Victor Font

fergus90

He probably is, if not he's reading at least Twitter.

Pandering to the lowest common denominator is going to burn him in the end.

His rhetoric will get old and stale very quickly. His lack of actual insights and vision other than "Cruyff and La Masia good, Barto bad" will come to light in short order and thankfully the socis are smarter than the average plastic fan that don't know our anthem or any chants.

Out of curiosity do you feel Bartomeu's Barca is a success? As I struggle to see what model they actually have other than over reliance on Messi and an aging core that never seems to get addressed. I'm genuinely curious, as predominantly i am a Villa fan so I guess I don't follow day-to-day like most fans on here, however I have followed Barca since 98 and I feel the club has somewhat lost a lot of what made it successful. It's like the club had baron times, then found a model and formula that worked only to destroy it again somewhat.

MTL_Barca

He probably is, if not he's reading at least Twitter.

His rhetoric will get old and stale very quickly. His lack of actual insights and vision other than "Cruyff and La Masia good, Barto bad" will come to light in short order and thankfully the socis are smarter than the average plastic fan that don't know our anthem or any chants.

And whats Bartomeus vision? And how did his insight and vision result in the current squad, Valverde and their back to back CL embarrassments?

pepi

he probably is, if not he's reading at least twitter.

His rhetoric will get old and stale very quickly. His lack of actual insights and vision other than "cruyff and la masia good, barto bad" will come to light in short order and thankfully the socis are smarter than the average plastic fan that don't know our anthem or any chants.

ban this guy

cro-man

Víctor Font (Barça presidential candidate) on Twitter: "There is a pre-agreement with the player (Griezmann) in February, but no financial capability to sign him now. And you want Neymar as well? If the club is in good shape, why the loans?"

khaled_a_d

I remember when people here thought that club legends will support him and help him to win elections.
Now, Puyol worked with Barto's board, Abidal is sporting director, VV was Juvenile A coach and now Xavi is gonna be first team coach.
Any of those speaking will have little impact. People really expect unrealistic stuff from former players and thinking they are some sort of heroes.

Andrew M

I remember when people here thought that club legends will support him and help him to win elections.
Now, Puyol worked with Barto's board, Abidal is sporting director, VV was Juvenile A coach and now Xavi is gonna be first team coach.
Any of those speaking will have little impact. People really expect unrealistic stuff from former players and thinking they are some sort of heroes.

We're talking about a football club. Barto is not a threat to society after all.

Tackle

Victor Font was on the Football Daily podcast with Guillem Balague yesterday if anyone is interested...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08kzm7p

Thank you, good share.

Don't like that he is openly promising Xavi as coach. Doesn't make sense logistically to go that far. Don't box yourself into a corner. Who knows what coaches might be available in a year and whether Xavi would even want to come under a new board while Leo, Busi, Pique etc. are still here.

It is good that he realizes that Coutinho and Griezmann play in the same role Leo. So a little more foresight than Barto in that regard.

mc_lovin

Hes just so fickle... like the worst users here or the twitter mob. Its perfectly understandable why the socios dislike him.

I would honestly take Bartomeus successor over him. Or Laporta, who doesnt seem very professional anymore (or ever).

Tackle

The more I listen to him the more I feel he is the Setien of Barca presidency candidates

Who else is running and whom do you think would do the best job? Heard that he's the only candidate that has declared for the election so far, is that true?

Not been following this race very closely. Agree that Font sounds incredibly naive and idealistic with zero experience. It probably comes back to bite him and us as a club if he wins.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans