Hardy

the iconic vote from saint kitts press

DtheU2tWoAAIwyj.jpg

the whole list

[tw]1069707155199135746[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What is this crap.

Ballon d Or pre FIFA merge was only voted by a selected group of European Journalists.

Why have they allowed the entire World to join in?

khaled_a_d

What is this crap.

Ballon d Or pre FIFA merge was only voted by a selected group of European Journalists.

Why have they allowed the entire World to join in?

It has changed before merge, when they made it best player in the world rather than best in Europe (a move to challenge FIFA award as it was gaining more popularity over bdor)
IIEC that was around 2007, merge was in 2010

raskolnikov

Journalists are only slightly better than players and coaches. Whole system is flawed. If you must add an individual award it should be something you get points for every game you play so every match truly matters. With some matches give more points than others of course. That way you truly cover all bases, factor in consistency and value the true mvp. Which obviously is Messi.

The whole 5-5 thing is as much of a joke as this 5th place. Just to push the bullshit narrative of the Messi vs Ronaldo media created era. In reality it should be something like 8-2 to reflect things clearly. normally I would discount the ballon d'or since its a stupid pr ppularity contest.
However you notice people doing a shitload of revisionism because of it. The amount of people saying Messi was bad last year due to Roma/wc discounting everything he did. From even getting Argentina to the wc, getting us to the quarters in cl, near invincibles and golden shoe winner all while his teams are basically failing him compared to what Real did for Ronaldo/Modric or France and Croatia for their players.
Yet I totally dont see that in todays comments, it just"Lol show up in big games"...
Disgraceful stuff since everyone in their hearts knows Messi is way better than any of the guys above him in the list.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It has changed before merge, when they made it best player in the world rather than best in Europe (a move to challenge FIFA award as it was gaining more popularity over bdor)
IIEC that was around 2007, merge was in 2010

Well, then this award is totally worthless.

Some of the selections are mind-boggling.

LMTR14

modric. lol. and ronaldo who did absolutely nothing in the league in second place. what a joke this popularity contest is

LMTR14

oh man, there will be a sexism storm over that :lol: should ask Modric to twerk
for once he deserves a shitstorm, but not because of "sexism" (which is just a nonsensical blank like "racism" used to denigrate the opinions of non-leftists), but cause he is a complete IDIOT. he shouldn't ask ANYBODY to "twerk" (whatever that exactly is). then again why does she come dressed like that. can anybody take her seriously like that? is she a professional athlete or a hooker from the street corner?!

gasgas

Messi deserves 5th place.
i generally agree with the top 5.

haven't checked the rest of the rankings

KingLeo10

Messi deserves 5th place.
i generally agree with the top 5.

haven't checked the rest of the rankings

I wholeheartedly agree, you deserve 5th place in the list of trolls this year. You were consistent all year but Pedro, messi15478, Messigician, and FCB1987 showed up at more important junctures. :blondemessi:

Home of Barca Fans