Moussa Wague

soul24rage

MD mentions that the club is seriously considering promoting Wague, next season to move Roberto back into the Midfield.

If Bob is moved back to midfield, i hope he plays as a pivot rather than one of the interiors as he's more suited to that position. We're gonna have a lot of midfielders next season if bob moves back to midfield. Busi, Arthur, Rakitic, Bob, Vidal, Alena, not to mention Puig and the continued interest in De Jong. Feel like Rafinha and Denis are going to leave in the summer.

xXKonan

For that to happen Wague has to prove he is better than Semedo, otherwise EV will keep playing Roberto at RB.
Honestly I don't think having an additional Fullback in the first team would be such a bad idea.

Considering we have three Fullbacks and two of them we always argue if they are good enough or not and Alba not having a backup except for Miranda which not everyone seems to agree if he's good enough or not.

Good chance to see what Wague can bring to the table for the first team and to see if he's certainly good enough that he can overtake either Semedo or Roberto.

Last edited:

Joan

Honestly I don't think having an additional Fullback in the first team would be such a bad idea.

Considering we have three Fullbacks and two of them we always argue if they are good enough or not and Alba not having a backup except for Miranda which not everyone seems to agree if he's good enough or not.

Good chance to see what Wague can bring to the table for the first team and to see if he's certainly good enough that he can overtake either Semedo or Roberto.

You'd have a point if he was comfortable playing as a LB. Is he?

xXKonan

You'd have a point if he was comfortable playing as a LB. Is he?
He's played LB three times in his career so far at the top level. But he's also like 20 years old and only played 43 games at the top level.

But doesn't hurt to try playing him at LB if needed though. He has more experience right now than Miranda does.

God Serena

It's funny how quickly they forget about our own youth talents (Mateu Morey!)

Morey did in his tibia. Even if he does make a successful return his already admittedly low odds of making it to the first team are only smaller still.

La Masia bias is out of the window on this one, RB is a position we desperately need to fill.

Porque

Well if he is good, he will rightfully look like a standout player in Segunda B. But that does not mean much. Palencia looked incredible there in our promotions season 2 years back and then looked really average in Segunda.

A long way to go for Wague.

With Bob and Semedo around it is wiser to go the Marlon route with him. Consistent loan time at a decent club in a decent league next season if we do not promote.

xXKonan

Morey did in his tibia. Even if he does make a successful return his already admittedly low odds of making it to the first team are only smaller still.

La Masia bias is out of the window on this one, RB is a position we desperately need to fill.
Also Morey's contract expires at the end of the season. And he nearly left once and I'm not confident he will renew here either. :/

God Serena

Well if he is good, he will rightfully look like a standout player in Segunda B. But that does not mean much. Palencia looked incredible there in our promotions season 2 years back and then looked really average in Segunda.

A long way to go for Wague.

With Bob and Semedo around it is wiser to go the Marlon route with him. Consistent loan time at a decent club in a decent league next season if we do not promote.

Palencia is a strange case. Looked average in Segunda and was woeful with the first team, but seems to be doing very well in France after being given time to adapt. There's a chance he might surprise us.

Porque

Palencia is a strange case. Looked average in Segunda and was woeful with the first team, but seems to be doing very well in France after being given time to adapt. There's a chance he might surprise us.

Can't speak much for him at Bordeaux as I haven't watched them, but he has been a mainstay in their first team and you can't argue with that. I recall watching Barcelona B versus Vallecano last season and Bebe tore him to pieces. So much so that I felt embarrassed for him and wanted to throw in the towel.

He reminds me of a less technical Fernando Navarro. A player who didn't excel in anything and didn't have the pace to keep up with his man defensively. But he grew into a steady fullback who learned to limit his game to his strengths.

If he could end up having a career like him them he would have done incredibly well.

raki

Palencia and Marlon are not good enough to Barça 1st team but will gave us a few millions after their sales in the next summer.

xXKonan

Palencia is one of those players that he's just hard to dislike.

He didn't have the talent to make it to the first team but he was still one of those players who worked his ass off to the best of his ability. It's great that he's proving me wrong that he, in fact, has the ability to play at in a first division league such as Ligue 1.

Thought with this struggles in Segunda he was doomed. But it's great that he's proving me wrong so far.

Home of Barca Fans