La Liga 2018/19

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
I'd be okay with that as long as the scheduling is not fucked up and allows both teams to get some appropriate amount of rest before their next game.

Seems to be the only worry with European Supercup and SuperCopa fixtures blatantly in the way.

On the whole, I don't mind this. There are massive football fanbases in the USA. People are looking for the way out of NFL for their kids due to concerns with concussions etc so capitalising on that and nurturing the sport in the country that obviously would be happy to host some of the biggest clubs for 1 or 2 games per season...

The problem naturally is the precedent and ethics. Has any league done this other than the NBA comparison that was brought up already? Don't think so. The reception is the one of fear, which is quite natural, but on the face of it, I think Spaniards are too traditional to let them have any more than that. But then again, they are greedy...

Devils

Players association filed a complaint over the decision:

[tw]1030094059711414274[/tw]

Not sure if I am a fan of this. The season is busy and straining enough as it is. I don't like the idea of travelling overseas for these promotion matches.

El Gato

Villarato!
Not sure if I am a fan of this. The season is busy and straining enough as it is. I don't like the idea of travelling overseas for these promotion matches.

Right, lol. Best not go to Abu Dhabi for a random mid-season/New Year's friendly then eh?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is batshit crazy. Clubs are moving away from their fans.

If you meant the local fans, they did so a long time ago, in a way. When clubs decided to expand their fanbase and broaden their influence and flew out of the country to attract foreign fans...

El Gato

Villarato!
If you meant the local fans, they did so a long time ago, in a way. When clubs decided to expand their fanbase and broaden their influence and flew out of the country to attract foreign fans...
[MENTION=19371]Yannik[/MENTION] is German. Nobody hates corpo-meddling in football than the German fans.

Catta

Why must it be a league match, put the supercopa and the copa final to play in the US, that would be much better for all clubs.

RMU ReBorn

No way that will happen as either Barca or Real Madrid lose home advantage in a league where such games can end up matter a lot.
In classicos we sucks in Camp Nou for past few years and always dominate matches in Bernabue. I don't mind shifting our home game to a nuetral venue . We do have home advantage against most teams ,but not against Real .

Yannik

[MENTION=19371]Yannik[/MENTION] is German. Nobody hates corpo-meddling in football than the German fans.

Oh absolutely. They start off with 1 game, and once people stop being mad in 3 years it'll be 5 games and additional bullshit.

Gnidrologist

Forgive me for being lazy, but i just read some ridiculous shit about selected la liga matches being played in USA as per some sort of deal.
Is this true?
If yes, who was authorized to make such shit deal. Looks like there is need for a guy who would make spanish football federation great again.

Home of Barca Fans