xXKonan

_102678308_richarlison-main.jpg

Full name: Richarlison de Andrade

Date of birth: May 10, 1997

Place of birth: Nova Venécia, Brazil

Height: 1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)

Playing position: Winger/Forward

Current Club: Everton F.C​

Born in Nova Venécia, Brazil Richarlison joined América Mineiro's youth setup in December 2014, from Real Noroeste. In June of the following year he was promoted to the first team by manager Givanildo Oliveira

A year later he would move to Fluminense signing a six year contract with the Club. In the little time he was in Fluminese he would make a name for himself and attracted interest from a number of clubs including Ajax but despite Ajax's best efforts he would join Watford on August 2017 where he would have a bright start to his EPL career with the Hornets.

Despite just spending one season with Watford, he would later be sold to Everton for a fee that ranges from 35 Million pounds which could rise to 50 Million. While we aren't linked with him, thought it would be interesting to create a topic on him as he's in the same age group such as other Brazilian Wingers such as David Neres and Malcom.

EdmondDantes

Watch this space.

There's shades of Suarez with a bit of Henry about this lad. Only 21 and tearing it up in England.

[youtube]ImPh2fYy5WI[/youtube]

Last edited:

Jombi

In this awful striker market, he should definitely be one of our striker alternatives if Suarez is replaced in the summer.

BBZ8800

In this awful striker market, he should definitely be one of our striker alternatives if Suarez is replaced in the summer.

He scored 30 senior goals in his career in top divisions.
Doesn't that sound waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too risky for a club called Fc Barcelona?

I know that you don't like history, but name the last young forward who was a success at Barca.

I would personally always rather buy an ACTUAL CF, who played his whole career as a CF and is somewhat proven on a biggest stage.
We can gamble with young CBs, fullbacks, defensive midfielders and similar.
Attackers should be proven guys.

Jombi

Doesn't that sound waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too risky for a club called Fc Barcelona?

I know that you don't like history, but name the last young forward who was a success at Barca.

I would personally always rather buy an ACTUAL CF, who played his whole career as a CF and is somewhat proven on a biggest stage.

Yes, you want your extremely expensive and unavailable superstars. Ibrahimovic type of transfers are definitely gambles no matter how proven they might be.

The reality is that we have a lot of signings to make and money is short, and in this awful market I dont see the point in splashing huge amounts instead of low risk, high reward options. Playing CF for Barcelona and CF for most other teams is also very different. A so-called proven donkey up front who has played his whole career as a tap-in king is not the solution for a team like Barcelona either. And plenty of "actual CFs" are precisely in that category.

Last edited:

Joan

Richarlison is far from a 'low risk high reward' transfer. Everton bought him for 50 mil, they're not selling for less than that, that's for sure.

Trickykid

Yes, you want your extremely expensive and unavailable superstars. Ibrahimovic type of transfers are definitely gambles no matter how proven they might be.

The reality is that we have a lot of signings to make and money is short, and in this awful market I dont see the point in splashing huge amounts instead of low risk, high reward options. Playing CF for Barcelona and CF for most other teams is also very different. A so-called proven donkey up front who has played his whole career as a tap-in king is not the solution for a team like Barcelona either. And plenty of "actual CFs" are precisely in that category.

I definately wouldn't mind someone like Richarlison (from what little I've seen of him, he looks like a quality striker in the making), but I think you underestimate how expensive a young guy tearing it up in the EPL will be. If he continues like this, the EPL top will be all over him come summer, and will in no way or shape be a low risk transfer.

Jombi

Richarlison is far from a 'low risk high reward' transfer. Everton bought him for 50 mil, they're not selling for less than that, that's for sure.

It all depends on how well he performs going forward. I agree, he'll definitely be at the higher end of the low risk high reward scale since he plays for a pretty rich club in a rich league, but he should definitely be available for us, and we're not talking a gazillion Harry Kane euros either.

By the logic of some, we shouldnt have signed Mbappe either. Too young, too few senior games, too few goals scored in his career, not played his whole career as CF etc etc. Its silly to judge players based on this.

I definately wouldn't mind someone like Richarlison (from what little I've seen of him, he looks like a quality striker in the making), but I think you underestimate how expensive a young guy tearing it up in the EPL will be. If he continues like this, the EPL top will be all over him come summer, and will in no way or shape be a low risk transfer.

If he scores 25+ goals in the PL come the end of the season, obviously that alternative flies out of the window.

Then its another bidding war with giants.

He has to maybe play some games in other positions and also get a few injuries for example and then his price might be acceptable in the summer and worth the risk in terms of the reward we might get out of it.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I like him. He's still a bit raw and his finishing can be inconsistent but he has a high ceiling.

If he improves we could throw Gomes into the mix and add another 25-30 million.

Givenchy

he'll end up the next 100mil+ player

Everton paid 50mil at this early stage and in a few years Barca, Madrid, PSG, City, Chelsea, maybe even Juve.. basically Europes elite will be fighting for him

Porque

Worth keeping an eye on, but I feel that many would have rated Malcom above him before the start of the season so watch this space now that he is going to get his chance.

khaled_a_d

We are most likely going to splash big money on our striker, Richarlison will either prove himself consistently this year and cost 100M+ or prove to be a risk and still cost 70M or something.
He is surely a player to keep an eye onto, but I doubt he is going to be a bargain deal by any measure.

Jombi

We are most likely going to splash big money on our striker, Richarlison will either prove himself consistently this year and cost 100M+ or prove to be a risk and still cost 70M or something.
He is surely a player to keep an eye onto, but I doubt he is going to be a bargain deal by any measure.

I am just curious, who are we going to splash big money on? The market is dreadful. Its a terrible time to splash money. 70m euros for a striker is low in next summer's market IMO, especially since we also need to reinforce other aspects of the team. Splashing huge amounts on a superstar striker (who?) severely limits what we can spend on other areas of our team.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

I'm not sure about Jombi but I was thinking more 2 or 3 years down the line because I don't think we will realistically be replacing Suarez next summer or even the one after given how much Valverde rates him and how he's been playing.

Hence I don't think Firmino will be adequate, since he's 27 now and will be about 29 by the time we need someone to replace Luis. Whereas Richarlison will, by then, have played 4 seasons in the Premier League, 3 of which as a number 9. He's not the most gracious or technical player, just like Suarez, but they're both fearless, hard-working, cold-blooded killers. I don't know if Richarlison has that genius in him that made Suarez the best striker in the world in his prime but he does have the blistering speed that Luis never had.

I'm thinking it's either him or Lautaro Martinez, if we're looking for a quality young striker good enough to play for us in 2 years' time.

Kane is world-class but he's a Real Madrid striker. He's the type of player whole qualities require you to set up the entire team to play for him, and we can't do that since we have Messi.

-

P.S. just as I was looking forward to watching him play Chelsea tomorrow, it seems he's injured and faces a late fitness test before the match. I'll still watch it to see Gomes and Mina anyway.

Home of Barca Fans