Victor Font

Richard.H

Latest from Font:

And of course, XAVI is mentioned

Please, please no. Keeping Messi? Xavi can assume different roles? Bitch stfu. Messi needs to make room for the young crop and I don't want to see Xavi until he's fully ready. This fuker sounds like a hyper cruyffista who will value possession over winning.

Birdy

Renewing Messi is sth that should not happen.
But it's sth i bet Laporta would also want to do. It's politics to please fans

Devils

What we know about Font's plans as president: XAVI

What he don't know about Font's plan as president: Everything else

smhhhhhhhh

Alik

What we know about Font's plans as president: XAVI

What he don't know about Font's plan as president: Everything else

smhhhhhhhh

Who would you vote for and what are his plans?

Font has share much more than anyone else, and it hasn't all been Xavi. That's just what people decide to quote.

PS: Laporta hasn't even announced his candidacy yet, let alone shared his any of his plans.

Devils

Font has share much more than anyone else, and it hasn't all been Xavi. That's just what people decide to quote.

PS: Laporta hasn't even announced his candidacy yet, let alone shared his any of his plans.

Yes, but at the same time, nobody else has done 100 interviews with Barcelona media or has marketed themselves over social networks as near as much as this guy and we've been hearing from this guy for nearly 2 years now.

He has to provide something more a this point. He's been going on about how he's been planning for YEARS and has all the plans for a project in place but we know very little regarding regarding topics like sporting, economics, stadium, personnel (except XAVI) etc...

Last edited:

Birdy

Don't tell that to anti-Font cules.
You are spoiling their distorted view of reality

fergus90

I don?t see the problem with Font. He?s continuously said that a board needs competent people with footballing knowledge. Xavi, Puyol etc all formed part of the greatest Barca side in history. I?d much rather a president that trusts them to make decisions than reshape the board every season to deflect blame on himself.

Give me the likes of Xavi, Puyol in the boardroom and part of the club like Font is saying than Fernandez, Abidal, Segura, Planes etc we had under the previous management.

Bayern has Kahn, Salihamidzic, Rummenigge all Bayern legends as part of their club, we were successful when Cruyff was advisor with Guardiola.

Ajax continuously trusts former legends to make footballing decisions who have a big history with their club.

Last edited:

serghei

Renewing Messi is sth that should not happen.
But it's sth i bet Laporta would also want to do. It's politics to please fans

Well, if that's what they will do, try to please fans at the expense of the club's finances and future, they are already starting on the wrong foot no matter who it is that wins the elections.

Birdy

Well, if that's what they will do, try to please fans at the expense of the club's finances and future, they are already starting on the wrong foot no matter who it is that wins the elections.

Font is not a politician, and it's sth I like in him.
But this move is also symbolic because Messi is Barca etc.
And I understand and approve the need to honor him for what he has done for the club.
But only on realistic grounds: which means less money and accepting a subordinate role in the next few years.

Joan

Ajax continuously trusts former legends to make footballing decisions who have a big history with their club.

Not a path we'd like fo follow, right?

Trusting legends can, but doesn't have to be the right way forward. Depends on the legends. Rummenigge is a skilled executive any club would love to have, Abidal wasn't.

Nontheless, I have always thought Barca cherished the past way too much when it came down to the future. Ideas age. Just like poeple do.

On the other hand, Font sounds like a typical populist.

Last edited:

Alik

Not a path we'd like fo follow, right?

Trusting legends can, but doesn't have to be the right way forward. Depends on the legends. Rummenigge is a skilled executive any club would love to have, Abidal wasn't.

Nontheless, I have always thought Barca cherished the past way too much when it came down to the future. Ideas age. Just like poeple do.

On the other hand, Font sounds like a typical populist.

Look who's back.

Home of Barca Fans