Moussa Wague

Riordon

Just saw his highlights from todays game and I noticed he goes both on overlap and the underlap. FB these day must be comfortable playing through the middle so thats good news.

For 5m he was a steal in this market. A lot of people found the signing weird but credits to Abidal and Segura.

Joan

Just saw his highlights from todays game and I noticed he goes both on overlap and the underlap. FB these day must be comfortable playing through the middle so thats good news.

For 5m he was a steal in this market. A lot of people found the signing weird but credits to Abidal and Segura.

Isn't it too early to call him 'a steal'? We're yet to see whether he can take his skills to the next (Primera) level.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Isn't it too early to call him 'a steal'? We're yet to see whether he can take his skills to the next (Primera) level.

Tbf he played in the World Cup, but we'll see. Mateu Morey returning soon too.

I have no trust in Roberto or Semedo being long-term options at RB so hopefully one of these two makes the step up.

Riordon

I have no trust in Roberto or Semedo being long-term options at RB so hopefully one of these two makes the step up.

About Morey, he seems an elite talent. An insanely offensive RB. I just hope the injury hasn't set him back too much and that he will renew (contract runs out this summer). Lets see if he can take some of the things he did at youth-level to the B-team

As the market offers zero quality RB's, i really hope one of these two will make it.

Joan

True. Played 3 matches. The one against Japan was promising, a few key passes (4, 5?) and a goal. All that while being defensively solid. But it can't tell us much about his future career. Regarding Morey, always seemed like an elite talent. But it's hard to judge, especially young FBs. Remains to be seen how the injury impacts his development. And whether he remains with us, too.

I've lost trust in Semedo/Roberto as a long term solution some time ago. Until recently, preferred Sergi over Semedo, but he's not repeating his 2017/18 season. Should give Wague a chance in the CdR before it's too late.

Porque

Wague is so far above Segunda B level, that is for sure.

Mind you, a few of the B team players are. I think that we can afford to loan him to an offensive LaLiga side next season and stick with Semedo/Roberto. As I mentioned in another thread, last season Digne was the worst of our fullback quartet but look how good he is at a lesser team. With that in mind, the duo of Roberto/Semedo is better than 95% of fullbacks out there.

I actually prefer Mateu Morey but with injuries and contract negotiations being difficult every summer I can see him not having a future here. As weird as it sounds he reminds me of a young Toni Kroos. For those of you who didn't watch Kroos at 15/16, he was playing in midfield but was nonstop running and dribbling with the ball, making challenges. Very different to the player he matured to become, but similar to the way Morey plays at rightback.

xXKonan

I don't get what's going on with Morey other than the injury he suffered.

Nothing on his contract renewal or any clubs that may be interested in him.

Jallo

I don't get what's going on with Morey other than the injury he suffered.

Nothing on his contract renewal or any clubs that may be interested in him.

He’s injured, he is going through the recovery process with hope he returns in February or March. No club will offer him a contract until they see how he has recovered. At the moment he is not a priority to rBarca to renew. They are focused on the younger kids right now. I think they renew him in June like they did with Riqui last year.

xXKonan

Training with the first team today with Miranda.

Likely to be called up for the match tomorrow. If so I really hope he gets to play.

El Barcelona

Training with the first team today with Miranda.

Likely to be called up for the match tomorrow. If so I really hope he gets to play.
Hoping the same. Curious wat the plans are with hem next season because he's doing great at the b team.

Edit: forgot that no b player is called up.

Home of Barca Fans