La Liga 2018/19

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Leo_Messi

Disappointing stuff from Sevilla in that second half and Pablo Machín's tactics for that second half made zero sense to me. Sure, RM played one of their better half this season but they are sufficiently out of form, without too much confidence and playing with a makeshift squad, for a team of Sevilla's quality not to threaten them way more. That was a pathetic display offensively and if they are as bad as that against us in the CdR, the tie will be decided already after the first leg away from home in Seville.

I thought, before the game and given that Huesca won their last game, that they had a great performance against RM at home and that Atlético had quite a lot of injuries, that they might take points away from Atlético. Not the case although they could and probably should have gone in front given them hitting the post early and missing a clear 1-1 situation. They showed why they do not belong in La Liga as a team and as a club. Those stadium lights, lol. I would be extremely surprised to see them staying up.

A great shame that we have the likes of Eibar, Huesca, Getafe, Léganes etc. in the league and not a historical "powerhouse" such as Real Zaragoza and Deportivo La Coruña. Would have loved to see RCD Mallorca, Osasuna, Tenerife and Málaga back as well.

Joan

A great shame that we have the likes of Eibar, Huesca, Getafe, Léganes etc. in the league and not a historical "powerhouse" such as Real Zaragoza and Deportivo La Coruña. Would have loved to see RCD Mallorca, Osasuna, Tenerife and Málaga back as well.
I disagree with that view. Maybe it's a shame historical 'powerhouses' are poor at the moment, but I'm glad we've got better teams in the league. Eibar, for instance, is doing well for several seasons in a row, playing entertaining football. Wish them to keep it up and establish themselves as a Primera team. Shame strong fanbases are absent from the first division.

Leo_Messi

I disagree with that view. Maybe it's a shame historical 'powerhouses' are poor at the moment, but I'm glad we've got better teams in the league. Eibar, for instance, is doing well for several seasons in a row, playing entertaining football. Wish them to keep it up and establish themselves as a Primera team. Shame strong fanbases are absent from the first division.

You are allowed to believe so. I disagree completely as do most fans of football in Spain. It's a shame that the clubs that I mentioned, especially the first two with great histories, above average academies and great loyal fans, are absent and instead we see clubs like Huesca, Getafe, Léganes, Eibar (although their story is amazing). Each to his own. I want to see most of the historic clubs playing in the best division and alongside them the best, most vocal and numerous fanbases. Real Zaragoza and Deportivo La Coruña are such clubs.

I also like those other clubs for historical reasons, outside of Málaga, but since Málaga is one of the larger cities in Spain and they have a solid fanbase, I would always prefer such a club to play in the top league over the likes that I mentioned.

Joan

You are allowed to believe so. I disagree completely as do most fans of football in Spain. It's a shame that the clubs that I mentioned, especially the first two with great histories, above average academies and great loyal fans, are absent and instead we see clubs like Huesca, Getafe, Léganes, Eibar (although their story is amazing). Each to his own. I want to see most of the historic clubs playing in the best division and alongside them the best, most vocal and numerous fanbases. Real Zaragoza and Deportivo La Coruña are such clubs.

I also like those other clubs for historical reasons, outside of Málaga, but since Málaga is one of the larger cities in Spain and they have a solid fanbase, I would always prefer such a club to play in the top league over the likes that I mentioned.
Football fans are often nostalgic. I said it was a shame vocal and numerous fanbases were absent from the first league, that I can agree with. But I first wish historically important clubs (if I can put it that way) were better. As long as Eibar/Getafe or some other club does better than them, I'm happy to have it in the league.

That's how things progress and history is made.

El Gato

Villarato!
Other than nostalgia factor, there is no reason to favour these 'historic' sides. Leganes, Getafe and Eibar are the three clubs really playing on merit this year. Somebody mentioned this is lowkey crazy La Liga. It really is. 5 points between 7th and 17th! This is no coincidence. These 'poorer' sides with smaller fanbases are playing well at home hence the points difference is negligible in the mid-table.

Part of me does wish Depor, Zaragoza, Oviedo, Racing Santander or Mallorca were better than they are. But let's not be ridiculous about the criticism. Getafe are having a great season. So are Alaves. Fully deserve to be where they are, regardless how recognisable the names are.

Edit: Lol, wrote this post before [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION] posted. Ditto on the opinion it seems.

Leo_Messi

Football fans are often nostalgic. I said it was a shame vocal and numerous fanbases were absent from the first league, that I can agree with. But I first wish historically important clubs (if I can put it that way) were better. As long as Eibar/Getafe or some other club does better than them, I'm happy to have it in the league.

That's how things progress and history is made.

I don't disagree with that. Those who play in the league currently have been better than those clubs that I mentioned and want to see back. Fair and square. I am not complaining about that. Just saying that I would prefer to see those clubs back rather than those that I mentioned.

Or the fact that I prefer the locations of those clubs as well many times over. For instance I can't be the only person who would have loved an away game trip to Mallorca in the spring or autumn. Certainly better than a trip to freaking Getafe or Léganes.:lol:

Not only for the reasons that I mentioned but also because those clubs that I mentioned have way more potential as clubs to grow and thus improve the league further overall. That's also an important factor in my reasoning.

Of course I won't hide the fact that I have no nostalgia or any feelings towards clubs like Léganes, Getafe, Huesca and Eibar. Getafe is more dislike/annoyance if anything. The other 3, indifference.

Home of Barca Fans