Luka Romero

Hektor

I always stated, in this forum, that the next Messi will be found in Argentina. Well, Luka Romero is Argentine because of his parents, he was born in Mexico, and he plays in Mallorca. He has a Spanish passport.

Pablo Aimar, the Argentine U-!7 coach, has called him to form part of the team the only player that plays outside Argentina for the U-17 team. He is 14-years old. Since he is under age, he can still opt to play for Argentina, Mexico, or Spain in the future.

What are we doing to secure his services and to be further developed in La Masia. I hate for Luka to end up in Real Madrid. I sincerely hope that we are following him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWowBYRhfs8

Hektor

Last edited:

Hektor

I believe that this is a token called-up by Argentina. A 14-year old player is still not developed physically to play with 17-year old players that are almost fully developed. Luka can easily get hurt from a sliding tackle by a much bigger player. We'll see what happens in the U-17 WC in Peru.

Hektor

Hektor

There is no next Messi, maybe the next Riquelme, the next Tevez ...

Yes, there is a next Messi; it is a matter of time. People also said that there was no next Di Stefano and we got Sivori. It was also said that there was no other Maradona and we got Messi. Romero reminds me of Messi when he was 14.

Hektor

PS: Keep in mind that in the YouTube video, Romero is playing against older players in a youth league, which is much different than playing against U-17 National Teams. They are the best each country has to offer. Riquelme or Tevez never had that type of ability. We'll see. Players developed much faster at a younger age and others developed later.

Last edited:

Slevinn

That goal. :lol:
Is he actually a good player though? I’ve never seen him play for Lazio and he doesn’t seem to get that much playing time.
Only 18 ofc but didn’t he made his debut at 15?

soul24rage

That goal. :lol:
Is he actually a good player though? I’ve never seen him play for Lazio and he doesn’t seem to get that much playing time.
Only 18 ofc but didn’t he made his debut at 15?
Yeah he made his debut at 15 and really he chosen the wrong club at Lazio at still such a very young age.

His contract expires next month so hopefully he has a good U-20 WC and he goes to a club that trusts and plays him.

Slevinn

Yeah he made his debut at 15 and really he chosen the wrong club at Lazio at still such a very young age.

His contract expires next month so hopefully he has a good U-20 WC and he goes to a club that trusts and plays him.
What level kind of teams do you think he could play for atm?

soul24rage

What level kind of teams do you think he could play for atm?
At his age, he should focus on getting regular game time, so if I were him, I would try to go for a mid-La Liga team. Ironically, Mallorca would be a good club for him right now imo.

His potential is 3rd-4th place La Liga side as he does have the talent imo (his talent is on the same level as Garnacho for me), but of course he has a lot of development to do.

Porque

Get him for the B team, especially if they reach Segunda.

He's better than Pocho and I don't see us paying 5m+ for a proper talent like Prestianni/Echevierri.

Home of Barca Fans