• Antoine Griezmann

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Mohamed Salah

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Harry Kane

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

hamoon32

It'll be definitely CR7. If Modric had won the wc, maybe Madrid propaganda could win him the award. Right now, no other player stands a chance.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
The most ridiculous thing is that you wrote Kane and not Messi =)) Come on boys. Messi won the golden shoe ... And there's still a half season left. So be logical.

Windhook

Be reasonable and don't bother with Messi not being included. I want this poll to be real as possible, not some dreamland stuff. I would love to see Leo winning the award every year, too, but we all know this is not going to happen beyond this point of the year. I promise to never visit this forum again if Messi wins the award for 2018.;) Also Kane, Hazard and Salah, they all performed above expectations, both individual and team wise.

Alik

Be reasonable and don't bother with Messi not being included. I want this poll to be real as possible, not some dreamland stuff. I would love to see Leo winning the award every year, too, but we all know this is not going to happen beyond this point of the year. I promise to never visit this forum again if Messi wins the award for 2018.;) Also Kane, Hazard and Salah, they all performed above expectations, both individual and team wise.

Paulinho should get Ballon d'or for performing above expectations.

Raketa10

Ronaldo without a doubt. But I think Messi has a good chance to win it next year.

Why the hell would he win it? For what? Modric has also won CL and was in the World Cup final, he was also the best player of the tournament. He fore sure deserves it more than Ronaldo. Not to mention Ronaldo was invisible in CL final and had terrible first part of the season. For example Griezmann has won WC and EL so no way in hell Ronaldo deserves Balon d’Or this year. Modric should get it without a doubt.

Last edited:

jamrock

Mordic doesn't deserve Anything.

But they things are any who won what & not the actual best player in the world that year, so he as a chance.

Mitchell1978

If this award wants to have any sort of relevance then it has to be either Modric or Griezmann, if not then this award becomes an even bigger joke.

Vilarrubi

No one is suggesting he should win it... but the fact you left him out of that list is pretty funny lol

You're too used to Messi's high standards so your comparisons to other players is blurred.

Put it this way...

Player A

Goals: 30
Assists: 14
Trophies: 2 (Domestic Double League and Cup)
Personal Awards: 2 (European Golden Boot and League Top Scorer)

Player B

Goals: 23
Assists: 1
Trophies: 0
Personal Awards: 0

Player C

Goals: 24
Assists: 8
Trophies: 0
Personal Awards: 1 (League Top Scorer)

They are Kane, Salah and Messi... and it's not hard to guess which is which. Take away the names and your BS about Messi shouldn't be in that list is laughable.

Mitchell1978

I won't include Lionel Messi, he has close to zero chance on winning the award with just La Liga and Copa won. We know this award is decided by major trophies + a bit of popularity.

People have won ballon d'ors with fewer team succes then this.

And La Liga is major trophy and then there's also his stats, golden shoe, most assists and so on.

Also including Kane but not Messi come one, get out of here with that nonsense

Trickykid

Messi not featuring in a BdO poll is ridiculous.
He won't win it, as this reward is a fake fucking shitshow popularity contest, but he's so obviously one of the candidates.

Just for fun:
[tw]1018963686801764360[/tw]

Raketa10

Mordic doesn't deserve Anything.

But they things are any who won what & not the actual best player in the world that year, so he as a chance.

Can you elaborate please?! So the best midfielder in the world who won CL and was voted as the best player of the world cup doesn’t deserve anything. Great dude just great... :facepalm:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why the hell would he win it? For what? Modric has also won CL and was in the World Cup final, he was also the best player of the tournament. He fore sure deserves it more than Ronaldo. Not to mention Ronaldo was invisible in CL final and had terrible first part of the season. For example Griezmann has won WC and EL so no way in hell Ronaldo deserves Balon d’Or this year. Modric should get it without a doubt.

Because his name is Ronaldo?

The question is who will get it, not who should get it. We all know the formula already by now: If one of Messi and Ronaldo wins the CL he will automatically win the BD. If none of them wins the CL, then it would be whoever wins the league wins the BD. Individual performance does not matter much. It is very boring and predictable.

I don’t know if Modric should win the BD but I know Ronaldo will win it.

Raketa10

Because his name is Ronaldo?

The question is who will get it, not who should get it. We all know the formula already by now: If one of Messi and Ronaldo wins the CL he will automatically win the BD. If none of them wins the CL, then it would be whoever wins the league wins the BD. Individual performance does not matter much. It is very boring and predictable.

I don’t know if Modric should win the BD but I know Ronaldo will win it.

I really hope this won’t be the case especially not in the World Cup year. I hope there is some common sense left within the people who are voting.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I really hope this won’t be the case especially not in the World Cup year. I hope there is some common sense left within the people who are voting.

It is going to happen. Ronaldo won the 2014 BD because Real Madrid won the CL in the 13/14 season. Neuer came up third.

Home of Barca Fans