La Liga 2018/19

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Any some folks thought Real Madrid was going to fade away without Ronaldo and any big name signings. Midfield is the essence. They have the best midfield in the world.

KingLeo10

Any some folks thought Real Madrid was going to fade away without Ronaldo and any big name signings. Midfield is the essence. They have the best midfield in the world.

I thought the loss of zidane would hamper them more. But the team plays on autopilot.

xXKonan

Well they are Real Madrid my man, not like they're Mid table.

The the biggest test would be how Lopetegui can handle the big guns in the League and the CL.

Mitchell1978

Midfield is the essence. They have the best midfield in the world.

Has been the case for the last couple of seasons (imo barça should get more respect for finishing ahead of them in the league so often)

And it looks like they're playing more as a team, more cohesive.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Honestly I still don’t know what Zidane had brought to them, other than his black voodoo magic.

The same Lucho brought to Barcelona.

Motivation and inspiration. Strict on fitness and authoritative/respected by most of the players.

Problem with Lucho is that the club gave him the transfers he wanted to improve the team which turned out to be a major fuck up. Zidane already had the entire team set. Didn't need any significant investments and he vetoed a couple of signings too.

DonAK

I'm not really convinced by Lopetegui, but perhaps he'll actually do great with Real Madrid. He certainly got the absolute trust of their Spanish players, and most importantly Sergio Ramos.

Might bring some actual structure to that team which means it'll be a tough battle for the league this season, but too early to say. So far they seem to look very good though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The same Lucho brought to Barcelona.

Motivation and inspiration. Strict on fitness and authoritative/respected by most of the players.

Problem with Lucho is that the club gave him the transfers he wanted to improve the team which turned out to be a major fuck up. Zidane already had the entire team set. Didn't need any significant investments and he vetoed a couple of signings too.

Luis Enrique was definitely a lot better than Valverde, probably 10 times better, even when I was most frustrated with him, I could still credit him for making us more balanced, utilizing counters more effectively, making the defense a tad better and improving on set pieces. But did he really bring us motivation and inspiration? Hmm.

KingLeo10

Luis Enrique was definitely a lot better than Valverde, probably 10 times better, even when I was most frustrated with him, I could still credit him for making us more balanced, utilizing counters more effectively, making the defense a tad better and improving on set pieces. But did he really bring us motivation and inspiration? Hmm.

he got serial winners like messi, pique, alves, iniesta to perform at their absolute best in 2015. what hurt lucho was the transfer ban which limited him to arda and alex vidal in his 2nd season. the 3rd was a disaster with neymar looking for an exit and disastrous valencia signings in gomes, paco etc.

DonAK

No transfer ban in 2015(or better signings than freaking Arda and Vidal) and better signings in 2016 could have had a huge impact on how those two seasons ended. Especially his last season.

Wasn't a tactical wizard or anything and usually kept it simple, but effective much like Zidane, however the signings really fucked us. We tried to improve the team and squad and ended up with a tonne of deadweight instead.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
he got serial winners like messi, pique, alves, iniesta to perform at their absolute best in 2015. what hurt lucho was the transfer ban which limited him to arda and alex vidal in his 2nd season. the 3rd was a disaster with neymar looking for an exit and disastrous valencia signings in gomes, paco etc.

But exactly how our players were more motivated back then compared to say, now? In my opinion, our players have been in this protracted motivation-less for a long long time now, except on a few occasions ( the comeback against PSG etc.). Majority of the time we played slow, lethargic football since Pep left, regardless of who was in charge. I don’t think it was an intentional tactic.

Last edited:

DonAK

2015/16 - Transfer Ban until January

Arda Turan
Aleix Vidal

2016/17

Umtiti
Digne
Gomes
Paco
Cillessen

Had a huge impact on the team. Out of those players only two are left at the club now. Only Umtiti is a starter while Jasper is a good backup.

Real Madrid and Zidane were mostly set for how long he was a manager there.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Madrid were failing against teams of the same caliber at home and away last season with Ronaldo and the same midfield. It is the CL that will show whether they miss him or not.

Home of Barca Fans