Victor Font

Sailor Mars

What happened with Benedito? He was a "hot" candidate in previous elections but didn't hear much about him since.

Benedito is a fraud. His claim in the 2015 elections of having an 80 mil per year sponsorship with some shady energy drink company called Flight Without Wings should bar him from running for presidency ever again.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This is club election, not the parliament. 2 months is way too long actually
Bartou resigned 27th of October, less than 1 month ago.
The election date was decided few days ago too.
I mean, even the one saying he had been preparing for this for 2 centuries has just started to announce some of his running mates that aren't called Xavi.

If Laporta is just saying some generalities with no names, then yes he is late.
If he is announcing his team,and who is with him (or at least some important figures) then he is in same timelines of every one else.

Do you expect folks to agree being with one candidate before knowing when the elections will be?

fair enough.

Birdy

Just in:

@HagridFCB 52m
Victor Font told @rac1
: ?From day one, if we govern, we will apply the structure we worked on & would do it with Koeman as coach. The changes would give stability to the club and, already with our organization chart, we would start working on the following season? #ElectionsFCB

If he is being honest here and sticks to that statement,
then the only plus that Laporta would have had immediately vanishes.

PS: He said a few more things, like:

Font: "Neymar does not have a place at Bar?a. He could fit in from a sporting point of view, but financially Bar?a cannot afford it; institutionally, he abandoned us a few days before the start of a season and is in litigation with Bar?a."
Font: "We want to get the endorsements of the Estatuts. It is an old law and it does more harm than good. We will also propose to change the terms of 6 to 4 years."
Font: "Pact with Laporta? I think not because we propose different club models. He believes that the model he implemented in 2003 is still valid, and we want to push for a modernization of the club and for the socis to be more involved."
Font: "If there is a way out, we do not rule out signing if we are elected. On the other hand, we will do a full audit to see where the club is and we want to explain it to the members. If there is a crime committed by someone in particular, we will demand responsibilities."

Whatever you think about his flaws, this guy is gold compared to the other candidates

Last edited:

Messi983

Just in:

@HagridFCB 52m
Victor Font told @rac1
: ?From day one, if we govern, we will apply the structure we worked on & would do it with Koeman as coach. The changes would give stability to the club and, already with our organization chart, we would start working on the following season? #ElectionsFCB

If he is being honest here and sticks to that statement,
then the only plus that Laporta would have had immediately vanishes.

PS: He said a few more things, like:

Font: "Neymar does not have a place at Bar?a. He could fit in from a sporting point of view, but financially Bar?a cannot afford it; institutionally, he abandoned us a few days before the start of a season and is in litigation with Bar?a."
Font: "We want to get the endorsements of the Estatuts. It is an old law and it does more harm than good. We will also propose to change the terms of 6 to 4 years."
Font: "Pact with Laporta? I think not because we propose different club models. He believes that the model he implemented in 2003 is still valid, and we want to push for a modernization of the club and for the socis to be more involved."
Font: "If there is a way out, we do not rule out signing if we are elected. On the other hand, we will do a full audit to see where the club is and we want to explain it to the members. If there is a crime committed by someone in particular, we will demand responsibilities."

Whatever you think about his flaws, this guy is gold compared to the other candidates

Is he really? Or is he just talking what people want to hear?

He has said a lot of stupid things (mostly about Koeman and Griezmann) and then backtracked. Also, his obsession with Xavi is really unhealthy, lol.

The only thing I totally agree with him is about Neymar's return.

Andresito

Staff member

He has said a lot of stupid things (mostly about Koeman and Griezmann) and then backtracked. Also, his obsession with Xavi is really unhealthy, lol.

I'd say going back to 4 year mandates is a good thing as well.

Alik

You don't agree with the reduction of terms from 6 to 4 years? We could have avoided a lot of problems if this had already been so.

fergus90

He is compared to Rousand talking about getting Neymar back

Farre handing out pizzas, tattoos and pretending he's spoken to Klopp

Laporta not offering other than I've done this before all will be revealed after the election.

Laporta would have been my choice, probably based off blind nostalgia but the Si Al Futur campaign appears far more rounded and developed since 2015. He's announced quite a few board members, explained the sporting structure, announced the 4-year mandate, is sensible about Neymar as you said. I've never really got the whole populist remarks against him, maybe he just sees what a lot of fans see as opposed to the previous board of incompetents.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Quite liked Fonts interview yesterday. Less of it being all about Xavi and speaks sense.

Does seem to be the one who is least driven by ego and has a clear plan with former Barca players involved.

Best candidate so far particularly if comparing him to Laporta at this stage who seems to be his only rival.

Raketa10

We shouldn't complain that much, the presidency is between Laporta and Font. And that's a win.

+1

Both of them are very good candidates but my favorite is Font. He clearly has some new ideas while Laporta bets on his model from 2005. Football has drastically changed from that time.

Last edited:

jamrock

For anyone to doubt the great joan Laporta is absolutely insane, well expect the usual suspects who try to discredit his greatness back in the day, with there "it's the board" line of argument, only for some members of that exact same board to become leaders of the club after the great joan Laporta left & the rest as they say is history, (& ofc that history his that they ruined us).

Sometimes going back, is the only way to go forward, just look at our rivals in madrid if you need an example, perez has been a much better president the 2nd time around.

Given that just imagine how good the great joan Laporta will he for us, he crushed perez the first time around & he will do it again.

Never understand estimate the value of a Charismatic leader who actually knows what he is doing.

History is littered with examples of the transformative powers they have on organization. One such example being ofc barcelona under the great JOAN LAPORTA.

But history as also showed us that barca socios are freaking idiots so font stands a chance.

Home of Barca Fans