After midweek games

4. Getafe 47
5. Valencia 46
6. Sevilla 46
7. Alaves 44
8. Athletic 43
9. Sociedad 40
10. Betis 40

5 teams in 4 points and Sociedad overcame Betis after their win last night to also keep their options open.

Now let's speculate a bit:

- Bilbao win at Getafe
- Valencia (vs Rayo) and Sevilla (vs Valladolid) don't win away games against relegation candidates
- Sociedad win in Vigo
- Betis with a home win vs Villarreal

We could potentially have all above mentioned 7 teams within 4 points.

Then we could add Leganes win at Mendizorozza (could happen) and Eibar getting 3 points at Bernabeu (not likely but who knows) and there could be 9 teams in 5 points distance from the last CL spot.

As I said a few days ago it will probably still come down to a duel between Valencia (I favour them) and Sevilla in the end but with only 7 (after this weekend) rounds left I don't remember a season where so many teams would have realistic (at least mathematically) chances to qualify for the CL in early April.

Cule4life

The Culest
Valencia peaked at the right time. They'll take the fourth spot i guess. Don't want irrelevant clubs like Getafe anywhere near European places.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cucu is playing well in the first half against Real Madrid. When will the 8m fee expire (the latest time we can buy him back)? I think we should let him stay at Eibar for one more season.

Eibar almost had equal possession and it felt like they dominated the midfield. It will truly be a tough game for us when we play at Ipurua later this season.

By the way it was our B team loanee Marc Cardona who scored the goal for Eibar in the first half.

BbsImg_37570715965686_1554562521_s_3758675_o_w_350_h_176_23997.gif

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I will celebrate when its officially over but its looking great so far.
Things are looking promising. Realistic shot at cl glory, possible double again domestically.

Home of Barca Fans