Victor Font

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am officially on the Font hype train. Looking forward to getting my membership just in time before the 2021 election so I can vote for him.

Don’t screw up, Victor.

abbbs97

I think with Font, we will see Pep back as manager. His contract with City ends in 2021 so its perfect timing.
Pep managing Messi's last years + De Jong, Dembele and Arthur would be amazing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think with Font, we will see Pep back as manager. His contract with City ends in 2021 so its perfect timing.
Pep managing Messi's last years + De Jong, Dembele and Arthur would be amazing.

I think Pep said he would never coach our first team again, no matter who is in charge of the club. But, never say never, I just think it is unlikely.

I think he has good eyes for talents and it would be great if he is in charge of La Masia and the overall development of the youth side, if he doesn't want to coach the first team again.

abbbs97

I think Pep said he would never coach our first team again, no matter who is in charge of the club. But, never say never, I just think it is unlikely.

I think he has good eyes for talents and it would be great if he is in charge of La Masia and the overall development of the youth side, if he doesn't want to coach the first team again.

He did say that he wants to return to Barca to coach the youth teams.
I feel like Pep only said that he would never coach us again cause of Barto + Rosell in the board. With a new board and president fully backing him, I can definitely see him changing his mind. Well, whatever his position in the club, it will be of huge benefit to us.

serghei

This guy is on the money so far. He needs to win.

If we get rid of the dinosaurs maybe there's a slim chance Pep comes back.

Messigician

Reading his interview, just wow! Spot on in everything. It's like he is reading this forum lol

Hmmm I am not that convinced. People will say anything to be elected, I remember when Rosell was meant to fix everything Laporta did wrong. It is one thing to talk it is another to act.

These quotes sound too opportunistic for my liking, which instantly stirs a bit of distrust in me. Finding faults and offering no solutions. If only Barto would hire Poch or a great manager I wouldn't mind him staying a while.

George_Costanza

what's wrong with being opportunistic? You guys don't have elections in your country? Bad and good politicians have to be opportunistic. Although I don't see how this De Ligt related comment is being opportunistic if the player ends up joining Barcelona.

MTL_Barca

He obviously won't praise the board and will talk about things people want to hear aka Xavi, la masia, Cruyff style etc but then again the current path Bartos board is taking with Valverde staying, rumors about Griezmann/Neymar etc it's not very hard to please the people with promises.

According to Barto Valverde "excellently represents the FC Barcelona values and our way of understanding football", that's not making things difficult for the other candidates :lol:

If Font could do all these things is a different story, but at least he seems to be working on a real project and is not half assing it like Laporta the last time or just trying to get a vote of no confidence going like Benedito.

Last edited:

Tackle

Reading his interview, just wow! Spot on in everything. It's like he is reading this forum lol

He probably is, if not he's reading at least Twitter.

Pandering to the lowest common denominator is going to burn him in the end.

His rhetoric will get old and stale very quickly. His lack of actual insights and vision other than "Cruyff and La Masia good, Barto bad" will come to light in short order and thankfully the socis are smarter than the average plastic fan that don't know our anthem or any chants.

Home of Barca Fans