• Antoine Griezmann

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Mohamed Salah

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Harry Kane

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Nucky

Ronaldo will win it probably, though he doesn't deserve it. He was invisible the whole first half of season, Messi played top class for the whole year

Morten

Apparently, halfway through the votings, Messi and Ronaldo are not even in the top 3, Modric ahead of Mbappe and Varane.
This award.....

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Apparently, halfway through the votings, Messi and Ronaldo are not even in the top 3, Modric ahead of Mbappe and Varane.
This award.....

expected for messi not to be there due to the WC/CL but i thought CR7 was a france football favorite??

Givenchy

Modric, Mbappe and Varane :rofl1:

if Perez was Barca president every year would of been 1. Messi 2. Xavi 3. Iniesta and rightfully so

Bulgroz

theres some kind of 'leak' going around saying Modric 1st, Varane 2nd, Mbappe 3rd

I've read that, but I think it mostly comes from an interview with a France Football journalist who mentioned the top 3. He said those names in that order, but he didn't specify that it was the actual order (so the final three could be any combination with those 3 names). That being said, this wouldn't be particularly surprising. I thought that Griezmann would end up 3rd, but Mbappe's current form probably moved him a bit higher. The top 2 was rather obvious though, and I still hope that Varane will win it. He's been superb during the WC, won the 2 major titles, and it's been a very long time since a defender won that trophy. Plus, it would make some kind of sense compared to giving it to an offensive player: there's no way any striker/winger in that list is individually better than Messi or Ronaldo (Mbappe could reach that peak one day, but he still has room for improvement). So might as well give it to a defender, avoiding comparisons with the two quintuple winners.

Givenchy

Varane?? Like seriously, wtf. His is in no real world a top 3 B'dor.

tbh it depends what your criteria for the ballon d'or is.. if its best player in world then Messi would be sitting on 11 in a row. if its for most trophies in a year then Varane deserves it; 3xCL in a row and a WC.

Mbappe should be nowhere near the top 3 imo, Messi, Ronaldo heck even Griezmann deserve it more. i think its time we stop taking this shitty award seriously

BarçaBarça

tbh it depends what your criteria for the ballon d'or is.. if its best player in world then Messi would be sitting on 11 in a row. if its for most trophies in a year then Varane deserves it; 3xCL in a row and a WC.

Mbappe should be nowhere near the top 3 imo, Messi, Ronaldo heck even Griezmann deserve it more. i think its time we stop taking this shitty award seriously

You are right, but trophies are a team-thing, this should be to the best individual?? But I also hope it will diminish the prestige a little that him and Modric apparently are top3.

Home of Barca Fans