• Antoine Griezmann

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Mohamed Salah

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Harry Kane

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Windhook

Anyway even if I wanted to include Messi in the poll, looks like I cannot edit it, unless admins add him on the list. Start another poll for the award, I don't mind.

No one is suggesting he should win it... but the fact you left him out of that list is pretty funny lol

I left Messi out because we are a biased forum and my personal comlete conviction, given the history of the award, that he is not winning it. I completely agree with you, Messi's stats are great and impressive every season, but from journalists standpoint and their stupid logic which decides (mostly) the outcome - if Messi doesn't win Champions League or World Cup, or scores 80+ goals in 2018 -> no Ballon d'Or. Leo reached the heights of Pele and Maradona around 2010/2011 and ever since he is expected to up or maintain that level of performance, something which is very hard to do when your teammates are surplus to requirements.

Last edited:

malvolio

should be between ronaldo and messi, as always. the other 'contenders' haven't reached that level yet. mbappe should be next in line if he's not stupid like neymar and focuses on actually playing football.

Luka Modrić - had some good and very good games this year, but was not consistent
Eden Hazard - terrible year at club level. some good games at WC, but nothing to write home about
Antoine Griezmann - kind of an overrated player if you asked me. mbappe eclipsed him at the wc
Mohamed Salah - excellent season at club level, but hasn't won shit to even be considered. no show at the wc
Harry Kane - good season at club level, but hasn't won a trophy. also that wc golden boot was a farce

Raketa10

should be between ronaldo and messi, as always. the other 'contenders' haven't reached that level yet. mbappe should be next in line if he's not stupid like neymar and focuses on actually playing football.

Luka Modrić - had some good and very good games this year, but was not consistent

Yeah Messi was very consistent in the CL and Ronaldo was more than consistent in La Liga and both of them have achieved a great success in the World Cup! :lol: :lol:

If any of those two wins Balon d’Or it will be embarassing. World Cup is the biggest competition there is, so in the year of the World Cup there is no way a CL should be the most important factor for Balon d’Or reward.

Last edited:

serghei

Messi has no chance guys. Mediocre in CL and World Cup. Only La Liga is not enough for Ballon d'Or.

I'd give it to Griezmann.

Joan

Yeah Messi was very consistent in the CL and Ronaldo was more than consistent in La Liga and both of them have achieved a great success in the World Cup! :lol: :lol:

If any of those two wins Balon d’Or it will be embarassing. World Cup is the biggest competition there is, so in the year of the World Cup there is no way a CL should be the most important factor for Balon d’Or reward.
Ballon d'Or should go to the best player, not? Yeah, Ronaldo and Messi were the best. Simple as that.

malvolio

Messi was pivotal for us in winning la liga and by a good margin. Also he got us past Chelsea single-handedly.
Ronaldo stole some limelight with those 2-3 CL games and will be considered because Real won the competition.

Yeah let's give I to Modric who played in a team that couldn't beat anyone in regular time of the WC knockouts...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we're giving it to a French player it should be Griezmann.

2nd in La Liga, Europa League winner(yeah I know it aint no CL), WC winner with a goal and assist in the final.

KingLeo10

given that CR7 PR team has succeeded in painting leaving la liga to join juventus as a challenge, don't be surprised to see CR7's hat trick v spain get more weightage than any goals in the WC final or semi-final or QF. :lol:

Raketa10

Messi was pivotal for us in winning la liga and by a good margin. Also he got us past Chelsea single-handedly.
Ronaldo stole some limelight with those 2-3 CL games and will be considered because Real won the competition.

Yeah let's give I to Modric who played in a team that couldn't beat anyone in regular time of the WC knockouts...

No let’s give it to a man who was inivisible against Roma and beaten by that “poor” Croatia 3-0 and was kicked out in the first round of knockouts. Or let’s give it to a man who played great only for 3 months last season and won ONE competition.

Dude you are destroying yourself with that silly arguments. :rofl1: You also seem a bit salty over Croatia succes in this WC and I wonder why? :D

I love Messi more than anyone but he didn’t deserve it. Ronaldo also didn’t deserve it since he was terrible during fist part of the season and he won only CL after a huge mistake from Bayern and Lpool side.

Griezman won EL while Modric won CL, Griezmann won WC but Mbappe was better than he was for France. Not to mention Modric was chosen as the best player of the tournament so I don’t know under what criteria shoud Greizmann be in front of him?

90% of people were furious when Iniesta didn’t win Ballon d’Or back in 2010 and now we could have the same situation with Modric and now all of a sudden that’s ok?!?! Some of you should try to see a bigger picture of the most beautiful game in the world and not only Messi - Ronaldo rivalry.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans