Richarlison

Leo_Messi

Scores again for Brazil.

Starting to think he could potentially be the answer to Brazil's answer to the #9 spot even ahead of Gabriel Jesus if he keeps it going. Seems to have more ferociousness to him than Jesus does.

Him featuring for the senior team (Brazil) and scoring goals and performing well is a big step forward in his career and makes him a more interesting target by default.

Or the substitute of Luis Suárez. Exciting player profile and potential. I like attackers (your traditional number 9) who are versatile and who are more or less the "full package" meaning that they have a wide range of strengths such as goalscoring ability, technique, pace, physical strength etc. I know that Richarlison is more versatile than the likes of Suárez, Icardi etc. (not your pure number 9) but nevertheless.

Richarlison seems like such a player. Time will tell if his talent is big enough to reach the very top level.

Him being a Brazilian would fit into our long list of successful and unrivaled (by any club) Brazilian superstar attackers at the club. The board has also stuck a quite close relationship with Everton (Deulofeu, Mina, Digne and Gomes) so it would not surprise me if we could get some kind of "preferential" treatment down the line. It's also our turn to actually buy a player from Everton.:lol:

I am not saying that he should become our primary target once Suárez leaves/declines further but that he should definitely be a player to closely monitor. I also prefer the finished article in case Suárez needs to be replaced but if a younger option with a potentially bigger potenital can be bought for the same or a smaller fee, the decision should not be as straightforward.

I for once much prefer Richarlison's player profile than the more static and limited "Icardi type of player". The first option has always (historically and more recently) worked much better for us.

Not many truly promising young attackers out there.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

how u figure

Him being a talented and young Brazilian attacker goes a long way.

If not for Richarlison playing in the EPL and for Everton, he might have been our ideal/favorite attacker to buy already. He has that "garra" aura about him much like Luis Suárez and many of the same strengths of a young Luis Suárez.

Messi983

Do people see Richarlison scoring 30-40 goals/season which would be needed if he's brought as a future #9?

I like him as a player and we could use someone capable of playing as a winger/striker as long as we have Suarez still here but I don't see Richarlison as his longterm replacement. He would also be expensive. Everton paid around 50M so I doubt they would sell for less than 100M. We could include Gomes and possibly Malcom (they were interested in him) in a deal to lower his price though.

Havesaks

Him being a talented and young Brazilian attacker goes a long way.

If not for Richarlison playing in the EPL and for Everton, he might have been our ideal/favorite attacker to buy already. He has that "garra" aura about him much like Luis Suárez and many of the same strengths of a young Luis Suárez.

Whats the "garra" aura? :)

Okay, you sound pretty confident, that sounds really good. I havent watched him at all, but he is the leading everton goalscorer and only 21 years of age, so thats pretty good. How is he as a player? Personally i would like a player with brazialian playing traits in stead of the likes of Jovic and Werner, who both look really good but they dont have the south american traits i want in out barcelona team.

Having Gomes - and yeah even Malcom asMessi983 says- may make a transfer easier. But is he really an option, because i havent seen one rumour about him and us.

Yashar1899

He is better than all young forwards who are rumored with us and ofcourse i dont speack about Firmino or Kane or Mbappe.

Leo_Messi

Whats the "garra" aura? :)

Okay, you sound pretty confident, that sounds really good. I havent watched him at all, but he is the leading everton goalscorer and only 21 years of age, so thats pretty good. How is he as a player? Personally i would like a player with brazialian playing traits in stead of the likes of Jovic and Werner, who both look really good but they dont have the south american traits i want in out barcelona team.

Having Gomes - and yeah even Malcom asMessi983 says- may make a transfer easier. But is he really an option, because i havent seen one rumour about him and us.

A Spanish word for enthusiasm, passion and spirit. Something that was given a lot of importance to players in Spain back in the day but is more of a South American trait nowadays. Often said about players who show those characteristics on the field. Players who give it all in other words. Players like Puyol, Vidal, Suárez etc. My favorite type of players actually.

I can't claim to have watched that many Everton games at all but every time that I have watched them Richarlison has looked quite good or at least promising. I just like his attributes as a player. Similar to me liking Lozano from PSV.

If the board and future manager is looking for an attacker who can play centrally and on the right, Richarlison is probably the best option currently given his current level and potential.

That he won't come cheap is another thing. He is not the finished article either so he won't be able to replace Suárez overnight but I prefer him or a similar option (up and coming talented and versatile striker/attacker) over the likes of Icardi who other than goalscoring is a very limited player and not your traditional Barça attacker at all.

Xavinho

If the board and future manager is looking for an attacker who can play centrally and on the right, Richarlison is probably the best option currently given his current level and potential.
I don't remember ever seeing him play on the right for Watford or Everton. When I've seen him he was always up front, tucked in behind a center forward, or most commonly out on the left. I guess he could play on the right, but so much of his game seems to be about finding space on the left and then cutting inside to shoot with his right foot. I haven't watched him that much though to be fair.

Riordon

A Spanish word for enthusiasm, passion and spirit. Something that was given a lot of importance to players in Spain back in the day but is more of a South American trait nowadays. Often said about players who show those characteristics on the field. Players who give it all in other words. Players like Puyol, Vidal, Suárez etc. My favorite type of players actually.

I can't claim to have watched that many Everton games at all but every time that I have watched them Richarlison has looked quite good or at least promising. I just like his attributes as a player. Similar to me liking Lozano from PSV.

That he won't come cheap is another thing. He is not the finished article either so he won't be able to replace Suárez overnight but I prefer him or a similar option (up and coming talented and versatile striker/attacker) over the likes of Icardi who other than goalscoring is a very limited player and not your traditional Barça attacker at all.

Let’s have your scouting report on Joao Felix mate.

Adversus

I don't remember ever seeing him play on the right for Watford or Everton. When I've seen him he was always up front, tucked in behind a center forward, or most commonly out on the left. I guess he could play on the right, but so much of his game seems to be about finding space on the left and then cutting inside to shoot with his right foot. I haven't watched him that much though to be fair.
You are pretty spot on. I don't think he has played once for us on the right. We currently have Bernard and Lookman who both prefer the left and it is always them that has to make way to give Richarlison back his place if Silva withdraws him from the CF position.

btw It's bit early to be talking about Barca. He's only 21 and his game is still a little raw.

Leo_Messi

That is because he never has. I obviously meant on the left as he is a right footer. My fault.

Let’s have your scouting report on Joao Felix mate.

Looks special. Fans of Benfica rate him very highly as do opponents (Sporting and Porto) fans as well. Looks like a hybrid between a 9 and 10. Only watched him against Sporting where he scored 2 goals. Can't say more than that.

xXKonan

[tw]1110584519726374917[/tw]

According to Moises Llorens, Richarlison is on our shortlist for possibly striker options.

Home of Barca Fans