La Liga 2018/19

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

serghei

According to you, who had a squad to win the CL last season?

And who has a squad to win the CL this season?

This whole discussion is pointless when the CL final has been played between the 4th placed team in England and the 3rd placed team in Spain. For me, it's hilarious to suggest Liverpool has a better squad than Barcelona. Ridiculous.

There are 5-6 teams who have good enough squads and teams to win the CL. Very often is the coaching and planning that makes the difference.

El Gato

Villarato!
This whole discussion is pointless when the CL final has been played between the 4th placed team in England and the 3rd placed team in Spain. For me, it's hilarious to suggest Liverpool has a better squad than Barcelona. Ridiculous.

Too funny to read you get high and mighty playing up the strength of best league in the world and how Barca "walked it" in one thread, say they only did so because of Madrid having a shit season in another when discussing Valverde being a shit coach, and then come here acting like a 4th placed Premiership team is a waste of space in comparison just because they're 4th. This weasely, oily and grubby set of contradicting viewpoints should be stickied somewhere on display I swear.

Joan

Espanyol second :lol: if Catalonia declared independence, two top La Liga teams would leave the league.

serghei

Too funny to read you get high and mighty playing up the strength of best league in the world and how Barca "walked it" in one thread, say they only did so because of Madrid having a shit season in another when discussing Valverde being a shit coach, and then come here acting like a 4th placed Premiership team is a waste of space in comparison just because they're 4th. This weasely, oily and grubby set of contradicting viewpoints should be stickied somewhere on display I swear.

I can see why you'd think it's contradictory. It's not. I've always said Barcelona have a great squad. I blame Valverde for what happened in CL mostly, what happens with youth development under him and things like that.

Madrid being shit in La Liga is not enough if you don't win the games. And we did last season. I also gave Valverde credit for it numerous times. I've said Valverde's first season had 2 sides. A good side, and a bad side. It's obvious what was the good side, and what was the bad side.

Who said Liverpool is a waste of space? I only said we have a better squad than them, and that's what most fans who know what they're talking about would agree with. I like Liverpool and Klopp is one of my favorite managers.

Let me make a summary of most of my claims:

Barcelona have great players and a top squad who has been poorly managed for years by managers who are far from the required level in CL.
Last season Valverde had it easy in the league, with almost no pressure on him due to main rival being all over the place.
Teams with lesser players than Barcelona have been playing better in CL due to better coaching and planning first and foremost.
Valverde failed to achieve 1 of the 2 big objectives of the team in his first season, and also failed at most other objectives. He got steady results in La Liga and won a Copa. That's about it. Everything else almost, from quality of play, trusting La Masia, rejuvenating the team and developing the young players, he's been underwhelming at most of these things.

Everything I've said can be tied to one of those statements almost.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good. I want to see Barca play at Montilivi in the real Catalan Derby. Great atmosphere there.

Vahue

Valladolid equalize against Espanyol in the 92nd minute. Nice free kick although I'm not sure what the goalkeeper was doing.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Betis are really shit compared to last season.
Their squad is weirdly enough better now as well.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Betis are really shit compared to last season.
Their squad is weirdly enough better now as well.

I really believe it is due to Setien's weird obsession with 3 CB tactics. Sacrificing one attacking player for another CB with the offensive power they have in the squad just seems irrational to me.

Home of Barca Fans