Achraf Hakimi

El Gato

Villarato!
What's Mbappe got to do with securing a RWB position for years?

TBH the only thing this indicates is that Zidane got attached to Carvajal so much he's not willing to give Hakimi a fair meritocratic shake, while Hakimi clearly thinks he's ready and wants more than Kovacic-level minutes. Analogous to Marcos Llorente situation last year.

I will be utterly disappointed if this goes through.

KingLeo10

TBH the only thing this indicates is that Zidane got attached to Carvajal so much he's not willing to give Hakimi a fair meritocratic shake, while Hakimi clearly thinks he's ready and wants more than Kovacic-level minutes. Analogous to Marcos Llorente situation last year.

:crbust: I thought systemic issues only happened at Barcelona, though.

El Gato

Villarato!
:crbust: I thought systemic issues only happened at Barcelona, though.

It's not a systemic issue. It's nepotism. Real won't buy Benzema a proper competitor. Real won't buy Casemiro a proper competitor. Now apparently we won't get Carvajal one either.

Though there's also the matter of Odriozola not having buyers yet so it's possible we're giving him another chance. Not sure how...

Wasn’t people talking about Madrid keeping ties with players like Hakimi in another thread :lol:

A month ago the agent suggested they are looking at other options in the event that Madrid need him to wait longer, but stressed their goal is for him to keep ties to Madrid. So buyback is likely. Maybe the Morata-to-Juve terms.

https://twitter.com/MattWiltse4/status/1276530527093301250

Last edited:

Morten

Well, nothing, but the sale itself could help us finance a Mbappe deal, thats all.

Thats all i got, otherwise this doesnt make any sense, unless there is a buy-back.

snowy

He's so fast and versatile on the attack. Why would Real ever let him go that cheap (・・。)ゞ

At 40 mil, Inter would be scoring a real steal [pdp]. That guy is
Perfect fit for Conte who could use either as full B or mid/winger if he sticks with his 3-1-4-2 or tries 3-4-3 / 3-5-2

If Achraf ends up honing his defensive skills in Serie A, his value would easily double within a few years. Guaranteed

El Gato

Villarato!
Cheap sale = cheaper buyback

After the initial disappointment, I actually see some reason here. But it's very disappointing to continue to see fuckall room for meritocracy under Zidane's vision. It either has to be a player who's perfectly cut for Zidane or they're doomed here. No coaching involved.

Rory

Didn't realise Carvajal was only 28, can see why Hakimi would want a move. Carvajal will be starting for 2/3 years

xXKonan

I wonder if Zidane doesn't rate him all that high because he doesn't think he's good enough to fit in a back four.

JamDav1982

Sell to Inter with buy back and hope that Conte can develop him defensively to buy back again in few years.

He wouldnt start ahead of Carvajal and doubt he wants to be a back up when has better options.

khaled_a_d

At 40 mil, Inter would be scoring a real steal [pdp]. That guy is

If Achraf ends up honing his defensive skills in Serie A, his value would easily double within a few years. Guaranteed

1-It is 40+5, in the era of COVID-19
2-He will be one of the most expensive fullbacks in history of football. It is -right now- the cheapest position in football.
3-I highly doubt Hakimi will ever be the most expensive FB in history of football. Right now that record goes to Cancelo with 65, but it was an Arthur/Pjanic type of deal to set up the books, with Danilo going the other way. The next in the line is Mendy for 58M. That is 22M less than yout suggested double. I don't think Hakimi will ever be worth that money.

RM is already getting a great deal, with or without the hypothetical buyback.

Cheap sale = cheaper buyback

Is there is any reports of buyback? Or people making a suggestion here?

El Gato

Villarato!
Is there is any reports of buyback? Or people making a suggestion here?

Other than agent's words that they don't want to cut ties to Madrid whatever happens in this window, not yet. But that in itself would suggest it might be negotiable. Low fee would suggest lower buyback in the region of 60-80 IMO, otherwise RM would surely want more money.

Also negotiations were supposedly in the works since March so it's surely a deal with several conditions if true.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans