Barca-related Open Thread

Joan

Yes, the point is they can snub us but they can't snub everyone. Eventually they will have to sell their best players to other clubs as they can't retain them.

So in the end the joke is on Overmars and Ajax.

Why? They managed to keep them this summer. That's good enough for a selling club they are.

khaled_a_d

The only things that will hurt Ajax is
i-Some of their players lose their value after medicore season.
ii-Players start to realize it is better to do like J.Kluivert and decide not to sign long term contracts and force their way to the clubs they want. But Kluivert came from rich family and could afford to be under bad contract for a season rather than signing an improved contract

PhilS

This next stretch of games, from this international break to the next one, must rotate. Two games every week, there should be rotation every game. It's time to exploit the depth.

I hope the rotations start with the Real Sociedad game, a few of the internationals should start this one on the bench. When you've got talent like Arthur, Vidal, Lenglet, Semedo and Malcolm, there is absolutely no reason to overuse the players ahead of them this early in the season.

vinni

This next stretch of games, from this international break to the next one, must rotate. Two games every week, there should be rotation every game. It's time to exploit the depth.

I hope the rotations start with the Real Sociedad game, a few of the internationals should start this one on the bench. When you've got talent like Arthur, Vidal, Lenglet, Semedo and Malcolm, there is absolutely no reason to overuse the players ahead of them this early in the season.

I would prefer we start our best line up against Real Sociedad. We have a bad away record against them. Our fixtures for September looks like this:

barca_schedule.jpg

From what i can see we just need to go full force against Sociedad, Totenham and perhaps Athletic. The rest of the matches are well suited to rotate in.

Anyway, i can't wait til saturday! Finally a match again :barcaflag:

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Good.

For political reasons no doubt, can't let the Catalan derby raise awareness for the independence movement.

clemente

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSKdYSsez_o

I wonder what would Messi do if we had a fitness coach like that, it makes sense now how Costa was fat and incredibly unfit when he left Chelsea and got into a great form so quickly when joined Atletic.
Why tf we have 2 fitness coaches and 1 conditioning coach and we can't keep up with fast paced teams and we cover less distance than our opponents in literally EVERY single game last 3 seasons.

Last edited:

PhilS

Messi made big strides in his fitness a few seasons back, he changed his diet a lot. Since he likes to play all of every single game, he learned how to be quite scientific in his approach to fitness. Messi stays on the field after practice ends, and he stays in shape even in the off season. Although his work ethic is as good as it gets, like most explosive athletes, his endurance cannot match that of players whose body types are better suited to endurance. On the Barca squad, Roberto, Rakitic, Alba and formerly Alves all have remarkable endurance.

Barca has been supremely successful in the second half of games this year. After the opponents tire out. Because Barca makes them work so hard on defense. Because Barca does not have to run as much, because of ball possession.

khaled_a_d

It seems this year player are allowed more to shoot from outside, Cou,Raki,Roberto among others are all doing it

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Catalan press more focused on Madrid loss and new signings than terrible football we are showing and our own fiasco at last placed team of the league. Fans don't push them, press don't push them, Valverde is too nice, Bartomeu trying to please everyone.
How on earth will these players get a message that this is unacceptable? Sweep everything under the carpet and hold nobody accountable. And yes, I am looking at captains here too.

Home of Barca Fans