Benjamin Pavard

Catta

I read on a German forum, that he will have a 35 mil release clause next summer. Maybe we should secure him now like Liverpool did with Keita.

MTL_Barca

I read on a German forum, that he will have a 35 mil release clause next summer. Maybe we should secure him now like Liverpool did with Keita.

Yeah one source claims its 35, another said its somewhere between 30 and 40. Stuttgart also pretty much said they would be open for that.

Would never do that tho, if a player wants to join us he should just wait another year in that case. I know its safer for the player in case of like an injury but then i'd pass on him instead of paying extra 20 mil just to be sure.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If we go for him, he should be played as CB. It would be nice to have him as a back up at RB especially when you want to be more cautious but that is not his natural position.

Joan

I would be all over this guy. Not that he impressed as a RB, but is a very solid backup.

Great young CB with tons of potential though,

MTL_Barca

I bet he'll go to Bayern for something like 25M.

Stuttgart wont sell for less than the release clause, the "German clubs like to sell cheap to Bayern" meme is stupid.

There are reports that Bayern already has an agreement for 2019 with him to pay his clause tho.

gregorrin10

Stuttgart wont sell for less than the release clause, the "German clubs like to sell cheap to Bayern" meme is stupid.

There are reports that Bayern already has an agreement for 2019 with him to pay his clause tho.

But i thought his clause was 60M? The rumours say 35M to Bayern...so which one is right? There were strong rumours that Stuttgart won't sell for less than 60M this season, so i don't exactly see his release clause being just 35M, since it doesn't make any sense to demand 60M then. Let's face it, Bayern will get another great young talent from the Bundesliga under price and guarantee his signature one season early, if only our Board would be capable of doing the same with anyone ever...most recently De Ligt and De Jong for example.

Joan

But i thought his clause was 60M? The rumours say 35M to Bayern...so which one is right? There were strong rumours that Stuttgart won't sell for less than 60M this season, so i don't exactly see his release clause being just 35M, since it doesn't make any sense to demand 60M then. Let's face it, Bayern will get another great young talent from the Bundesliga under price and guarantee his signature one season early, if only our Board would be capable of doing the same with anyone ever...most recently De Ligt and De Jong for example.

It'll be 35 next summer. I've heard so.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is stupid for Bundesliga clubs to have release clause in the contracts for players since it is not mandatory at all, especially when the release is this low. They are just inviting Bayern to raid them.

Jombi

It is stupid for Bundesliga clubs to have release clause in the contracts for players since it is not mandatory at all, especially when the release is this low. They are just inviting Bayern to raid them.

But if the players and their agent demand a realistic release clause in order to improve their bargaining power in negotiations, then what can they do.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But if the players and their agent demand a realistic release clause in order to improve their bargaining power in negotiations, then what can they do.

True, but I still think German clubs should do a better job steering clear of it. BVB for example got bitten in their behind by Goetze's release clause and since then they have been very careful not to have release clauses.

Home of Barca Fans