Victor Font

Devils

EvFO5MuXIAAT6Vq

Xavi will be working under Laporta too.

Laporta gutted this man like a fish.

:wow:

Bobo32

If Font demanded exclusivity from Xavi, or if Xavi was considering something like that, my trust in either of them would be much lower.

I have very little insight and have only followed it from afar, but I think Font might be the safer and better option for Barcelona right now.
Laporta had his time, which of course should've been much longer, but now I don't know. I think the club needs to consider how people like Rosell and Bartomeu got to lead the club for 10 years? Font seems more concerned to change some of these core things, putting the club in such a position.
I don't know if it really was 4dchess from Laporta back then, but Beckham and Mourinho wouldn't have been great. I think he was very lucky in some key moments, would he still be lucky in 2021?

khaled_a_d

I think he was very lucky in some key moments, would he still be lucky in 2021?

Every team, or organization that succeeds, always need luck beside them tbh
Laporta had plenty for sure, but his main success was due to trusting the right people to make those decisions. There is a reason he is the only president in club history to win CL at the 3 major sports (BB,Handball and football) and the only one with multiple CL title in football.
Luck is one of the reasons, but it wasn't just luck.

Birdy

But he was lucky...
FAiling to reach your 1st target, and your 2nd being proven eventually far better than the first?
That's pure luck. That's what happened with Ronaldinho instead of Becham, and Pep instead of Mourinho.
He was lucky also that the golden generation of La Masia happened to peak around his time.

Then, he was more lucky at a deeper level: He could not have predicted the tremendous impact of some people:
eg Ronaldinho: he knew he was promising and flashy, could not have predicted his impact between 04-06
eg Pep: he knew he is a young promising coach working o Cruyff's philosophy. He could not have predicted that he is best coach in the last 30 years of football in the making.

When big part of you success is based luck rather than planning/execution, then you should not boast so much.
He is taking far more credit for 2003-2010 than what he should.

Messigician

Salty fucker

Victor Font: "Laporta has not submitted a role distribution chart; he has not explained how he will carry out his project. He is accompanied by several people, but he has said nothing."

xxxxxx

Font is absolutely right about Laporta. He hasn't got a sporting project, he's just relying on past players to help his case.

xxxxxx

But he was lucky...
FAiling to reach your 1st target, and your 2nd being proven eventually far better than the first?
That's pure luck. That's what happened with Ronaldinho instead of Becham, and Pep instead of Mourinho.
He was lucky also that the golden generation of La Masia happened to peak around his time.

Then, he was more lucky at a deeper level: He could not have predicted the tremendous impact of some people:
eg Ronaldinho: he knew he was promising and flashy, could not have predicted his impact between 04-06
eg Pep: he knew he is a young promising coach working o Cruyff's philosophy. He could not have predicted that he is best coach in the last 30 years of football in the making.

When big part of you success is based luck rather than planning/execution, then you should not boast so much.
He is taking far more credit for 2003-2010 than what he should.

I said this the other day and got bashed for it.

He was lucky to have players like Puyol, Pique, Valdes, Cesc, Messi, Iniesta and Xavi in the same generation. It's very lucky and rare to get that amount of talent from your youth system. He then got lucky with Pep being such a good manager. Who is to say what he'll do with an average squad with barely any depth and no money. As you said, he got lucky he got talented players like Ronaldinho and Henry for so cheap. Those players today would easily be worth 80m to 100m plus. He's been out of the game for over 10 years and it's a totally different market to what it was 11 years ago.

I honestly don't trust Font or Laporta. I think getting Laporta back is going to end in disaster. I think he'll end up panic buying players and putting us in even more debt.

Last edited:

TheStig

Font is absolutely right about Laporta. He hasn't got a sporting project, he's just relying on past players to help his case.

What is Font's sporting project? What does that even mean?

Isn't mentoning Xavi and Jordi "relying on past players to help his case"?

Alik

Mentioning Pique too, until the latter told him to take it back.

Xavi also distanced himself from Font.

xxxxxx

I'm not saying he has much of a sporting project.... just he's at least gone into detail about how he's going to do things. Laporta hasn't done any of that. Laporta is saying the typical stuff a Barcelona candidate would say so he gets elected...... but he's not really going into detail about how he's going to do it.

I don't really want Font either. As I said, he doesn't really have much of a plan himself. But, at least he's trying to explain his plan.

Vilarrubi

:lol:

Rumour has it Font still sleeps in bed sheets with Xavi printed on them he bought from Camp Nou shop in 09/10 season.

TheStig

I'm not saying he has much of a sporting project.... just he's at least gone into detail about how he's going to do things. Laporta hasn't done any of that. Laporta is saying the typical stuff a Barcelona candidate would say so he gets elected...... but he's not really going into detail about how he's going to do it.

I don't really want Font either. As I said, he doesn't really have much of a plan himself. But, at least he's trying to explain his plan.

You want Freixa?

Messigician

What would you tell Messi if he was in front of you right now?

Laporta: "Leo, I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse."

Font: "Leo, I'm convinced that our way together will be long."

Freixa: "Leo, the player I have most enjoyed watching. Whatever happens, thank you."

Home of Barca Fans