Journey of a new barcelona fan (from London)

gsgosal

Hey guys,

After 30 years or as far as back I can remember I always loved Barcelona, but I also supported my home town team Leicester City. My favourite player growing up was Gary Lineker and at the time played for Barcelona. Thats where I was introduced to the great city pre olympics. I continued to follow Barca as my 'second' team because I couldn't afford to visit or watch or access games. Was just a fantasy.

So I followed Leicester's from its division I slide to championship league promotion to premier league promotion and relegation for the last 20+ years. Lots of tears and smiles for all my sins. Then came the amazing premiership title winning season. My dream fulfilled. I knew that was it. Now I can enjoy football once again as I did when I first kicked a football. In a strange way I had paid my dues and now I can walk away free man. Its a weird feeling of supporting a small club.

Fast forward to today, Its time I realise my TRUE fantasy. I took the flight to Barcelona. I visited the Non camp for the first time. I registered as a commitment card member with the lifelong goal of being a committed socio, im so excited in amazement. I learn the culture of catalan, the current independence struggles reminds me of my parents struggles who are from Punjab. THEN I see the first goal by a barca player last night Mina (for Colombia). I get goose bumps. What have i missed all these years. Lots I bet.

Anyway would mean a lot to be accepted on this forum as I learn and share your enthusiasm and support for barca :wave:

més que un club

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

After 30 years or as far as back I can remember I always loved Barcelona, but I also supported my home town team Leicester City. My favourite player growing up was Gary Lineker and at the time played for Barcelona. Thats where I was introduced to the great city pre olympics. I continued to follow Barca as my 'second' team because I couldn't afford to visit or watch or access games. Was just a fantasy.

So I followed Leicester's from its division I slide to championship league promotion to premier league promotion and relegation for the last 20+ years. Lots of tears and smiles for all my sins. Then came the amazing premiership title winning season. My dream fulfilled. I knew that was it. Now I can enjoy football once again as I did when I first kicked a football. In a strange way I had paid my dues and now I can walk away free man. Its a weird feeling of supporting a small club.

Fast forward to today, Its time I realise my TRUE fantasy. I took the flight to Barcelona. I visited the Non camp for the first time. I registered as a commitment card member with the lifelong goal of being a committed socio, im so excited in amazement. I learn the culture of catalan, the current independence struggles reminds me of my parents struggles who are from Punjab. THEN I see the first goal by a barca player last night Mina (for Colombia). I get goose bumps. What have i missed all these years. Lots I bet.

Anyway would mean a lot to be accepted on this forum as I learn and share your enthusiasm and support for barca :wave:

més que un club

Welcome! Another "oldie" like me then. :cheers:

See you on the forum!

Galning

Welcome to the forum! Good to know that you have fulfilled your dreams and nice to see that you are in the process of becoming a soci. Visca el Barça!

Home of Barca Fans