• No, he should stick it out for another World Cup campaign

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • No, he should stick it out for another Copa America

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Depends on how the Argentinian FA respond

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think he should solely place this decision on how the FA respond. What was clear today was the lack of top European experience of too many Argentinean players and the lack of coaching and organization.

They have the talent, they just left too many of them on the bench or at home this tournament and obviously the Jorge experiment imploded spectacularly. This exit will force change and maybe with a proper coach who has a clear idea and can incorporate the talent they have would maybe give him a reason to think twice.

He’ll be slower but I honestly think he’s going to be close to this level for the next 3-4 years barring any injuries because of how much he has to his game currently.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Yes it is best for him and them to start again and build a young team with more energy.

Can’t disagree with that decision though. The psychologically toll he paid for this gong show is not easy.

Especially this tournament, I’ve known exactly how he feels out there on the pitch. I’ve been on a team when I’m one of the three players who know what to do and the rest are utter shit and it’s extremely frustrating. So I wouldn’t blame him at all for walking away.

shadows

I would disagree...AFA should probably sack everyone else, coach players everyone and probably have him as option going ahead, even if its off the bench.. He can still be valuable considering his talent.. But I think Messi would retire from the NT, I think he personally viewed it as a last chance ..

Mitchell1978

4 years is a long time but they don't seem to have world class talent coming through, i only see further decline from Argentina.
In any case if i was him i wouldn't decide right now, lets see how things play out, take a break from the NT for now to focuss on Barcelona this season and then decide before the Copa America or something, no qualifiers anyway the coming season.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hold on until the next WC and pray for Simeone to arrive with a lot of changes combined with up and coming talents influencing this troubled national team in a positive way.

Givenchy

yup, retire and focus on Barca. im biased though as i don't really give a shit about Argentina as a national team

Blaugranaa

I think he should continue but in a less important role. He doesn't need more pressure on his shoulders. He need to play freely and part of a new system that doesn't depend on him. His powers will never reach the same as earlier so if he still love his country he should just play until he can't anymore.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He really should. His era with Argentina is over, it is time for him to step out and let them figure things out themselves, for better or for worse.

He should focus his last several years on us.

likeafire

No. Win a Copa America then retire. Sampaoli is gone now so maybe they'll get someone who can actually organise this team and play the right players.

dakt

Go for another Copa and possibly next WC. He deserves that, but without the "he should carry us to glory" BS.

FCBfan22

He should still play at least at Copa America. But as a more of supporting player not the centerpiece.

Argies need to learn how to score without Messi on the pitch.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Won’t retire before he wins something with Argentina. Reading that he said so himself.

Home of Barca Fans