Tanguy Ndombele

Arfaraza

Full name: Tanguy Ndombele Alvaro
Date of birth: 28 December 1996 (age 21)
Height: 1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
Position: Midfielder
Current team: Lyon (on loan from Amiens)

He's a beast.

xXKonan

According to Paris United, it seems PSG were interested in him but Ndombele isn't interested in a move to Paris.

Supposedly The Spurs,Juve and United are interested in him though.

FC433

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/htafcdotcom?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@htafcdotcom</a> 0-0 <a href="https://twitter.com/OL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@OL</a><br>joli tacle pour récupérer une perte de balle de <a href="https://twitter.com/TanguyNdombele?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TanguyNDombele</a> <br>(11e mn)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TeamOL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TeamOL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HUDOL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HUDOL</a> <a href="https://t.co/SwVRgtz18R">pic.twitter.com/SwVRgtz18R</a></p>— OL_Plus (@OL_Plus) <a href="https://twitter.com/OL_Plus/status/1022195861734993928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 25, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fantastic. Love his playstyle, very strong + mobile and skillful.

Joan

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/htafcdotcom?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@htafcdotcom</a> 0-0 <a href="https://twitter.com/OL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@OL</a><br>joli tacle pour récupérer une perte de balle de <a href="https://twitter.com/TanguyNdombele?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TanguyNDombele</a> <br>(11e mn)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TeamOL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TeamOL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HUDOL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HUDOL</a> <a href="https://t.co/SwVRgtz18R">pic.twitter.com/SwVRgtz18R</a></p>— OL_Plus (@OL_Plus) <a href="https://twitter.com/OL_Plus/status/1022195861734993928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 25, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fantastic. Love his playstyle, very strong + mobile and skillful.

Fast, strong midfielder + mobile as hell. I'd take before any other available guy right now, tbf. We have good relationships with Lyon and they seem to want Mina...

Messi983

:lol:

I like Ndombele but there are two things.

1. Don't want to sound like BBZ but Ndombele only has one year playing at the top level (Ligue 1) behind him. We will already have inexperienced (in Europe) Arthur and Alena (who has never played above Segunda level) to integrate into the team this season. Bringing another unproven player could be a bit too much.

2. He's solid defensively but not really a workhorse/ball-winning midfielder in the mould of Kante (he's probably not available and we won't find a player like him though) that I think we need to compensate for the lack of defending of Messi, Suarez and also Dembele if he'll become a regular starter. I also think his playing style is similar to De Jong's. Their stats looks similar and they are playing in comparable teams/leagues. They both like to run around with the ball/dribble but FDJ is better technically, more creative and a better passer. I believe he has higher ceilling so between the two I would choose FDJ.

Joan

:lol:

I like Ndombele but there are two things.

1. Don't want to sound like BBZ but Ndombele only has one year playing at the top level (Ligue 1) behind him. We will already have inexperienced (in Europe) Arthur and Alena (who has never played above Segunda level) to integrate into the team this season. Bringing another unproven player could be a bit too much.

2. He's solid defensively but not really a workhorse/ball-winning midfielder in the mould of Kante (he's probably not available and we won't find a player like him though) that I think we need to compensate for the lack of defending of Messi, Suarez and also Dembele if he'll become a regular starter. I also think his playing style is similar to De Jong's. Their stats looks similar and they are playing in comparable teams/leagues. They both like to run around with the ball/dribble but FDJ is better technically, more creative and a better passer. I believe he has higher ceilling so between the two I would choose FDJ.
Been traveling the whole day, Couldn't respond properly.

1. I absolutely agree, can't argue against. Anyways, looks like we're signing another midfielder and I'm not sure I'd be happy with Pjanić/Thiago. Both good, but not fond of either. Can see 2 possible problems. (1) is it smart to go into a season relying on unproven youth and (2) would they develop properly. Last summer, Alena played well in preseason matches, yet I'm sure we made a right move leaving him with the B team. Although, could've gotten some 1st team games. Slightly offtopic, how do you rate Alena's chances now? To keep it short, fear answers on both (1) and (2) are negative.

2. Agree only up to a point. Ndombele is a hard-working player, not Kante of course. [jair] Ligue 1 is not comparable with Eredivisie. [/jair] Not to forget he's been playing as a midfielder. Don't get me wrong on this - I like De Jong. Have stated so many times, but if we want to get a midfielder right now (this transfer window), I'd rather go with Ndombele than De Jong.

Messi983

Been traveling the whole day, Couldn't respond properly.

1. I absolutely agree, can't argue against. Anyways, looks like we're signing another midfielder and I'm not sure I'd be happy with Pjanić/Thiago. Both good, but not fond of either. Can see 2 possible problems. (1) is it smart to go into a season relying on unproven youth and (2) would they develop properly. Last summer, Alena played well in preseason matches, yet I'm sure we made a right move leaving him with the B team. Although, could've gotten some 1st team games. Slightly offtopic, how do you rate Alena's chances now? To keep it short, fear answers on both (1) and (2) are negative.

2. Agree only up to a point. Ndombele is a hard-working player, not Kante of course. [jair] Ligue 1 is not comparable with Eredivisie. [/jair] Not to forget he's been playing as a midfielder. Don't get me wrong on this - I like De Jong. Have stated so many times, but if we want to get a midfielder right now (this transfer window), I'd rather go with Ndombele than De Jong.

1. I think ideal would be to get another midfielder in his prime (aged 24-27) so we would have a great combination of

A.) experienced players (Busi, Raki) who can still perform on good to great level for 2, maybe 3 seasons but should get more rest in coming seasons but if we find someone better they should be replacable (Raki easier, Busi harder).

B.) players in their prime - Coutinho (assuming he'll play as a CM) and possibly a new CM who would challenge and ideally take over Raki's position over the next season. But that new player would have to be a big improvement over Raki for that to happen or else I would just prefer to see what we have in Arthur. Could also count Roberto here based on his age if he'll be used in midfield more but he doesn't really have a lot of experience playing as a midfielder and I also don't believe he can ever be more than a rotational/squad midfield option.

C.) talented youngsters like Arthur and Alena (BTW, to answer your question about him I sadly think current injury will influence a lot on his playing time this season because he won't have preseason to prove himself to EV) with De Jong possibly added this or next year.

Sadly, I don't think there is a great option B available at the moment. I know many people want Thiago but I'm not so sure about him, mostly because of his injuries. Also not a big fan of Pjanić though he would improve us undoubtely. He's also 28 so not in that age range I mentioned but still at his best and should be for a few years. Looks like he doesn't want to leave Juve anyway so probably not a realistic target.

So we have open options according to recent rumours:

A.) Parejo - uninspired signing. I don't hate him like almost all people here and think he had a good season under Marcelino last season and for 20M could be a good option but no way for 50M. Don't think we are seriously interested in him anyway. N'Zonzi - could be a good signing for at least 2 or 3 years, would bring us height and muscles that we've lost with Paulinho gone while also being better technically and tactically. So if we can't get someone better for a reasonable price wouldn't mind getting N'Zonzi.

C.) Our first target is De Jong and I think we'll try everything to get him this summer. We have 0 chances of getting Rabiot and don't know if I would even include him in this group. He's still young at 23 but far more experienced in top 5 leagues and also CL than De Jong, Arthur, Alena and Ndombele combined. And he's profile of midfielder we currently don't have so I wasn't opposed to buy him. But he's unavailable for us so better not waste more words on him.

2.) I don't think they are exclusive but IF we'd sign Ndombele now I think we could potentially risk to lose out on De Jong next summer. What if both Ndombele and Arthur would show a lot of potential this season and club would still have faith in Alena (or possibly someone like Puig from B team; it seems EV is a big fan of him)? Would we still be looking for a young midfielder next summer or would we prefer to invest more in a longterm replacement for Suarez and possibly Pique (if Lenglet won't show enough this season to totally convince the club he can become that). Maybe we'll even need to think about RB or LB again. So we could pay at least 80-100M for a new forward and maybe 50-60M for De Ligt instead of going after De Jong. FDJ seems crazy about joining us now but a lot can change in one year. As said he might not be our top priority again next summer or we might not be his prefered destination anymore if other club will offer him better chances of regular playing time/more money,...

Joan

1. I think ideal would be to get another midfielder in his prime (aged 24-27) so we would have a great combination of

A.) experienced players (Busi, Raki) who can still perform on good to great level for 2, maybe 3 seasons but should get more rest in coming seasons but if we find someone better they should be replacable (Raki easier, Busi harder).

B.) players in their prime - Coutinho (assuming he'll play as a CM) and possibly a new CM who would challenge and ideally take over Raki's position over the next season. But that new player would have to be a big improvement over Raki for that to happen or else I would just prefer to see what we have in Arthur. Could also count Roberto here based on his age if he'll be used in midfield more but he doesn't really have a lot of experience playing as a midfielder and I also don't believe he can ever be more than a rotational/squad midfield option.

C.) talented youngsters like Arthur and Alena (BTW, to answer your question about him I sadly think current injury will influence a lot on his playing time this season because he won't have preseason to prove himself to EV) with De Jong possibly added this or next year.

Sadly, I don't think there is a great option B available at the moment. I know many people want Thiago but I'm not so sure about him, mostly because of his injuries. Also not a big fan of Pjanić though he would improve us undoubtely. He's also 28 so not in that age range I mentioned but still at his best and should be for a few years. Looks like he doesn't want to leave Juve anyway so probably not a realistic target.

So we have open options according to recent rumours:

A.) Parejo - uninspired signing. I don't hate him like almost all people here and think he had a good season under Marcelino last season and for 20M could be a good option but no way for 50M. Don't think we are seriously interested in him anyway. N'Zonzi - could be a good signing for at least 2 or 3 years, would bring us height and muscles that we've lost with Paulinho gone while also being better technically and tactically. So if we can't get someone better for a reasonable price wouldn't mind getting N'Zonzi.

C.) Our first target is De Jong and I think we'll try everything to get him this summer. We have 0 chances of getting Rabiot and don't know if I would even include him in this group. He's still young at 23 but far more experienced in top 5 leagues and also CL than De Jong, Arthur, Alena and Ndombele combined. And he's profile of midfielder we currently don't have so I wasn't opposed to buy him. But he's unavailable for us so better not waste more words on him.

2.) I don't think they are exclusive but IF we'd sign Ndombele now I think we could potentially risk to lose out on De Jong next summer. What if both Ndombele and Arthur would show a lot of potential this season and club would still have faith in Alena (or possibly someone like Puig from B team; it seems EV is a big fan of him)? Would we still be looking for a young midfielder next summer or would we prefer to invest more in a longterm replacement for Suarez and possibly Pique (if Lenglet won't show enough this season to totally convince the club he can become that). Maybe we'll even need to think about RB or LB again. So we could pay at least 80-100M for a new forward and maybe 50-60M for De Ligt instead of going after De Jong. FDJ seems crazy about joining us now but a lot can change in one year. As said he might not be our top priority again next summer or we might not be his prefered destination anymore if other club will offer him better chances of regular playing time/more money,...

1. That's excellently summarized. The framework you set is practical to work with. Getting wc midfielder in his prime would be ideal, but I doubt it's achievable. Just can't see many (if any) options.

A) Regarding experienced players, we're in a very good position in my opinion. I rate Rakitić, that's why it's so. Since both of them 30, not only that they can give us a few quality seasons, but we have all the time in the world to look for cheaper replacements and try youngsters out. That's category C. This year it's Arthur and Alena, next might be Oriol or whoever will pop up (FDJ, Ndombele...). With some luck, I can see us reviving our midfield without spending obscene amounts of money.

B) As you said, we've got Coutinho in his peak. And I agree addition here would be ideal. Only 2 ways to add a player here. (1) buy (2) promote Roberto. (1) As stated, don't see great options, there's Thiago, I've expressed what I think about him, Rabiot not available. Parejo and N'Zonzi don't even enter this group. (2) While Roberto might not be a starting material (talent and quality wise, but other things also matter, probably not a starter but 12th player), I believe he can be extremely useful. Not many agresive, versatile players out there. What I love about his midfield play is running with the ball, moving things forward, transition game. No better example than Messi's goal for a win in last season's 3-2 Clasico. Best thing is that right now, this summer, we don't even need a starter, we need someone who can change things, be counted upon and offer a different approach. Imo, Roberto fits the description. Repeating myself now, shouldn't have let Jonny slip our hands. :lol:

C) If we can't buy a player who fits category B, wouldn't mind us going for another younger. Still, your points from previous post stand, just like my concerns about relying on youth and their development. Imo, FDJ shouldn't be brought this summer. Would love to see him play a season as a midfielder with Ajax first. Wouldn't mind us securing his signature, though. On the other hand, while Ndombele's also young, seems more mature to me (style wise), has played in a better league and enviroment. If it was up to me, I'd prefer bringing him now than FDJ.

Now it gets messy. (a) and (b) again.

(a) Wouldn't love either of them, to be frank. Parejo is a solid player for Valencia, but he's slow as a turtle and not the type I think we need. Can't say he offers us anything Raki and Busq don't and don't think we need a 50 mil worth backup. Positive Arthur and Roberto can cover for them and provide needed rest. Regarding N'Zonzi, it's different for me. Always liked him, class player, but don't find another DM (similar to what we have) a must. Would take somoene like Kante (type wise) rather than N'Zonzi (talking about types, again).

(b) I dind't mind Rabiot either. Just as you, believe we'll try to get our hands on De Jong this summer after Ajax's done with their qualifications. Can also see them let him come. You know my opinion on the deal. But, doesn't seem like Ndombele is an option for us.

To end with, our midifeld list as it stands, Coutinho, Busquets, Rakitić, Arthur, Rafinha, Gomes, Denis, Alena, Samper. It's not bad as it is. Think Samper and Denis have to go, Gomes too, but he's staying.

2. That's always the risk. But if Arthur, Alena AND (potentionally) Ndombele turn out promising enough, that'd be last of our worries. We'd practically hit a jackpot. Do you think De Jong is a generational talent? I hope we could solve our midfield situation this summer.

Messi983

It seems we've found a solution for our point No. 1. Not someone anyone of us expected us to sign.

About De Jong: I don't know if he's a generational talent but I think he has higher ceiling than Ndombele and would also fit us better.

Home of Barca Fans