La Liga 2018/19

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

soul24rage

Aspas is beasting for Celta again. I think we will drop points at the Balaidos.

I think we will drop points as I think we're not going to be as motivated with us having a great chance of wrapping up the league before we face them and Celta really needing the points to stay up.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think we will drop points as I think we're not going to be as motivated with us having a great chance of wrapping up the league before we face them and Celta really needing the points to stay up.

I don’t have a great memory but for some reason I am under the impression that we always struggled at the Balaidos.

soul24rage

I don’t have a great memory but for some reason I am under the impression that we always struggled at the Balaidos.

yeah our record there is terrible. Last 3 games in the Balaidos were LLD. Good thing we have a great chance of confirming the league victory before we meet them.

FCBfan22

How many more relegation-bound teams do we play until the end of the season? Those are always potential banana slips at this time of the year.

Messi983

It will truly be a tough game for us when we play at Ipurua later this season.

By the way it was our B team loanee Marc Cardona who scored the goal for Eibar in the first half.

We are playing at Ipurua in the last round. Game shouldn't be important for us unless we'll use it to prepare for Copa del Rey final.

Cardona is doing good for Eibar lately when he finally got more regular minutes after Pedro Leon's injury. He's been involved in 4 of their last 8 goals.

He won't make it at Barça but if healthy he should still have a very good career in La Liga. Eibar will probably use their buy option but if not there should be other mid-table teams interested in him.

4? Huesca, Celta, Levante and Eibar?

Eibar is at 39 points and I think they are 99% safe. We're also playing there in the last round as mentioned above.

We're going to Vigo three rounds before the end so we should have the title wraped up before then. And Celta could also be safe by then if they win against direct rival Girona and get some points vs Espanyol and Leganes who are not playing for much anymore. It would be great if they could take points away from Atletico next week but Aspas is suspended so it's hard to believe.

We are playing against Levante at home and if we'll still need points to guarantee the title I think we'll get them.

So from those matches I think Huesca next week (especially with expected rotations between both United games) will be the one where we could drop points. It's probably the last chance for Huesca to keep serious chances to stay up and any positive result they would get against us would also lift their morale before they play against Rayo a week later.

Vilarrubi

How good is it that we aren’t in a title race right now.... 11 point gap... rotations at the weekend and put your feet up lads!!!

I’d even take a draw against Huesca lol

Alik

How good is it that we aren’t in a title race right now.... 11 point gap... rotations at the weekend and put your feet up lads!!!

I’d even take a draw against Huesca lol

I am not optimistic regarding rotations this weekend.

Suarez and Pique won't play due to suspensions. I expect max 1 player to be rotated.

However,

My starting eleven would be:

Dembelé – Boateng - Malcom
Vidal – Roberto - Aleña
Miranda – Lenglet – Umtiti - Semedo
MATS

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Suarez and Pique won't play due to suspensions. I expect max 1 player to be rotated.

However,

Vidal – Roberto - Aleña
MATS

Heard reports already Messi will rest due to face injury.. i think there will be more than we expect.

Messi983

However,

Vidal – Roberto - Aleña
MATS

Replace Lenglet with Todibo.

Or Murillo-Umtiti with Todibo as DM.

also, Coutinho will probably start and then Dembele come on in 2nd half. I don't think he's ready for more than 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Miranda will stay with the B-team to help them get a promotion IIRC.

I'd start with Roberto as left back.

Home of Barca Fans