Richarlison

BBZ8800

And Richarlison was scoring a better goal per minute than Griezmann in the league this season (btw, Richardson goal per minute much better than Gerry D in the EPL). Have you seen a lot of Richarlison as I would of thought he would be a player you would stylistically like.

This was Griezmann's worst scoring season.
League goals:
2019: 15
2018: 19
2017: 16
2016: 22
2015: 22

He scored 94 league goals, 27 goals in a CL/EL and 29 goals for an Nt team, all of that in the last 5 years.
That is 150 goals on the highest level in the last 5 years.

Richarlison scored 27 goals in his whole career.

I am personally slightly tired of midfielders who can't create, fullbacks who can't make an assist and now even attackers who can't score.

I love players who are allrounders.
That is a tendency and where the football is evolving.

But a midfielder needs to be a good passer FIRST and only THEN defender and scorer.
An attacker needs to be a scorer and only THEN defender, hard worker and a creator.

We have too many players lately who are bad or meh in their main required skill for that position, but are good in secondary skills.

clemente

League goals:

He scored 94 league goals, 27 goals in a CL/EL and 29 goals for an Nt team, all of that in the last 5 years.

I am personally slightly tired of midfielders who can't create, fullbacks who can't make an assist and now even attackers who can't score.

But a midfielder needs to be a good passer FIRST and only THEN defender and scorer.
An attacker needs to be a scorer and only THEN defender, hard worker and a creator.

We have too many players lately who are bad or meh in their main required skill for that position, but are good in secondary skills.

What a troll, literally on puprose trying to set himself up for someone to drop Firmino statistics.

Porque

League goals:

I agree with what your saying. I was just pointing out that in Richarlson's first season as a forward in a tier II EPL side, that he put up better numbers than Griezmann did this season. So the goals per minute played was quite good for his past season.

We will need to see if Richarlison can be a consistent goal threat just has Griezmann has been from being moved from out wide in his Sociedad days, or how Henry was successfully converted from a sideman to a forward.

For what it is worth, I am not making this a Griezmann versus Richarlison debate or suggesting we should attempt to buy Richarlison this summer (My pick is to get Griezmann and a proper plan B in Maxi Gomez), but we should definitely consider Richarlison for next season if he can continue his goalscoring at Everton. Especially as he has versatility to play with.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

I think Richarlison can be an interesting option. He is right footed and formally a left winger, so can take minutes on our AML. I liked Jovic more, but Richarlison has more to his game which seems a Barcelona forward necessity.

I see it like you do. Richarlison can be a beast for opposing defenses to contend with (by far the most difficult Everton player to prepare for) and also works hard and effectively for his team to win back possession. Lots of promise. That said if we got AG I think he can wait at least a year while we see if he continues to progress vs alternatives and get a better read if Dembele is a keeper and other roster decisions (Coutinho, Malcom, etc).

Arizona Scott

What a troll, literally on puprose trying to set himself up for someone to drop Firmino statistics.

How is he being a troll and what does Firmino have to do with this? Sure look like if anyone is trolling in this thread it is you. He is not possible to attain with the Liverpool clause so it would make sense to use his statistics because of it.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

How the **** Everton turns this down? Are they insane? We are throwing 100 million to some Richarlison.. He is okay, but 100 mil? WTF

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How the **** Everton turns this down? Are they insane? We are throwing 100 million to some Richarlison.. He is okay, but 100 mil? WTF

Probably because it's fake.

1. Barca don't have the money, otherwise Lautaro would already be a Barca player
2. We already have three Non-EU players in Arthur, Neto and Vidal

Home of Barca Fans