Barca-related Open Thread

Vilarrubi

Barca twitter in a nutshell.

[tw]1116207012428251138?s=20[/tw]

lol what a fan. Classic 2009-onwards internet barca fan.

Gotta say if we don’t win it then Ajax would be my 2nd pick for sure... but that’s completely different to what he’s saying.

Messi983

lol what a fan. Classic 2009-onwards internet barca fan.

Gotta say if we don’t win it then Ajax would be my 2nd pick for sure... but that’s completely different to what he’s saying.

At least he doesn't want City to win it. Well, maybe he does, I didn't go through his tweets. :lol:

I wonder how many of those so called "Cruyffistas" have even followed Barça before 2008. Can't imagine these "new-era" fans being excited about a goal that guaranteed us a 4th place in La Liga. That Rivaldo goal is still ony of my top 3/5 moments as a Barça fan. Belletti's goal in Paris final was great too because it was the first time we won the CL when I was a fan. There were many good moments in Pep era (especially 2-6 and 5-0 in Classicos) but there was not one single moment where I would be as excited as I was during Rivaldo's or Belleti's goal. Looking back now most of our La Liga home matches in Pep's time were acutally boring because we were up 3 or 4 goals after 20-30 minutes and then just passed the ball around for the rest of the games. Nowadays we can enjoy more intense and interesting games until the end.:rockon:

Alik

That account has 191 followers and that post has 75 likes.

Can't caption that "Barca twitter in a nutshell" as if it was representative of anything.

Joan

That account has 191 followers and that post has 75 likes.

Can't caption that "Barca twitter in a nutshell" as if it was representative of anything.

Doesn't say that account is representative of anything.

Aims at the message.

Now I can agree that it might not be correct. :lol:

MagIX

This year, I repeat this year, I do not give a shit about playing magnificent for winning, really i do not give absolutely a shit ! I want simply the CL. Stop.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
At least he doesn't want City to win it. Well, maybe he does, I didn't go through his tweets. :lol:

I wonder how many of those so called "Cruyffistas" have even followed Barça before 2008. Can't imagine these "new-era" fans being excited about a goal that guaranteed us a 4th place in La Liga. That Rivaldo goal is still ony of my top 3/5 moments as a Barça fan. Belletti's goal in Paris final was great too because it was the first time we won the CL when I was a fan. There were many good moments in Pep era (especially 2-6 and 5-0 in Classicos) but there was not one single moment where I would be as excited as I was during Rivaldo's or Belleti's goal. Looking back now most of our La Liga home matches in Pep's time were acutally boring because we were up 3 or 4 goals after 20-30 minutes and then just passed the ball around for the rest of the games. Nowadays we can enjoy more intense and interesting games until the end.:rockon:

How about
giphy.gif

At the end of the day majority of the humans love nostalgia more than sex

fergus90

For me also, NOTHING beats Belletti's goal.
14 years of waiting and misery and for majority of us that was the first time when we have actually WITNESSED Barca winning a CL.

I can remember how great it was just to win La Liga the season before. But yeah that Champions League final was amazing.

BBZ8800

I can remember how great it was just to win La Liga the season before. But yeah that Champions League final was amazing.

Yes.
Imo, fans are spoiled today.
They wine how EV's team plays boring, fan's favorite Malcom is not playing enough and another favorite, Arthur, gets subbed in the 60th minute.

First world problems...

Imagine being a fan in 90s and pre-Pep:
1995: La Liga: Real
1996: Atletico
1997: Real
1998: Barca, Van Gaal
REAL WON A CL
1999: Barca, Van Gaal
2000: Deportivo
REAL WON A CL
2001: Real
2002: Valencia
REAL WON A CL
2003: Real
2004: Valencia

Then, imagine 2004/05 Season:
1. Barca hasn't won La Liga for 5 years
2. Barca hasn't won a CL for 13 years
3. In the last 5 years since Barca won the last title:
Real won 3 CLs and 2 La Ligas
Valencia won 2 La Ligas and played 2 CL finals
Deportivo won 1 La Liga

Barca finished 2nd, 4th, 4th, 6th and 2nd in those 5 years and without any Champions league success.
Do you think that anyone back then cared about not too much off the ball movement, Malcom riding the bench and Arthur being subbed in the 60th minute?

To some extent, to me it is a no wonder that majority of guys who followed Barca back then are not mad at Valverde currently.
Joan, Messi983, Khaled, TrickyKid, me and other EV's defenders are all older fans.
There are some older fans who hate EV, but imo, my estimation, 90% of younger fans who started follow Barca since Messi or since Pep=are somewhat spoiled and angry.
While among older guys who were fans during misery days of 90s and early 00s, EV's era is a huge success, inspite of a defensive football, Malcom and Arthur 😉

Vilarrubi

For me also, NOTHING beats Belletti's goal.
14 years of waiting and misery and for majority of us that was the first time when we have actually WITNESSED Barca winning a CL.

Forever thankful for Larsson. Best substitution in the history of the CL?

George_Costanza

To some extent, to me it is a no wonder that majority of guys who followed Barca back then are not mad at Valverde currently.
Joan, Messi983, Khaled, TrickyKid, me and other EV's defenders are all older fans.

I bet me and Bojan were fans before you and the people you have listed. It's also amazing people who claim they are true fans pre Pep era are the ones for glory and are only interested in trophies without any other emotional investment, or don't question individuals such as players or coaches and think they are bigger than any critisism.

I was traveling to Japan in December and went to the countryside, to my surprise a Japanese guy who was next to me on the train was wearing West-Ham United jersey and was curious to ask him about his jersey. He spoke good English, apparently, he is a big fan of the club, gave me history/background of West-Ham United and why he is a big fan of them, never mentioned trophies was part of his decision to be a fan.

Very disappointed to see some people follow Barcelona for trophies only, Barcelona is more than just league titles.

Xtroverto

Yes.
Imo, fans are spoiled today.
They wine how EV's team plays boring, fan's favorite Malcom is not playing enough and another favorite, Arthur, gets subbed in the 60th minute.

First world problems...

Imagine being a fan in 90s and pre-Pep:
1995: La Liga: Real
1996: Atletico
1997: Real
1998: Barca, Van Gaal
REAL WON A CL
1999: Barca, Van Gaal
2000: Deportivo
REAL WON A CL
2001: Real
2002: Valencia
REAL WON A CL
2003: Real
2004: Valencia

Then, imagine 2004/05 Season:
1. Barca hasn't won La Liga for 5 years
2. Barca hasn't won a CL for 13 years
3. In the last 5 years since Barca won the last title:
Real won 3 CLs and 2 La Ligas
Valencia won 2 La Ligas and played 2 CL finals
Deportivo won 1 La Liga

Barca finished 2nd, 4th, 4th, 6th and 2nd in those 5 years and without any Champions league success.
Do you think that anyone back then cared about not too much off the ball movement, Malcom riding the bench and Arthur being subbed in the 60th minute?

There are some older fans who hate EV, but imo, my estimation, 90% of younger fans who started follow Barca since Messi or since Pep=are somewhat spoiled and angry.
While among older guys who were fans during misery days of 90s and early 00s, EV's era is a huge success, inspite of a defensive football, Malcom and Arthur ��

This is not entirely true, as long as the club has existed there has always been a debate about how Barcelona should play, managers in the past have been sacked for playing unattractive football. The prime example would be Helenio Herrera who until Pep Guardiola appeard had the best stats of any manager in the history of the club, he was heavily criticised for playing booring even though Barsa won 2 leagues, ahead of the best Real Madrid that has ever existed. Another example would be Bobby Robson who was heavily criticised for playing booring football, in fact he himself said it was at times insane refering to an episode when they won 6-1 away and the headline in the newspaper the next day was FC Barcelona won 6-1 without playing football.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans