Thiago or Pjanic?

• Thiago

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • Pjanic

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

khaled_a_d

None of them, and probably would pass on signing a midfielder this summer with the way things going.

I mean is this really the options we have? a 27 years old player who was never a key figure in his team and injury prone -in the most player friendly league- who left us before? A 28 year old midfielder playing in Juve who isn't that sure thing to succeed here? whom Juve doesn't want to sell and it will be a pain to try get him?

We signed Coutinho to be Iniesta's replacement not to be Neymar's replacement. Raki has been great this past year and we play 442 under EV
I understand that both Raki and EV are hated in this board but they are going nowhere this summer, we are still the best team in the league and we have a chance of internally improving with Dembele and Coutinho taking next step (to compensate for some player's taking step back during age). CL is crap shot anyway.

I don't see anyone in the market who would transform our midfield immediately, I would prefer to stand still over paying 60-80M for a player who won't improve much and likely will have to replace sooner than most expects.

Exception would be if EV decided that Suarez need to be benched and we turn back with 433, want frontline of Coutinho Messi Dembele and feel that Eriksen is perfect fit for midfield spot. But those are a lot of Ifs right there

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
None of them, and probably would pass on signing a midfielder this summer with the way things going.

I mean is this really the options we have? a 27 years old player who was never a key figure in his team and injury prone -in the most player friendly league- who left us before? A 28 year old midfielder playing in Juve who isn't that sure thing to succeed here? whom Juve doesn't want to sell and it will be a pain to try get him?

We signed Coutinho to be Iniesta's replacement not to be Neymar's replacement. Raki has been great this past year and we play 442 under EV
I understand that both Raki and EV are hated in this board but they are going nowhere this summer, we are still the best team in the league and we have a chance of internally improving with Dembele and Coutinho taking next step (to compensate for some player's taking step back during age). CL is crap shot anyway.

I don't see anyone in the market who would transform our midfield immediately, I would prefer to stand still over paying 60-80M for a player who won't improve much and likely will have to replace sooner than most expects.

Exception would be if EV decided that Suarez need to be benched and we turn back with 433, want frontline of Coutinho Messi Dembele and feel that Eriksen is perfect fit for midfield spot. But those are a lot of Ifs right there

Pretty much what I think too. Maybe better to wait for Arthur and give Alena more minutes.

vlad

Agree with kaleed, pjanic isnt much improvment over rakitic and barca cant rely on player who is so much injurie prone

Jägermeister

Since it should be the manager who decides what system he wants to play, he should also choose the players we sign. We don‘t know Valverde‘s plans so we really can‘t judge who of the two should be signed, if any.

Andresito

Staff member
Of the two, Thiago.

Although I'm not so sure he's the piece we've been missing in the CL quarter finals.

Raketa10

Another year without midfield reinforcement?!?! And with Iniesta gone? Sorry my friend but no way we should allow that. It would be a huge mistake.

khaled_a_d

Another year without midfield reinforcement?!?! And with Iniesta gone? Sorry my friend but no way we should allow that. It would be a huge mistake.

We have signed a midfielder in last transfer window, another one is arriving next January. And we already bought Iniesta replacement.
Sorry my friend, but there is no urgent need for midfielder as people are making it. And hence I would only buy a midfielder is he has almost 100% chance of being a huge success, I don't see anyone in the market that fill that role

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You think that way and we'll never be able to sign any midfielder again. The only two 100% guaranteed successes are Kroos and Modric.

So are we going to wait years before we sign a midfielder again so we can get the perfect one?

There is no way in hell we are going to win the CL with Valverde's sterile 4-4-2 so if that's what people want it's okay I guess. Same people will be blaming Messi in a year when we get knocked out in the CL again while hyping Rakitic up to be the next Pirlo for his beautiful long passes and backpasses to Busquets playing as nothing more than a glorified DM.

Last edited:

Raketa10

We have signed a midfielder in last transfer window, another one is arriving next January. And we already bought Iniesta replacement.
Sorry my friend, but there is no urgent need for midfielder as people are making it. And hence I would only buy a midfielder is he has almost 100% chance of being a huge success, I don't see anyone in the market that fill that role

Paulinho is definitely not a CM player and even EV said that Coutinho is more an attacker than AM player. Regarding Arthur we have no idea if he is going to succed here or end up like Mina or Marlon. We need an experienced midfielder who can immediately improve our squad. IMHO this should be No.1 priority.

Home of Barca Fans