Signing another midfielder

Which midfielder would you sign?

• Total voters

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
what did he say exactly? I saw quotes after the France-Argentina game say Messi is the best player in the world

This I guess:

Paul Pogba said:
So we want to see warriors on the field today. Me, I dont wanna come back tonight, me I won’t come back home tonight, tomorrow I m not going home and I’ll sleep at the hotel. We are still going to eat those fucking stirred pasta (they always joke about eating pasta). I don’t care today WE ARE NOT GOING BACK HOME. We ll end up happy, I want to party tonight, I want everyone, today, to die on the field. No one is letting anyone down, no one ! On the field, we are all together, real men, warriors, soldiers. Today we are going to kill them, those Argentinians. Messi, or not Messi, I don’t give a fuck, we are here to win this fucking World Cup, we have to go through this ! Let’s go guys !

Not foul at all imo.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Id love thiago back personally.

Will be interesting to see where he plays Coutinho next season. I think if griezmann had come Coutinho would've probably dropped deeper into midfield. Wonder if Valverde will do the same if we do sign Willian, leaving Dembele pushing for a starting spot in the front 3 with him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nothing controversial about that.

A guy trying to fire up his team saying they shouldn't fear anyone.

DonAK

Pogba gets a very bad rep for being a clown and a diva like he's Neymar when he's never done anything more than dyeing his hair, dabbing and voicing his concerns over playing a negative style of football under Mourinho.

What he's shown lately is that he can be 100% committed, keeps a team's mood up and is able to lead as well. He has his flaws too, but people go OTT about that.

Griezmann does the same shit, but not scrutinized like Pogba.

What he did after the game vs Argentina and the comments he made about Messi and everything he does off the field with no controversies or engaging in late night parties tells us more about Pogba's character than his hairstyles or dabbing, as well as his impressive command of different languages, the guy can Spanish very well while there's players that's played for Spanish clubs for years that can barely speak a basic level of it ffs.

Not saying we should sign him or that he would be a good fit as I have doubts about that, but using that shit as an excuse not to sign him is just stupid as it's all untrue.

That said, I still like to call him for the dabbing machine for fun lol.

Last edited:

DonAK

Btw, a Pogba that plays the ball fast like he did in the WC, works hard in defence, uses his god given physical abilities well and is able to dribble past players easily and create chances + make some great passes would be amazing for this Barca team alongside Coutinho.

If, and that's a big if, he can do that week in and out, he'll become a top 5 midfielder in the World for sure. His marketing potential as we all know is off the charts too so :bartomeu: will be happy about that.

Can he do that? I don't know. I have my doubts, but for his sake I hope he does because he's talented enough to be a consistent World Class midfielder with no off the field issues or poor diet or other shit.

Guy has played for two defensive managers most of his career in Conte and Mourinho. You have to wonder what someone like Pep could do with him if he had him 2-3 years earlier.

Off the charts in fast forward passing + dribbling in the WC.

This is the type MF @BBZ8800 has been dreaming about every night he goes to sleep :lol:

Dh-trVMWsAUp3fU.jpg:large

To add to my point:

http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-...ted/successful_take_ons/aerial_duels_won_%#90

His numbers are quite good considering Mourinho played him as a DM for a significant portion of the season :lol:

A manager who let De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku all go in the first place.

I don't even like using those stats, but it's still better than lazy arguments like "he cannot play 1-2s, he cannot create chances or keep the ball", or old myths of him being a diva or a party animal.

Again, not saying we should get him, but I dunno why Verratti is till day held in a high regard when he's been put in a much better setup and a position to succeed than Pogba, but still not done any better than him?

Pogba has had twice the career so far with a bigger impact in key games securing wins too.

Last edited:

DonAK

Did you forget the poll fam?

Never mind, popped up now lol

Personally I wouldn't mind De Jong staying at Ajax another season and them hopefully getting to the CL so he gets to test himself vs better opposition as well. If he's going to cost 50m now we might as well wait a year when he's developed further and try to get him for the same amount as the guy want Barca only.

We need a very good established midfielder now, not another talent. No room for that.

Ideally I would want a more mobile midfielder than Thiago and Pjanic, but we have few options. I don't rate Rabiot. He's less mobile than Thiago and nowhere as creative as both Thiago or Pjanic and worse in breaking lines with his passes, and again, we need instant quality so he's ruled out.

Last edited:

Nucky

Pogba,Eriksen and Kante won't happen. We can afford 150m+ buys right now. The most realistic option is probably Rabiot, then Thiago. I'd take Rabiot over Thiago anyday. When fit Thiago is better for me but the problem is he is fit 9-10 matches a season while Rabiot is fit most of the season.

Home of Barca Fans