Team Formation and Tactics

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Assuming we get rid of all the deadwood (Paco, Gomes, Mina, Denis) and no more transfers in, this will be our squad for the season:

GK: ter Stegen, Cillesen
LB: Alba, Miranda
CB: Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet, Vermaelen
RB: Semedo, Roberto, (Wague)
CDM: Busi, (Oriol), Roberto, Rakitic
CM: Rakitic, Arthur, Vidal, Alena, Rafinha, Roberto, Coutinho, (Puig)
LW: Coutinho, Malcom, Dembele, Rafinha
CF: Messi, Munir, Suarez
RW: Malcom, Dembele, Rafinha

I highlighted the secondary positions of players with red colour. Thought whether to include Messi as an option for RW and decided not to as he does not play there anymore.

I would say this is a pretty great line-up. Lots of depth, lots of options off the bench with real pace and ability. We should definitely challenge for a CL title + La Liga, especially CL after Madrid's threepeat.

Last edited:

soul24rage

I would say this is a pretty great line-up. Lots of depth, lots of options off the bench with real pace and ability. We should definitely challenge for a CL title + La Liga, especially CL after Madrid's threepeat.

It's going to be kinda hard to make a squad of 18. I can only make a squad of 23 with Marlon, Cucu, Samper, Arnaiz and Paco all leaving either temporarily or forever. Underlined players are players who are in the 1st team squad but left out of the 18.

GK: Mats, Cillesen
RB: Semedo, Roberto
CDM: Busi, Rakitic
CM: Arthur, Vidal, Rafinha, Alena
RW: Dembele, Malcom
LW: Coutinho, Denis
CF: Messi, Suarez, Munir

raki

Assuming we get rid of all the deadwood (Paco, Gomes, Mina, Denis) and no more transfers in, this will be our squad for the season:

GK: ter Stegen, Cillesen
RB: Semedo, Roberto, (Wague)
CDM: Busi, (Oriol), Roberto, Rakitic
CM: Rakitic, Arthur, Vidal, Alena, Rafinha, Roberto, Coutinho, (Puig)
LW: Coutinho, Malcom, Dembele, Rafinha
CF: Messi, Munir, Suarez
RW: Malcom, Dembele, Rafinha

I highlighted the secondary positions of players with red colour. Thought whether to include Messi as an option for RW and decided not to as he does not play there anymore.

The best part is that we got 4 new great players+Rafinha+Munir+Miranda+Alena for free.

Sold - 125M
Bought 125M

And we still have 3-4 players which are sellable, maybe not Alcacer...

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Suarez Messi Dembele
Coutinho Busquets Vidal
Alba Umtiti Pique Seberto
ter Stegen

or

Suarez
Coutinho Messi Dembele
Vidal Busquets
ter Stegen

or

Suarez Messi
Coutinho Vidal Busquets Dembele
ter Stegen​

FinBarcelonafan

Only worry I have with these rosters, is Dembele good enough or willing to run back for defense? Messi and Suarez are walking, that's already a lot. Dembele needs to be tracking back like Neymar used to. Coutinho isn't known for being a great defensive midfielder either. I think our team might be too much balanced to offense. It looks good in paper but in reality don't know.

FC433

This would be my ideal starting 11 against average teams:

Coutinho Messi Dembele
Alena Busquets Arthur
Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo
Stegen

Kingkongkong

Malcolm Messi Dembele
Coutinho Rakitic(vidal?) Arthur
Alba Umtiti Lenglet Semedo
MATS

how do you guys think this starting 11 would do? Champions league title potential?

FCBfan22

Malcolm Messi Dembele
Coutinho Rakitic(vidal?) Arthur
Alba Umtiti Lenglet Semedo
MATS

how do you guys think this starting 11 would do? Champions league title potential?

We would need a scoring forward instead of Malcom. Then, we could potentially win it.

Calidad

It’d be nice if we could see how:

Busquets/Vidal—-Rakitic/Arthur
—————Coutinho
Malcom———Messi——Dembouz

would work out.

Give Coutinho license to roam.

MagIX

It’d be nice if we could see how:

Busquets/Vidal—-Rakitic/Arthur
—————Coutinho
Malcom———Messi——Dembouz

would work out.

Give Coutinho license to roam.

Yes, against not big team.

With this formation in CL, we are out once again shamefully....

Calidad

Yes, against not big team.

With this formation in CL, we are out once again shamefully....

What’s so unbalanced about playing a DM, CM + AM, with three forwards ahead of them?

Madrid, City, Bayern, Pool, Chelsea etc have similar set ups.

If anything, City post with even lesser defensive balance (Fernan + KDB as a CM two before)

MagIX

What’s so unbalanced about playing a DM, CM + AM, with three forwards ahead of them?

Madrid, City, Bayern, Pool, Chelsea etc have similar set ups.

If anything, City post with even lesser defensive balance (Fernan + KDB as a CM two before)

The other teams have different players than us, they play faster the they run more than us.
Our BIG problem is that our opponent use the same efficient tactics: park the bus, fast counterattack, crosses. The other team do not have this
problem because they have a tall CF and they have tall players (a good balance with tiny/tall/physically strong/ players): that means they can cross and avoid to play vs 11 players in the middle.
With Dembele. Messi, Coutinho and Malcom we can only go trough the middle.... against 11 defenders is not possible,
as we have seen in recent years... and last match vs Alves, a very weak team: you can imagine what happens if we play against a big team..
Defensivley Messi, Dembele, Coutinho and Malcom don't bring anything: tiny, physically weak, very bad headers. We will be killed in counterattack
and almsot at any cross.

Home of Barca Fans