Team Formation and Tactics

Donatello

I felt the need of having a thread where you could discuss the team's formations, tactics.

Plus, the option to talk about topics related to multiple players. Because, that usually gets noticed in only one player thread.

If anyone has any problems with this, feel free to delete it.

And, If there exists a thread already like this, please let me know.

Thanks..

Last edited:

Donatello

After all these transfers, what should be the ideal Barca lineup in your opinion?

Last edited:

Zidane82

I felt the need of having a thread where you could discuss the team's formations, tactics.

Plus, the option to talk about topics related to multiple players. Because, that usually gets noticed in only one player thread.

If anyone has any problems with this, feel free to delete it.
And, If there exists a thread already like this, please let me know.

Thanks..

Great idea !!

Wish the layout let us place them in formation though

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I like this idea

Too many posts that don't have a clear thread/topic to go in just get posted in the Valverde thread or in off topic discussions in player threads. This is a good way to bring it all together.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Particularly in away games in the CL I'd like something like this:

ter Stegen

Semedo - Pique - Umtiti - Alba

Vidal - Busquets

Dembele/Malcom - Messi - Coutinho

Suarez

or a 4-3-3 with

ter Stegen

Semedo - Pique - Umtiti - Alba

Vidal - Busquets - Coutinho

Dembele/Malcom - Messi - Suarez

The 4-4-2 would be a BAD idea.

1. Lack of width and

2. Players being played out of position.

Rakitic is NOT a RM. Vidal is NOT a RM. Coutinho is NOT a LM. Dembele or Malcom's abilities are NOT utilized properly as RMs. Our best games in the CL last season were at home vs Juve where we won 3-0 and played with a 4-3-3 and at home vs Chelsea with a system also resembling more to the effect of a 4-3-3 than a 4-4-2 with Suarez playing slightly wider.

The 4-4-2 is not some magical system that will make us dominant in European competitions and I hope Valverde realized that after the clusterfuck it proved to be in the CL.

Barca need to play a more dynamic way and the 4-4-2 the way Valverde likes it, whether it's a diamond or with wide midfielders is as conservative as it gets.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]

Perhaps it would be a good idea to sticky this thread so there's order in the player section

Joan

Good idea. Should sticky the thread though. Feels weird seeing it as if it was one of our players. :lol:

edit: Don was faster.

Home of Barca Fans