Ante Rebić

Joan

200px-Ante_Rebi%C4%87.jpg

Full name: Ante Rebić
Date of birth: 21 September 1993 (age 24)
Place of birth: Split, Croatia
Height: 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position: Winger
Current team: Eintracht Frankfurt

Ante Rebić is a Croatian professional footballer who plays as a winger for German club Eintracht Frankfurt and the Croatian national team.

He began his senior career at RNK Split, and in 2013 signed for Serie A club Fiorentina for an undisclosed fee. He spent most of his time there out on loan to RB Leipzig, Hellas Verona and Eintracht Frankfurt before joining the latter permanently in 2018 after scoring their goals in their DFB-Pokal victory.

Rebić made his senior international debut for Croatia in 2013, the same year that he was voted Croatian Football Hope of the Year. He represented them at the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and 2018.

More about him: Wiki
Transfermarkt site: transfermarkt (10 m according to them but it lost value long ago)

Interesting player, imo. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but his work rate is extremely high.

He's currently linked to Tottenham for 40 m, his highlights:

[youtube]pGHIQ7yvoxo[/youtube]

[youtube]8uasm4EZKCo[/youtube]

His ex-coach from Frankfurt, Niko Kovač, is currently in charge of Bayern and there are rumors he'd like to take Ante with him.

Seemed one of the best young players this tournament, so here's the thread.

El Gato

Villarato!
King of an idiotic pass. That horrible one-two with Modrić, who was running towards the goal, and Rebić's pass sent Luka away from the goal and to the corner flag, is a definition of the sort of player he is.

Fairly talented, good touch, but no way can he be a member of a serious side.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Put him as possible surprise of the tournament and he's been doing well.

Coming from great season with Eintracht too, I expect he'll have many suitors soon.

After German cup Final, Hummels said that he never played against such an explosive player (or something on that line).

MTL_Barca

I wouldn't call it a "great season" at all, pretty average if you ask me. He collected more yellow cards than goals and nobody was talking about him until they won the cup final.

If they really find an PL club that pays them 30+ mil that would be like winning the lottery imo.

Hard worker, fast but overall not the quality for big clubs, more like midtable PL.

Judoman

This guy reminds me of Mandzukic. The same fighting spirit and work rate and also similar lack of technical skill.

But i would have one of these in my team every time.

blaugrana1987

This guy reminds me of Mandzukic. The same fighting spirit and work rate and also similar lack of technical skill.

He is similar to Mario but he is actually technically good, I think he would really fit Atletico or some counter attacking team. He is temperamental, just like Mandzukic was, but was turned around this year by Niko Kovac. I think he will be fantastic player personally. After Modric and Rakitic, best Croatian player.

BBZ8800

They have the same fighting spirit.
But Mandzukic has a way higher IQ.
Also, Mandzukic was a starter for Bayern and later played for Atletico and Juventus.

In 2018, it is hard to make it in a big club if you severly lack in any department of: technical skills, physique, IQ (or other mental skills).

BBZ8800

Mandzukic way higher iq? Sounds someone else is high too.

Mandzo is not an Einstein, but he is way smarter than Rebic, imo.
I am talking about footballing IQ and decisions on a field, not their interviews and off field this time.

This ended awesome, but honestly, it was too risky and a somewhat dumb attempt.
The ball finished in a net perfectly, but it was a tricky shot and it had huge chances to end over a bar, at 0:0.

Imagine if Messi, Coutinho, Iniesta or others received this gift.
None of them would have blasted this shot right away in such a tricky (and low percentage for a success) attempt like Rebic did.

This time it worked, some other time it will be costly.
Or yesterday when he hesitated with shooting into an empty net and was tackled after that.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Rebic is very one dimensional. Incredibly fast and decent finishing but not much more apart from that. Would be great for Frankfurt to cash in on him after a good WC.

MTL_Barca

Rebic is the prime example of poor decisionmaking and on the other hand he isn't efficient enough to just play as a striker and score his goals. He can fight, has decent technical skills and is fast but overall he will never be good enough to play for a top side.

Mandzukic also had a good Bundesliga season back then with 12 goals 10 assists, Rebic on the other hand wasn't even outstanding for Frankfurt with only 6 goals 3 assists. Nobody in Germany was really talking about him or would link him to top tier clubs until he scored the goal vs a poor Bayern team in the cup final and had some decent WC games.

I'm pretty sure he will at best end up somewhere at Stoke, Watford etc like Shaqiri or Deulofeu in the next years even if a bigger club buys him now.

Last edited:

Judoman

Yeah i doubt he makes it on the top tear level, but on the other hand i wouldn t be too surprised if he ends up in Juve/Atletico. They love mentaly strong guys there.
Deulofeu (or any of the Lamasia rejects) with this guys mentality would be a great sub.

Raketa10

King of an idiotic pass. That horrible one-two with Modrić, who was running towards the goal, and Rebić's pass sent Luka away from the goal and to the corner flag, is a definition of the sort of player he is.

Fairly talented, good touch, but no way can he be a member of a serious side.

And we should judge a player based on ONE pass? :facepalm: I am not saying he is a world class material but he for sure can be a very useful player, and it looks like Bayern is interested in him. He is also for sure one of Croatia best players in this WC.

They have the same fighting spirit.
But Mandzukic has a way higher IQ.
Also, Mandzukic was a starter for Bayern and later played for Atletico and Juventus.

In 2018, it is hard to make it in a big club if you severly lack in any department of: technical skills, physique, IQ (or other mental skills).

They are totality different. Rebic is a winger while Mandjo has played there but it's not his natural position. I agree with you regarding the IQ part.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Very good possibility of Rebić signing for Sevilla. Would be nice to see him in La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans