La Liga 2018/19

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

KingLeo10

madrid fans thinking we'll slip up in liga under messi is like barca fans thinking real will slip up in CL under dark lord zidane. :lol::lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
You count those friendlies in Supercopa too? :lol: It figures, you gotta take what you can these days...

Sure. You reckon all these world-class players tried any less? Interesting.

It was good fun. With a very good happy ending for us. In those games and at the end of season.

serghei

Sure. You reckon all these world-class players tried any less? Interesting.

It was good fun. With a very good happy ending for us. In those games and at the end of season.

I reckon they tried about as hard as in Miami. Oops. We won that friendly. 2-1 in friendlies for Madrid.

3 times in the last 4 years Supercopa should've been a Barca open training.

Cule4life

The Culest
Wolfe getting cocky after winning against a pathetic (even by their own standards) Pathetico. I'll be there in the front row with popcorn when he get's the inevitable reality check.

El Gato

Villarato!
I reckon they tried about as hard as in Miami.

Quite. I mean it seems at least Pique tried since he was fairly upset afterwards about being handed his worst beating ever since he rejoined Barcelona. Damn all these world-class teammates letting him down. Very unlike Messi and Suarez to walk and stop caring. Should have told him the games don't really matter.

Joan

[MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION]
I don't think I underrate them. Saying that Messi is involved in 90% of the goals doesn't equate to Messidependencia. Nor does him being missing equate to you coping just fine without him.
Since I don't know how exactly you rate their chances without Messi, I might be wrong. :shrug:

But Messidependenica is a real thing, they're far less motivated with him taking all the responsibility. If motivated, those players can give a lot.

E: I personally doubt they could win without him in the long run. Some lazy old cunts there, impossible to motivate. Instances when they're left with a point to prove are rare. There would be none if there was no Messi :lol:

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Since I don't know how exactly you rate their chances without Messi, I might be wrong. :shrug:

But Messidependenica is a real thing, they're far less motivated with him taking all the responsibility. If motivated, those players can give a lot.

If we're assuming ideal conditions with nobody injured and nobody suspended then I rated this side (without walking players) for a good while since Arthur and Dembele came alive. Messi is the biggest asset, but a massive hindrance to a lot of your guys. It's very very difficult for your right flank to function properly when he's around. Overall without him you're probably good on short stretches when he's injured for a week or a month, but it's probably a safe bet that if he left you'd be in a shitter for at least one season trying to work out how to win games that don't seem winnable, no matter how good you think your foresight and post-Messi preparation was. Even Suarez can't carry you through those on a seasonal basis without Leo there.

E: In essence the error bar and deviation from your average results can be pretty large without Leo. If he were to get injured today and be out for the rest of season, you'd be pretty much stuffed in the CL. If he however were to get injured after semifinals, you'd stand as good a chance to win it as you would today. Same with Liga.

Last edited:

henias

La Liga is too weak to throw away. We don't have any competitors this season, Pathetico and Sevilla cant last the whole season. Madrid only picked up late season.

With a squad of this quality, we should be way way ahead but the only one stifling our potential is Esterno Cuckverde majority at the start of this season.

El Gato

Villarato!
Pity they have 3 away games before Barca arrives, but at least they're not starting the trend of bending over at home too.

Home of Barca Fans