Moussa Wague

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[tw]1024972954096918529[/tw]

It's over.

The team is complete.

yikes.

Valverde is def not gonna be happy either :lol:

Some people are going to kill me for it, but while Roberto provides energy and is good dribbling in space, he just isn't good enough to start for this team. Not creative enough, nor good enough defensively. Have a hard time getting convinced by a couple of pre-season games. Decent backup for Busquets as a DM in the easier games, but that's about it IMO.

Alik

yikes.

Valverde is def not gonna be happy either :lol:

Some people are going to kill me for it, but while Roberto provides energy and is good dribbling in space, he just isn't good enough to start for this team. Not creative enough, nor good enough defensively. Have a hard time getting convinced by a couple of pre-season games. Decent backup for Busquets as a DM in the easier games, but that's about it IMO.

Roberto moving to midfield doesn't mean he will be a starter. That being said, he is more than good enough to start most matches.

DonAK

Roberto moving to midfield doesn't mean he will be a starter. That being said, he is more than good enough to start most matches.

He's not good enough to start for a team that's aiming for CL success IMO, that's my point. I wanted someone who is an upgrade on Rakitic to really rebuild the midfield along with our talents, but that might not happen now.

Perhaps next year unless Arthur/Roberto/Rafinha if he stays proves to be good enough.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's not good enough to start for a team that's aiming for CL success IMO, that's my point. I wanted someone who is an upgrade on Rakitic to really rebuild the midfield along with our talents, but that might not happen now.

Perhaps next year unless Arthur/Roberto/Rafinha if he stays proves to be good enough.

Where does a new signing fit though? If Coutinho plays in midfield, all the starting spots will be secured. Busi-Coutinho-Arthur can be our starting midfield for the next 2-3 years. Roberto + Rakitic are more than good enough to play in easier games.

wisconsincule

Great news. Roberto is probably better fit than anyone we could get.

Yeah I’m fine with this. Any new signing we’re going to have to give minutes and that seems tough with Coutinho-Busi-Raki almost a lock to start along with the younger guys vying for minutes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys are hilarious. It's like talking to FM kids. If there is big game player in our midfield - it's Rakitić. And Roberto can play against anyone. Would think his Clasico and PSG performances, to name a few, would dissipate whining but no. Flashy toy is what's needed.

Alik

We don't need an all-star team for CL success.

Messi, Coutinho, Mats, Busquets, Rakitic, Umtiti and Alba should be enough "anchors" to base our team around imo. Hopefully with talents like Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Lenglet and Semedo growing into their roles. Question marks over Piqué and Suarez.

Roberto is now a confident, trusted player, who has already proven himself being clutch in the toughest matches. He will be a good rotation option anywhere in midfield (and RB while Wagué is still with the B team).

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
You guys are hilarious. It's like talking to FM kids. If there is big game player in our midfield - it's Rakitić. And Roberto can play against anyone. Would think his Clasico and PSG performances, to name a few, would dissipate whining but no. Flashy toy is what's needed.

I love them both, and would be content with either of them playing in the starting eleven as a right CM. The reason I said Arthur is because of his potential. Given what people were saying about his perfomances for Gremio (such as being instrumental in winning Libertadores) and his first two games for us, he can become the long-needed controller. Arthur's true level is unknown atm, so it cannot be said whether he will perform better than Rakitic or Roberto.

For the first time in years, however, we really have a strong midfield. We have established top players like Busi, Coutinho, Rakitic (I would include Roberto too), a top prospect in Arthur, and promising young players like Puig, Alena and Oriol. Will be great if Rafinha stays as well.

DonAK

Bojan do you even know what FM is?

Anyway, not too long ago almost everyone here wanted a new midfielder, but sure it's just the FM kids :thumbsup:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Bojan do you even know what FM is?

Anyway, not too long ago almost everyone here wanted a new midfielder, but sure it's just the FM kids :thumbsup:

We did want a new midfielder. Not just the fans but the board too. None are available. I would not buy either of Rabiot and Pjanic, who were the most probable targets at the time. Splashing 80m on Thiago is unrealistic as well given how much we have spent already in these two years. Buying this kid and making Roberto a CM is the best option really.

Messi983

Welcome, Moussa.

Really interested to see what this kid can bring to the team but he'll need time to adapt and probably won't even play much for the first team in first half of the season. Then he'll maybe get a chance in early rounds of Copa.

Don't think this signing totally excludes buying a new midfielder though.

Home of Barca Fans