Moussa Wague

PhilS

The followup to promoting Wague, I expect, will be to jettison one or two midfielders. And, as usual, to hire a LB. These moves will balance the squad.

Even though he is on the first team, I don't expect Wague to play much at all. He still has to beat out Roberto for RB minutes, several have failed at this task over the last few years.

God Serena

The followup to promoting Wague, I expect, will be to jettison one or two midfielders. And, as usual, to hire a LB. These moves will balance the squad.

Even though he is on the first team, I don't expect Wague to play much at all. He still has to beat out Roberto for RB minutes, several have failed at this task over the last few years.

Roberto is in midfield now, it seems.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah it will be tough for Wagué. Our current midfield is stacked and unless a big name like Rakitic leaves, Roberto will struggle to get minutes with Arthur, Vidal, Frenkie, Busi and Rakitic.
This'll lead to him getting minutes as a right back due to his seniority ahead of Wagué.

xXKonan

I think Wague will get plenty of time so to speak.

But if Semedo gets suspended or injured before a tough opponent, Roberto without a doubt will play there instead of Wague. Not that it isn't a bad thing as while Wague has potential he still raw himself and we are better off just playing Roberto there in those type of games if Semedo isn't available.

Going by his performances yesterday, I liked that he tried to join in the attack as much as possible but at the same time he seemed a bit too eager in some instances and got caught out a couple of times but his pace bailed him out. With more game time and experience he will learn more when to attack and when to position himself when the other team breaks.

BBZ8800

Good-ish in attack.

But:
A tendency to break legs of anyone who gets closer than 2-3 meters near him.
And probably the worst first touch in our rooster.

God Serena

Not really impressed overall tbh.

Kind of feel like I would rather Roberto in any pressure situation, and Semedo himself is better and should be the main one "developing" when Roberto is piddling about in midfield.

Home of Barca Fans