Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 256

Thread: Vinicius Junior

  1. #1
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,333

    Vinicius Junior

    Let’s start the thread on a high.



    I should point out this is a Neymar-free zone. A “safe space” if you like.
    People are boring.

  2. #2
    SiempreBlaugrana
    KingMessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    13,984
    How cool is his name

    Not Vincent or Vinny, but Vinicius.

    QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Let’s start the thread on a high.



    I should point out this is a Neymar-free zone. A “safe space” if you like.
    I "love" this dribble.

    1. he gets the ball
    2. he has the ball for 10 seconds
    3. he is making several fancy tricks and is dribbling around 2 opponents
    4. he passes the ball to a teammate
    = when he passes a ball to a teammate, the ball is in a worse position THAN BEFORE a dribble

    In short: he did absolutely nothing useful for himself or a team during this 10 seconds except dribbling to please the fans and youtube viewers.

    Neymar will be proud.
    Coaches who want some actual end product=won't.

  4. #4
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,333
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Neymar will be proud.
    That’s your first strike. 2 more and you go to Wolfe’s naughty corner. May I remind you this thread is a “safe space” from this sort of foul language? Be a good boy and lighten up.
    People are boring.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,422
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    I "love" this dribble.

    1. he gets the ball
    2. he has the ball for 10 seconds
    3. he is making several fancy tricks and is dribbling around 2 opponents
    4. he passes the ball to a teammate
    = when he passes a ball to a teammate, the ball is in a worse position THAN BEFORE a dribble

    In short: he did absolutely nothing useful for himself or a team during this 10 seconds except dribbling to please the fans and youtube viewers.

    Neymar will be proud.
    Coaches who want some actual end product=won't.
    We need trigger-warnings for this, so [MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION] can read this thread safely.
    I suggest spoiler-tags named 'the n-word'

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    BigBarcaBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    How cool is his name

    Not Vincent or Vinny, but Vinicius.
    Is his christian name sid ?

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    I "love" this dribble.

    1. he gets the ball
    2. he has the ball for 10 seconds
    3. he is making several fancy tricks and is dribbling around 2 opponents
    4. he passes the ball to a teammate
    = when he passes a ball to a teammate, the ball is in a worse position THAN BEFORE a dribble

    In short: he did absolutely nothing useful for himself or a team during this 10 seconds except dribbling to please the fans and youtube viewers.

    Neymar will be proud.
    Coaches who want some actual end product=won't.
    To be fair he's forced the first guy to commit, and is now in space running at pace 1 on 1 against the second. (Assuming he receives the ball, that is.) Like passing dribbling doesn't always have to go forward to be progressive. ps - I've seen nothing of the player beyond this clip, and am making no comment on his quality or lack thereof. Just to clarify.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    9,615
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    I "love" this dribble.

    1. he gets the ball
    2. he has the ball for 10 seconds
    3. he is making several fancy tricks and is dribbling around 2 opponents
    4. he passes the ball to a teammate
    = when he passes a ball to a teammate, the ball is in a worse position THAN BEFORE a dribble

    In short: he did absolutely nothing useful for himself or a team during this 10 seconds except dribbling to please the fans and youtube viewers.

    Neymar will be proud.
    Coaches who want some actual end product=won't.

    I remember when everybody called CR a show pony, then everybody bitched and moaned when he dribbled less, even though his end product increased.
    Some people are never satisfied.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,981
    Is it just me or he reminds you of Neymar?

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Is it just me or he reminds you of Neymar?
    Robinho. Neymar knows how to play

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,765
    Quote Originally Posted by kattanib View Post
    Robinho. Neymar knows how to play

    Easy to say now. We'll see over the next few years

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    mesiesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    838
    Reminds me of Robinho too to be honest. But we can just judge after at least couple of months.

  13. #13
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Is it just me or he reminds you of Neymar?
    Wolfe's naughty count:
    - [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] -> 1
    - [MENTION=22463]Joan Laporta[/MENTION] -> 1
    People are boring.

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    5,220
    is he likely to be loaned out? way too early to comment much, he looks like most other young Brazil talents, could be a Ney-youknowwho or a Robinho

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    9,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    is he likely to be loaned out? way too early to comment much, he looks like most other young Brazil talents, could be a Ney-youknowwho or a Robinho
    Loaned out, that would be ridiculous.
    Sure, he is only a talent, but are we supposed to go into this season with basically no attackers?
    Its pretty clear at this point that we wont buy anyone good.

Tags for this Thread