Victor Font

Birdy

What if the project was a failure? what if one part of the project was a failure? The guy is just way too idealistic (in a bad way) and that isn't really good sign

That possibility applies to all candidates, as we cannot know the future in advance.
It' unfair to criticize the only candidate actually having a project with the possibility that the project might end up failing.

As for Xavi, I understand he has a commitment as they collaborated on this.
Koeman IMO could be fully respected without any need to alter any of the basic tenets of his program, other than not having Xavi above him.

Klysmakabouter

Font is just pandering to the socios, he has no plan. he sounds like a total nutjob tbh. What is exactly his project, apart from his Xavi (for now, an unexperienced and unqualified manager) worship?

If he wants Xavi in so bad, why not make him Koemans assistent? If Koeman keeps getting results, which remains to be seen, Xavi can take over from Koeman in a year or 2. Sounds like Font allready made promisses to Xavi, which is a stupid thing to do.

Last edited:

Alik

Font is just pandering to the socios, he has no plan. he sounds like a total nutjob tbh. What is exactly his project, apart from his Xavi (for now, an unexperienced and unqualified manager) worship?

If he wants Xavi in so bad, why not make him Koemans assistent? If Koeman keeps getting results, which remains to be seen, Xavi can take over from Koeman in a year or 2. Sounds like Font allready made promisses to Xavi, which is a stupid thing to do.

Font has shared more of his plan than any other candidate. Who would you vote for and what is his plan?

Birdy

You clearly have never listened to anything Font has been saying at least the last 2 years.
He is the only one presenting a plan. You can criticize it of course, but saying he has no plan means you are biased and ignorant.

Klysmakabouter

You clearly have never listened to anything Font has been saying at least the last 2 years.
He is the only one presenting a plan. You can criticize it of course, but saying he has no plan means you are biased and ignorant.

Tbf, I was exagerating.

As far as I know his plan boils down to:
-Xavi as manager
-Advisory boards, consisting of experts, for different vital subjects, decision-making will be done based on a voting system.

To me, this hardly sounds like a plan. Apart from this, I haven?t found any new or revolutionary different ideas. Or any information on how these ?experts? are chosen, for that matter. Not biased though, I would love to learn if I oversimplify things or are unaware of other plans.

For me personally, the idea of democratic decision-making at a professional top club sounds ludacris. Even a presidential appointment should be made without voting. Why? Most people are idiots.

serghei

Font is pandering indeed. It doesn't matter if Xavi is a success or not, the presidency needs to be above the manager and have a vision and a program that doesn't depend on one name.

It seems like the plan of Font is Xavi. Not a vision that Xavi shares, but Xavi himself.

Porque

Font is pandering indeed. It doesn't matter if Xavi is a success or not, the presidency needs to be above the manager and have a vision and a program that doesn't depend on one name.

It seems like the plan of Font is Xavi. Not a vision that Xavi shares, but Xavi himself.

Yes, if Koeman is successful this term then what difference does it make to start with Xavi or with Koeman. The president is installing a system and structure. Being Xavi or nothing, makes it become incredibly dogmatic.

Xavi could enter at Barcelona B, either next season or after, and then be there if/when Koeman exits.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
38iqvl.png

Ascom

He has a plan but it's quite stunning how everything depends on Xavi? What if Xavi fails hard?

It was ridiculous the other day someone asked him about the future of Koeman because of his previous declarations and he was like ''oh Xavi told me Koeman can continue for now'' Wtf? Why doesn't Xavi goes to debates?

I won't mind if he is elected because at least he is surrounding of the right people at least and has good ideas for the future of Bar?a but i'm sticking with Laporta.

Alik

He has a plan but it's quite stunning how everything depends on Xavi? What if Xavi fails hard?

It was ridiculous the other day someone asked him about the future of Koeman because of his previous declarations and he was like ''oh Xavi told me Koeman can continue for now'' Wtf? Why doesn't Xavi goes to debates?

I won't mind if he is elected because at least he is surrounding of the right people at least and has good ideas for the future of Bar?a but i'm sticking with Laporta.

Laporta is not even an official candidate yet. What are his plans?

Andresito

Staff member
Latest from Font:

"It is ruled out that I and Joan Laporta go to the elections together."

"Without doubt, the first priority will be to renew Messi's contract. We have to convince him that there is an exciting and winning project."

And of course, XAVI is mentioned
"Xavi can assume different roles at the club. After what happened with Guardiola, we want to ensure that such talent stays at the club for many years."

Home of Barca Fans