RB: Semedo, Bob
CB: Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet, Vermaelen
LB: Alba, Miranda
DM: Rakitic, Busi, Samper
CM: Arthur, Vidal, Rafinha, Alena
RM: Dembele, Malcom
LM: Coutinho, Denis
FW: Messi, Suarez, Munir

Squad looks pretty good. Underlined red players are players who are probably not going to make the match day squad of 18 (Rafinha is prob going to leave so I underlined him too). Just wish that we had a back up striker that offers something different than what Munir offers. But all things considered, I'm satisfied with the squad. We just need EV to make the right play.

Toecrusher

Analysis used by all Red Bull teams to assess verticality of passing. Its a trait they emphasise, and an interesting way to measure it.

Wonder what it would look like for Barca.

Capture.JPG

khaled_a_d

I've been a huge fan for 433 for over 13 years now and for me it is the way to go,like almost all the time whether for Barca, my NT, playing PES/FIFA or even score match.

But right now I am starting to feel we are unfortunately better with 433.

Defense looked better, sure we conceded 2 goals but 1 from a lucky shot and the other was from our worst position (RB) and that will likely happen with the players we have in any formation.
But then we have a team more intact and playing closer to each other, less spaces mean better Busquets and Rakitic, better Pique too. Messi, Suarez & Coutinho had the freedom they needed with their movement which is helpful. Sort of what we had with MSN a bit.

It is still too early, and such formation still kills our right side and team will again adapt and try us to play slower like last season (or we just self destruct and play slower) but 442 should be given more consideration. We have many flaws and it just hide more of them than 433

henias

W72g2ZX.jpg

3-4-3 - Coutinho 10, Messi False 9

I would like to see Coutinho as a number 10 CAM role, instead of a CM or LW. I think would suit him the best as he can roam in those half spaces, and pick out passes. When Messi drops deep, he can venture forward. A very versatile role for him.

rLu89ej.jpg

4-3-3 - Suarez LWF(Villa role) Messi False 9

My best lineup as said at the start of this season. Alba will be aiding Suarez in maintaining width, and creating plays. This a 433, Alba being active on the flank for illustration purposes. Semedo will assume the Abidal role which has worked well.

Not a fan of Messi being on the RW, or worse being a CAM, a central outlet all the time.

Givenchy

trying to come up with a line-up that can include our main stars is really hard.. i can get a nice midfield with Coutinho working in it but the wing play would have to go, likewise if i want to play Dembele and Messi, Coutinho has no place in the lineup

---------------MaTS
Semedo-De Ligt-Umtiti-Alba
---------------Busi
--------Frankie*-Arthur
--Dembele-Messi-Villa/Pedro type LW, might not be the most pacey but can finish, i think Leo would have a field day with assists and Alba on the overlap

*it does seem we'll miss out on Frankie, such a shame as i believe over the next few years we could mold him into Busi's replacement when the time comes.

Home of Barca Fans