User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51

Thread: Team Formation and Tactics

  1. #16
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,293
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how to change the name though??

  2. #17
    Nosce te ipsum
    Sultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    how to change the name though??
    I think Admins can help with that.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,986
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think you can. Mods will take care of it.

    Don't mind this name myself either.

  4. #19
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,293
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,945
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #21
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,293
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Good idea. Should sticky the thread though. Feels weird seeing it as if it was one of our players.

    edit: Don was faster.
    +1 for making it sticky.

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,986
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, while I like how discussions go offtopic on this board covering wide topics, it's good to have a thread. Particularly to discuss some tactical views during the season. For now, I can tell we've got a quality squad, if our signings don't flop, and wonder what Valverde might come up with.

    However, good rotation policy is a must. Messi and Suarez have to be fresh for big matches. Don't think fit, rested Suarez will walk on the pitch and abandon pressing. Thus, I believe both will be able to play winde every now and then. Like Luis did vs. Sevilla.

    Here's what I hope for:

    Dembele - Suarez - Messi
    Coutinho - Busquets - Vidal
    Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo/Roberto

    (1) Suarez should press (2) Messi should be more mobile, not drifting centrally all the time but cutting in from the right (pressing would be appreciated, ffs, it's CL) (3) Vidal could cover for him

    Also

    Suarez
    Cout - Messi - Malcom
    Raki/Busq - Vidal
    Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo/Roberto

    Tons of options.

    Dembele Suki/Messi Malcom

    Suki - Messi - Malcom/Dembele

    And so on.

  8. #23
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Joan Laporta That 4-3-3 is an ideal scenario. Although i m generally optimistic, i dont s see "Messi on the wing" happening. I hope i m wrong and if i m, i don t see a team in Europe who
    can match us. Absurdly lethal.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,945
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Now, while I like how discussions go offtopic on this board covering wide topics, it's good to have a thread. Particularly to discuss some tactical views during the season. For now, I can tell we've got a quality squad, if our signings don't flop, and wonder what Valverde might come up with.

    However, good rotation policy is a must. Messi and Suarez have to be fresh for big matches. Don't think fit, rested Suarez will walk on the pitch and abandon pressing. Thus, I believe both will be able to play winde every now and then. Like Luis did vs. Sevilla.

    Here's what I hope for:

    Dembele - Suarez - Messi
    Coutinho - Busquets - Vidal
    Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo/Roberto

    (1) Suarez should press (2) Messi should be more mobile, not drifting centrally all the time but cutting in from the right (pressing would be appreciated, ffs, it's CL) (3) Vidal could cover for him

    Also

    Suarez
    Cout - Messi - Malcom
    Raki/Busq - Vidal
    Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo/Roberto

    Tons of options.

    Dembele Suki/Messi Malcom

    Suki - Messi - Malcom/Dembele

    And so on.
    That 4-3-3 is exactly what I would like to see, Vidal doing the defensive work on that right side.. and i'd deffo have Semedo over Roberto

  10. #25
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tons of options with this squad, I expect the formations to various and flexible. I think where they play will be determined mainly by who is on the field, the state of the match, how the opponents set up. Whatever you call the formation, Busquets will spend a lot of time helping out the CBs, and Messi will roam widely. Future stars like Arthur and Malcolm are going to be put into lots of games, wreaking havoc at multiple positions.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,986
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judoman View Post
    @Joan Laporta That 4-3-3 is an ideal scenario. Although i m generally optimistic, i dont s see "Messi on the wing" happening. I hope i m wrong and if i m, i don t see a team in Europe who
    can match us. Absurdly lethal.
    Yeah, I'm not confident but can't see a better option myself. Damn, Messi, it can't always be comfortable. At least in the CL big matches. This would be lethal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    That 4-3-3 is exactly what I would like to see, Vidal doing the defensive work on that right side.. and i'd deffo have Semedo over Roberto
    If Semedo keeps it up like this preseason, he'll cement a spot. Overlapping runs on the right are exactly what we need with Messi there. Needs to work on his end product though, final pass.

    Exciting.
    Last edited by Joan; 4th August 2018 at 02:49 PM.

  12. #27
    Member
    Ken_rosseneri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018/2019
    i don't think i've been as excited about our squad as i am with this one..sooo many options.. really
    ROTATION IS A MUST.. DEFINITELY..
    I think we'll toggle b/w 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1...we need to forget the 4-4-2.. he's had the entire summer to get a great squad and up his tactics game
    I also think the arrival of Vidal more or less pushes Coutinho to LW.. While i think he'll excel there i don't think he has the pace to excel there...

    ALSO THIS IS A MUST ---> BARCA MUST PLAY BEAUTIFUL FOOTBALL..Damn i miss this...No more mid-table/lesser teams outplaying us.. That's a NO NO
    I believe the world cup also taught Valverde that Rakitic is not a RM and he can play as a DM..

    However, i want this to be my starting line-up

    1st line-up
    --------Suarez
    Cout - Messi - Malcom
    -----Busq - vidal
    Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo

    2nd starting line up

    -Dembele-messi-Malcom
    ---coutinho----Arthur
    -----------Busq
    Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo

    Games where Busquet can rest we can play 4141


    --------------Messi
    Malcom--Arthur--Rakitic--Dembele
    --------------Vidal
    --Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Roberto

    SO MANY OPTIONS, FORMATIONS... Valverde MUST GO all out this season!!
    Last edited by Ken_rosseneri; 6th August 2018 at 05:41 AM.

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    mesiesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    758
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that in big games (classico, AM, CL play-offs) our squad will be pretty much the same as in last year with Vidal taking the only remaining spot. Maybe Semedo can take RB spot from Roberto, that's up to him.

    Coutinho - Suarez - Messi
    Vidal - Busquets - Rakitic
    Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Roberto
    MATS

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,227
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Training today:

    Red bibs:

    -----------------Mats------------------
    Semedo----Pique----Lenglet----Alba
    ---------------Busquets---------------
    -------Arthur-----------Rafinha-------
    Dembele--------Messi----------Munir


    Supercopa starting 11?

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,227
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No bibs team:

    ------------------Cillesen----------------
    Roberto--Vermaelen--Umtiti--Miranda
    Rakitić------Vidal----Puig-----Coutinho
    ----------Malcolm------Suarez----------

    Bob still playing RB.