Achraf Hakimi

El Flaco

Hakimi wasn't good enough to start ahead of an out-of-form Carvajal last season.

Never mind that Zidane prefered Lucas Vazquez or Nacho as a RB when Carvajal was injured.

Yannik

He seems great going forward but yeah, defensively he is a liability. Seems to be doing okay at Dortmund so far though.

El Trencaxarxes

He's been playing on the left a lot though, and he's been on an absolute tear in that position, assisting four times in six matches. If anything I think Madrid has found a proper backup for Marcelo. Marcelo gets injured a lot too, so I don't think Hakimi will have to look far for minutes. He can cover for both Carvajal and Marcelo, and Marcelo is also not getting any younger. A defensive liability, sure. But let's not pretend that Marcelo is anything but a defensive liability either.

Riordon

Do Dortmund have an option to buy or will he return to Madrid this summer? This guy has become really good, I even prefer him to Trent. IMO the Bundesliga has the two best young fullbacks in Hakimi and Alphonso Davies. Bayern got a true gem in Davies for nothing

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Hakimi has agreed to a move to Inter Milan for 40M. The transfer is almost closed, Real Madrid and Inter are finalizing the final details. [@DiMarzio]

Stumbled across this, take it with a grain of salt - would be hilarious though. I have my doubts about him, but no way in hell would I be happy as a Madrid fan with this. Mendy-Hakimi could be a good balance, but you get the feeling the latter isnt rated by Zidane.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans