Hakim Ziyech

serghei

Fantastic assist today and great goal the other day. This guy has made the Eredivisie his own and is by far the best Ajax player over the last three years. Yes, he is better for Ajax than De Jong ever was. Its quite insane nobody has snapped him yet when he has been available for 30m for a long time. Passes both the eye-test and has elite stats(WHoScored)

:facepalm:

gregorrin10

I think this guy would've been perfect for Bayern and it would've been such a typical transfer for them...financially wise as well. So i'm actually really surprised it hasn't happened this summer. Especially when they are in dire need of great wingers. Not that Gnabry and Coman aren't good, it's just you'd expect them to buy someone under the radar like Ziyech and then he'd become another Robben for them, while we'd been left wondering 'why didn't we get this guy for such a bargain'? Instead they got Perisic on loan. If anyone other than his country man Kovac would be their manager now, i fully believe we would've seen them buy Ziyech, while Perisic would've gone to China or something like that.

Last edited:

raki

Fantastic assist today and great goal the other day. This guy has made the Eredivisie his own and is by far the best Ajax player over the last three years. Yes, he is better for Ajax than De Jong ever was. Its quite insane nobody has snapped him yet when he has been available for 30m for a long time. Passes both the eye-test and has elite stats(WHoScored)

looool

Tadic and Frenkie were way consistent.

Riordon

This year his avearage Whoscores rating is 8.42. Over the whole last season it was 8.54!!!! That’s insane numbers

Deserves a big move soon

Last edited:

Saladin

What a monster; easily one of the most in-depth quality players who can do it all; score, drible, assist, pass, create and find space.

Riordon

What a monster; easily one of the most in-depth quality players who can do it all; score, drible, assist, pass, create and find space.

Yes. And he has been at this level for a long time now. I would say for Ten Haags Ajax he has been the most important player, more so than Tadic, De Jong, VdB and so on.

Like a left footed De Bruyne I saw someone call him. Or maybe Di Maria is a better comparison. I would if he could be that advanced midfielder we are searching so badly for.

Sweden

I know he wants to stay in Ajax but hopefully he change his mind and hopefully we can get him next summer.
The reason beeing it wont be a financial risk to sign him. The problem is that big clubs will be queuing up.

JPM85

True, but we should not want him. Ziyech’ power is to dictate the play with crosses and combinations. He will not be able to do that here, because of Messi. We already saw what happened with players that are n.1 at their previous team, and they are lost when starting to play at Barca.

If Messi stays, we need players that are able to make runs and cover ground. At the moment Messi is gone, we can rebuild with more dynamic structure in the final third.

Riordon

True, but we should not want him. Ziyech’ power is to dictate the play with crosses and combinations. He will not be able to do that here, because of Messi. We already saw what happened with players that are n.1 at their previous team, and they are lost when starting to play at Barca.

If Messi stays, we need players that are able to make runs and cover ground. At the moment Messi is gone, we can rebuild with more dynamic structure in the final third.

I agree with your tactical observation. With Messi goes we will be more dynamic in the final third.

In general I would say it’s a bad idea to buy players who fit a player who most likely will be gone in two-three years. After this season we should already try and make a transfer plan which doesn’t include Messi. If we buy players who can compensate him, it’s gonna be tough when he he is not here anymore and need a whole new team.

Riordon

I can see him able to do some of the same stuff De Bruyne does for City. A creative player in the midfield who runs his socks off.

Ziyech has been averaging 4 keypasses the last two seasons. That’s higher numbers than de Bruyne. It’s ridiculously high.

I want to see him as the advanced midfielder. I have had doubts before but not anymore. He has the intensity and anything for it. Used to play on the wings but seems Ten Haag agrees with him in him being better at the interior position.

Take a look at this video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-E1_2Cvm8VE

Look at all the chances created in ONE game. Had Arthur or Frenkie done it they would be more hyped. We have no midfielder who can do anything close to that. We have midfielders where we can count the though balls they have made in 1/3 of a season on one hand.

Last edited:

gasgas

He wont work here with Messi.

Look at that video, everybody is making runs, everybody is available to receive those key passes.

Here at Barca Messi wants to be the one making that pass, and Ziyech the one to be making the run.

I don't see Messi or Suarez making such runs so Ziyech transfer will be a failure just like Ericksen, Kai Havertz, F. Ruiz or any other skillful attacking midfielder.

Riordon

He wont work here with Messi.

Look at that video, everybody is making runs, everybody is available to receive those key passes.

Here at Barca Messi wants to be the one making that pass, and Ziyech the one to be making the run.

I don't see Messi or Suarez making such runs so Ziyech transfer will be a failure just like Ericksen, Kai Havertz, F. Ruiz or any other skillful attacking midfielder.

Completely agree. Been saying that for long too.

People may call be disrespectful or ungrateful but I believe when Messi and the rest of Club de Amigos leave we will be more competitive.

FinBarcelonafan

Completely agree. Been saying that for long too.

People may call be disrespectful or ungrateful but I believe when Messi and the rest of Club de Amigos leave we will be more competitive.

We won't have the same talent level but we will be more fun team to watch again. In the end it's more fun to watch players who give 100% for the team. Maybe we will even play like a team and with a plan.

Home of Barca Fans