now Fraudiola's apologists are already looking for excuses.

Don't like Tottenham at all and Pochettino even less but job well done.

Pochettino is a smug dick and a perico to boot. He's already talking up Spurs chances.

The semis against Liverpool will be tough. If we are off our game Liverpool will go through. If we're in our game we can progress. This Liverpool side is good but Dortmund 2013 was way better. If we don't concede early at Anfield we can win there.

I just hope Valverde's tactics and line ups are on point. Small details decide cl ties.c

Morten

Insane game yesterday night. Tough on Man City but Pep's cowardice in the first game costed them. Not overly sad as Man City would be a far harder opponent in a potential final for us than Tottenham would be and I did not want them to win the quadruple either as that could rival or even eclipse our sextete. Happy that Spurs progressed due to wanting Ajax Amsterdam to reach the final as they have played the most brilliant football this season against all odds and despite not being an economic powerhouse unlike all their rivals (RM and Juve) in the knockout stages.

Wonderful to see Ajax, in particular their current insanely talented and wonderful generation, kick out the trash that is Juve. Wonderful week in the CL.

City wouldnt be far harder in a final, they lack experience and history in this competition, Barca would certainly beat them.

Vilarrubi

City wouldnt be far harder in a final, they lack experience and history in this competition, Barca would certainly beat them.

City on a good day can beat anyone though. Also the fact we've already beaten Spurs might give us an edge. But yeah i'd say we were big favourites against any of City, Spurs, Ajax if we get past Liverpool.

Morten

City on a good day can beat anyone though. Also the fact we've already beaten Spurs might give us an edge. But yeah i'd say we were big favourites against any of City, Spurs, Ajax if we get past Liverpool.

Get past Liverpool, and the trophy is yours.
Much like RM, Barca never really loses CL-finals, so our only hope is Liverpool now.

Leo_Messi

In a final Man City would be a far harder opponent than Spurs. Pep would not be able to fuck it up as usual in recent years by trying to be overly smart in a two-legged tie. If not for his cowardice in the first leg, Man City would likely have qualified.
Man City would just go for it and the tactic would be simple. Attack and attack. Individually Man City are better than Spurs as is their squad depth. Their respective ideal lineups are not too far apart though.

Man City lacks experience and history in the CL but Spurs even more so as well as Pochettino. At least Pep has been there and done it. Can't say the same thing about Pochettino.

So yes, I believe that Man City would be a far harder opponent in a potential CL final.

Morten

Something is wrong when your "toughest" opponent is conceding 3 goals at home to Spurs, City is fragile at the back, and Barca would exploit it.
Sure, City can score some goals at the other end, but at the end of the day Barca still have more quality in attack.

Leo_Messi

Something is wrong when your "toughest" opponent is conceding 3 goals at home to Spurs, City is fragile at the back, and Barca would exploit it.
Sure, City can score some goals at the other end, but at the end of the day Barca still have more quality in attack.

Are you trying to somehow argue that Spurs is the harder opponent despite barely qualifying against the same Man City team in a cup tournament like the CL while being lightyears behind them in the league table? Or is it about Spurs having the better squad depth, better individual players and a better manager? The same Spurs team that barely won against our B team at the Camp Nou when we had nothing to play for while they had everything to play for? The same Spurs team that barely made it out of our CL group if not for Inter choking at home against PSV? Anyway no point discussing this further.

It's not like Spurs outplayed Man City. It was a coin toss. Another referee would have called Llorente's goal off. Pep's cowardice in the first leg was the key in that tie. No two ways about it.

But of course it is football and everything can happen. For all we know we might lose against that same Spurs team in a potential final should both teams make it. Stranger things have occurred. I would not bet on it though that is for sure.

Last edited:

Morten

All im saying is that City is fragile, and lacks experience in this competition.
So yeah, i never really rated them in the knockouts, while the rest were going "man, City is the team to beat this season, big favorites" and all that.

Spurs or City? I guess you would have to give a sligth edge to City, because the same can be said for Spurs, but there really isnt much in it, either of them is a guaranteed win for Barca in the final.
League form isnt particulary relevant in this competition, btw.

Home of Barca Fans