Spanish Supercup: Barca - Sevilla 2-1

Pepe Silvia

It will be good to see the international players finally get some pre-season action, and to see Vidal get his first playing time. With only this game and the Gamper available to get all the players who did not go to the U.S. ready for La Liga, Valverde will have to use both of these primarily to get the internationals into shape and work on integration of the new guys. These pre-season Cups are valuable because they mean more than pure exhibition games, so they do a better job getting the players ready. Getting slaughtered by RM last season in the two pre-season Cup games was so effective in waking up the Barca players that I almost wish that Sevilla does the same this year.

I'm sure that all the midfielders will be psyched to convince Valverde they should be regulars. The only midfielder that I think already has a regular starting position assured is Coutinho (assuming 4-4-2).
we're winning everything this season. the motivation is almost palpable.

Arizona Scott

Dang, I didn't know they went from a 2 legged format.

This is a trophy, push to win.

I expect a relatively safe cushion in league with Atleti a distance 2nd and Madrid 3rd (though slim slim chance to have another "Invinicible" run)

So I would treat it as a La Liga match, and not like the criminal effort by the whole club at Levante.

EdmondDantes

It's the 11 that makes the most sense given how little training some of our World Cup lads have had.

It's says 4-3-3 but, couldn't it well be a 4-4-2 as well?

With Busi and Arthur holding; Dembele left, Rafinha wide right and Munir & Messi leading.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure we won't see Messi on the right flank. Maybe he will start there for 15mins. and move to center as usual.

xXKonan

Well in training and preseason so far Valverde has been sticking to the 4-3-3. We will likely defend in a 4-4-2 formation off the ball but in attack? we are probably going to see the 4-3-3 for most of the time I reckon with the 4-2-3-1 as well.

soul24rage

Mainly cuz of the reason of what you said of needing wingers vs Sevilla's back 3 and to test the MMD frontline to see how they do against a good side.
Plus Munir is going to be nothing more than a back up this season so I don't see what starting him will show us while Malcom might have the potential to start for us.

Joan

Mainly cuz of the reason of what you said of needing wingers vs Sevilla's back 3 and to test the MMD frontline to see how they do against a good side.
Plus Munir is going to be nothing more than a back up this season so I don't see what starting him will show us while Malcom might have the potential to start for us.

Yeah, sorry, I can't read. Thought you said you'd rather see Messi - Munir - Dembele front 3. Same goes for me, let's see how MMD works out.

Vilarrubi

2008/2009 - also, and then Barca 2009/2010 La Liga Winner.

Oh yeah :lol: I didn't even look that far back I just knew we had done it...

Also the guy I was replying to is a troll account.. mostly trolls Messi with Ronaldo taunts despite his name having "messi" in it

Home of Barca Fans