Champions League

El Gato

Villarato!
Valverde's wasn't a mistake. It's good to hold off the league cushion (whatever it was above Atletico, 8-10 points?). Solari's was more doubtful, a bit prideful and stubborn to not concede league defeat while 10 points behind.

I'm prepared for us losing tonight. Especially if he fields the 4-3-3 instead of trying 4-4-2, given we can't go to 3-5-2 with Ramos suspended. He needs to take the load off the defenders. If he doesn't do it, I expect the worst. Ajax need 1 goal to get into the game and for RM to feel the pressure. Then 2nd goal, however it comes, forces a reaction from the forwards who haven't scored from open play in 3 weeks. Won't end well without Mariano in 4-4-2. We need to play 2 strikers, Vinicius as LM, Casemiro/Valverde-Modrić as CMs, Lucas at RM. Otherwise I don't see us not struggling really badly.

Last edited:

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
Ajax will not play better than in 1st leg but will score more. i see a 1-2 Ajax and game will go on extra time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ajax will do well I feel. It's unreasonable to expect a team that young to eliminate Real Madrid, but they will go down with a fight. They have a chance, but it's unlikely to happen.

All of you frauds that laughed at me when I said they would play well and be the better team in the first leg can shut up though. So many bums here thought Ajax would get trashed 4-0 or something because they watched their last two games before the first leg. Take the L and stay quiet.

Leo_Messi

I'd be very disappointed if Ajax cannot eliminate Real Madrid tonight given to the circumstances.

They rested more than a week since the Dutch FA postponed their league game (that should've been played on last weekend). Which should greatly benefit their young squad.

On the other hand, Solari hasn't rotate the gala XI in RM's recent games. Today will be Real Madrid's 4th game in 10 days.

I don't understand why Solari was actually thinking with playing their gala XI against Levante and in the LaLiga El Clasico last weekend.

He's doing the exact same mistake Valverde did last season when we were eliminated from Champions League due to fatigue.

RM won't win the CL this season anyway so them going through or not matters little in the bigger picture.

Ajax won't have a chance of eliminating them. It's Ajax. An extremely young version moreover with everything this entails of naivity, childish mistakes, not being able to close games, erratic play, missing way too many chances at the biggest stage as in the first game that they should have won clearly but did not do so due to the above mentioned reasons.

It's an Ajax team that individually is nowhere near even this mediocre RM team. An Ajax team that is doing worse in the Eredivisie (a very mediocre league) than PSV.

No way is RM going out tonight. You will be in for a big disappointment if you expect them to win and eliminate RM away from home with 1-2 down.

Obviously I hope that you are wrong but don't count on it.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Real Madrid will go through with much difficulties, they will go through just like against Shalke.

Manchester United will win at Paris but not sure about going through.

With all their injured/suspended players ? If that is the case, PSG might aswell forfeit. Not saying it is an easy fixture or that it is already won but PSG would need to be very bad not to be able to get a draw against such a depleted side (8 to 10 missing players).

Rooting for Ajax tonight but fully expect them to concede goals. They'll show heart but Madrid will show them the experience matters. 2 - 0 Madrid.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

With all their injured/suspended players ? If that is the case, PSG might aswell forfeit. Not saying it is an easy fixture or that it is already won but PSG would need to be very bad not to be able to get a draw against such a depleted side (8 to 10 missing players).

Rooting for Ajax tonight but fully expect them to concede goals. They'll show heart but Madrid will show them the experience matters. 2 - 0 Madrid.

Madrid should be a lot less dangerous in set pieces without Ramos too, although they'll probably actually be better in defense without him. Nonetheless I think Ajax will score tonight, at least once. If they manage to score first, they could develop a real chance in the tie as well, with Madrid's toothless attack suddenly under pressure, and no Ramos to bail them out from set pieces as well, the pressure on them could become too great.

Last edited:

El Flaco

D06oDRMWsAA8cCi.jpg

D06n8RrWsAAWEz2.jpg

D06pI4nWwAE7e69.jpg

D06oEIbWoAA28lH.jpg

El Gato

Villarato!
Also hang on, Huntelaar plays for Ajax? How fucking poetic would it be for him to come on and score the winner? :lol:

serghei

Also hang on, Huntelaar plays for Ajax? How fucking poetic would it be for him to come on and score the winner? :lol:

Oh shut up will you, Ajax don't stand a chance. Just because you got schooled by Barca doesn't mean you won't still beat most teams left in CL.

Home of Barca Fans