Spanish Supercup: Barca - Sevilla 2-1

serghei

This is my dream formation for this season for Camp Nou games. Would make every match a joy to watch.

1702275_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Variations could be Arthur for Coutinho, with Cou moved in front 3 instead of Dembele. Vidal or Rakitic instead of Arthur for a more defensive approach. Arthur - Busi - Rakitic/Vidal is a great solid midfield for away games against more serious teams.

If Vidal plays very well, he'll eat a good portion of Rakitic's minutes. Basically is a more aggresive and better version of Rakitic in most aspects. Arthuro Vidal was a starter midfielder under Pep. He can pass and can be good in combinations. He's not your average thug at all.

Messi should play on the right, but should have a lot of creative license to roam in the middle when he sees fit. Vidal would actually be great there because he could cover the right side well when Semedo goes up, which he will have to do a lot if Messi vacates that position to participate in midfield combinations. You need a high work rate player in Messi's midfield side. Vidal and Arthur seem very energetic and will not back away from covering a lot of ground. Both are better than Rakitic in this area. Both can do more than Rakitic on the ball as well imo. Rakitic himself will be sharper this season because he will not be overplayed at all.

It is very important to have Messi playing more advanced this season. We don't need him to drop too much now that we have effectively fixed the midfield. Have him moving less in terms of area to cover, but moving more often, and sharper. His burst speed needs to improve. I would like him to move more in a more restricted space. He doesn't have to get inside other players' space, because right now the mdifield is more than good enough to ensure natural good progression. He will need to be active in his own space, which should be right, center-right, or center based on how he sees the game.

Last edited:

serghei

These should be the average positions when Messi decides to go inside from the right.

1702276_FC_Barcelona.jpg

This is basically a variation of 2014-15 Barcelona. With Semedo having to up his game to come close to Alves' duties from that season (not the best, but still a pretty strong RB). And with Dembele having to come close with Neymar's role. This is a bit hard, as Neymar was a great weapon that season, but here Coutinho could help a lot, because he is overall a better fitter player than older Iniesta with more end product. So he could bring in more goals from that side and take away from Dembele's pressure, for having to provide goals from wide, which he hasn't done nearly well enough at Barca.

We are very well equipped in midfield now, we can surely play like that. Problem is the attacking trio is weaker. But the defense with Umtiti in it might be better than that year. Vidal / Arthuro could also bring more for our offensive game than Rakitic did in 2015.

We can play this way imo if we give effort and work as a team. We could also, like the 2015 team develop a counter game away from home. These tactics should work best on Camp Nou where usually we are more incisive and offensively a different beast.

Last edited:

eaman

Live on sky in the uk despite them losing la liga rights

****ing bollocks. I didn't know sky lost the rights. Terrible news. No tv channel in the Ireland or the uk have got them. Eleven sports got the rights but that is only an internet channel over here. Will have to stream it on some free channel now or watch a replay without knowing the score if the internet is too Buffery at the time. Not sure who's fault it is but I'm pissed off

Alik

Does anyone know where I can watch this match in India? What channel? Am on holidays here and the match is at 1:30 am :facepalm:

El Flaco

Does anyone know where I can watch this match in India? What channel? Am on holidays here and the match is at 1:30 am :facepalm:

From what I've read elsewhere, nobody will broadcas Copa del Rey and Supercopa de España in India.

And they aren't gonna show LaLiga this season either (for now at least).

El Gato

Villarato!
These should be the average positions when Messi decides to go inside from the right.

1702276_FC_Barcelona.jpg

This is basically a variation of 2014-15 Barcelona. With Semedo having to up his game to come close to Alves' duties from that season (not the best, but still a pretty strong RB). And with Dembele having to come close with Neymar's role. This is a bit hard, as Neymar was a great weapon that season, but here Coutinho could help a lot, because he is overall a better fitter player than older Iniesta with more end product. So he could bring in more goals from that side and take away from Dembele's pressure, for having to provide goals from wide, which he hasn't done nearly well enough at Barca.

Looks good in principle. Not sure if Dembele can work that flank, but shall see. I don't really see much of the guy, but seems like the type that should be getting on the end of crosses/passes rather than setting them up.

Trickykid

Looks good in principle. Not sure if Dembele can work that flank, but shall see. I don't really see much of the guy, but seems like the type that should be getting on the end of crosses/passes rather than setting them up.

Dembele? Nah, he's much more of a creater than a finisher, as I see it.

serghei

Dembele? Nah, he's much more of a creater than a finisher, as I see it.

He'll need to adapt because his role in this team should be to use his speed and get away from markers, in order to appear in dangerous positions. from where he can either beat a man or, if he is set up straight on goal, score.

Neymar did this thing to great effect in 2014-15.

KingLeo10

He'll need to adapt because his role in this team should be to use his speed and get away from markers, in order to appear in dangerous positions. from where he can either beat a man or, if he is set up straight on goal, score.

by far my favorite version of neymar and he was a more decisive goal threat than either of Messi or CR7 in CL that season.

that double at the allianz to ice the semi-final and that double v atletico at the calderon were eto'o tier killings.
too bad he became an unbearable clownshow after.

Trickykid

Sure, I Just don't know if he's that kind of player - or will be. Still young with plenty time to evolve of course.

Home of Barca Fans