Spanish Supercup

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
hCTs5EX3WjCMC5Jl3QE4Rw_96x96.png

Date: 12th of August 2019, 22:00CET

Venue: Tangier, Morocco

Icarium

Lifestealer
Should be treated as friendly. And continue to give chances to the youth and not rushing the returning players. We have this match and Boca Juniors match to prepare for the First Liga game.

EdmondDantes

I just saw that everyone that was missing so far will be back tomorrow. So not only Coutinho and Luis but Raki, Umtiti and the likes too.

I imagine it will be too soon for any of them to play much of a part in this one, but Messi, Pique, Busi, Alba & Dembele will definitely start.

soul24rage

Feels weird that we are playing in Morocco not in Spain

I would play this line up (4-3-3)

Mats--- Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba--- Rafinha, Busi, Arthur--- Malcolm, Messi, Roberto

We don't have anybody on that LW with Coutinho just arriving and Dembele is not going to be match fit in one week time. Put Dembele on the LW in the 2nd half.

I'm also tempted to put Miranda instead of Alba as I want to see how he does against a good team in a match of more importance than in pre-season

Last edited:

PhilS

It's unfortunate that this game will only allow 3 subs, as far as I know. Only the players from the U.S. tour should be fit enough for 90 minutes by next weekend, but it is essential that the internationals get game time before La Liga begins. Barca's play could deteriorate in the second half due to fatigue.

gasgas

..................Ter stgen
semedo..piqua....lenglet.......Alba
......................Busi...
.............Arthur.......Coutinho...
..Rafinha........Messi...Dembele

jairzinho

1700557_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Think this game might come too soon for Coutinho, Luis and some others.
I Don't think they've even started training as yet.

4-4-2 defending, 3-4-3 going forward.

FCBfan22

------------------MATS------------------
Semedo---Pique------Lenglet-----Alba
---------------Busquets----------------
--------Arthur----------Rafinha--------
Malcom--------Messi----------Dembele

Bob is suspended, so Rafinha in LCM.

soul24rage

------------------MATS------------------
Semedo---Pique------Lenglet-----Alba
---------------Busquets----------------
--------Arthur----------Rafinha--------
Malcom--------Messi----------Dembele

Bob is suspended, so Rafinha in LCM.

oh right totally forgot that bob was suspended. Then yeah I'll go with the line up you put on.

The WINNER of Supercopa NEVER won la liga in the following season. So if Barca win the Supercopa, Real madrid will be La liga Winner 2019

raki

Tricky game. Sevilla started the preseason earlier because of the EL playoffs. They already played 6 games.

PhilS

It will be good to see the international players finally get some pre-season action, and to see Vidal get his first playing time. With only this game and the Gamper available to get all the players who did not go to the U.S. ready for La Liga, Valverde will have to use both of these primarily to get the internationals into shape and work on integration of the new guys. These pre-season Cups are valuable because they mean more than pure exhibition games, so they do a better job getting the players ready. Getting slaughtered by RM last season in the two pre-season Cup games was so effective in waking up the Barca players that I almost wish that Sevilla does the same this year.

I'm sure that all the midfielders will be psyched to convince Valverde they should be regulars. The only midfielder that I think already has a regular starting position assured is Coutinho (assuming 4-4-2).

Home of Barca Fans